I read in today's Prothom Alo / Daily Star that 5 players among the 20 probables
will be out of the team for the Australia-bound team.
The announcement will come shortly - may be within or after a couple of days.
I am now puzzled reading the papers as to who will be in the team and who will
not be. Lets start our prediction, shall we?
1) Khaled Mahmud - will remain as the captain
2) Javed Omar - for his good performance in the SA series as well as not including
him in the world cup, we are gonna go crazy if he is not selected
3) Habibul Bashar - for his good performance in the SA series, as well as he
is a regular member - he shouldn't have been dropped in any match over the last
4) Al Shahriar - he has been reported to be liked by Whatmore and is said to
be batting in the middle order (I don't know why all the Australians like this
5) Shahriar Hossain - is he really coming back?
6) Hannan Sarkar - has he improved that much? But, he has some good performances
in South Africa and against South Africa on fast tracks so may be he will get
a chance ...
7) Khaled Mashud - he has been reported to be included in the team as only
a specialist middle order batsman
8) Mohammad Selim - if the above is true, then he is also in the team
9) Alok Kapali - a regular member
10) Mohammad Ashraful - a regular member
11) Tapash Baisya - a regular member
12) Monjurul Islam - a regular memeber
13) Mashrafee Murtoza - a regular member
14) Fahim Muntasir - an off spinner will be chosen, and Fahim is the lone off
spinner in the side
15) Mohammad Rafique - a left arm spinner - same as above as well as a regular
Are the following to be dropped? -
16) Tushar Imran - there were reports that he practiced batting after Al Shahriar
& the rest
18) Anwar Hossain Munir
19) Sanwar Hossain - there hasn't been any reports about him
20) Tareq Aziz - he has been reported to have bowling well along with Mashrafee