facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 21, 2010, 07:03 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva
Default Sign New Coaches To Long Term Deals

It is obvious that Fountian and Pont have done an amazing job in quick time. The fielding and bowling is starting to look very good. I read that most experts say this is why we did so well and was the biggest factor (along with Shakib bai) why we won 4-0.

My worry is the coaches will not have a long time to work with the players up to the world cup. The domestic games will take a lot of time up so I hope the two English coaching experts can get priority.

This looks like the one time we have got lucky with two world class coaches. Does anyone else agree with me we should be signing them to long term, well paid contracts and not wait for Australia, India or another team to poach them after the world cup?

Old October 21, 2010, 07:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

I'm pretty sure both the fielding coach and bowling coach will be given extensions. But with the BCB you never really know.
Old October 21, 2010, 07:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

the only fear is that, both the coaches may hike up their rumeration or move to IPL.
Old October 21, 2010, 09:31 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I hope we have enough money to keep them for at least one more year after the WC. And hope they agree to stay.
Old October 21, 2010, 09:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Its too early to make a call. For all we know, maybe they wouldn't have joined us if it was a long term contract to begin with. So we'll just have to wait and see.
Old October 21, 2010, 10:05 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Who doesn't want a permanent job? But then again, it's Bangladesh, why would they want to? But then again guy like Whatmore cameover, but then again, he is known to coach the minnows. Am I saying But-Then-Again lot?
Old October 21, 2010, 10:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
I hope we have enough money to keep them for at least one more year after the WC. And hope they agree to stay.
The BCB is a multi-million dollar company so I don't think that money will be a real issue. I think BCB should try its best to sign Fountain and Pont long term if we have success against Zimbabwe too, before other countires start noticing their contributions and try to poach them away from us.

If the coaches can endure the heat and lifestyle of Bangladesh, I think they are a great match with our team and can help us improve even more as a cricketing nation.
Old October 21, 2010, 10:53 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Adam Gilcrist

i think we should wait and see what our performance is in the world cup and extend their contract after that...although we beat nz 4-0,performance of 1 series is not enough IMHO
Old October 21, 2010, 11:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax
i think we should wait and see what our performance is in the world cup and extend their contract after that...although we beat nz 4-0,performance of 1 series is not enough IMHO
I don't think it's whether the team does well in the WC that should be the deciding factor for those two coaches - we cannot leave it that late. We could see how much the fielding was better and the bowling already. In fact both departments showed up our batting!

I think it's time to think differently with these guys and we have been blessed to amazingly lure them here in the first place.

If we leave it until the WC we may well be far too late to secure these guys on long term contracts. Look how long it took for Klusener to finally say no and we are all happy he did, but negotiations takes weeks, maybe months.
Old October 21, 2010, 11:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

bcb should extend their contract after the zim series by 6 months to ward off ipl offers and then based on the performance in WC,extend it a bit longer
Old October 22, 2010, 12:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
bcb should extend their contract after the zim series by 6 months to ward off ipl offers and then based on the performance in WC,extend it a bit longer
lol....coaches are not that fool. sensing IPL contract, they may ask 2-3 years of long term contract or they may simply say "futoo" !
Old October 22, 2010, 01:25 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

If I was in the management, I wouldn't wait to extend their contract. Seeing the improvement so far, in just few weeks, I can guess what they are capable off. I mean they couldn't do any worse than JS. Plus from now on, we are always gonna need a bowling and a fielding coach. If you don't extend, we might have to look for coach, AGAIN, more fuss. And they might not be good. It's modern era, just a head coach won't do it.
Old October 22, 2010, 05:33 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

No, i will not go for a long term deals at this moment, short term deals will keep them under more pressure to perform, so that their deals will be renewed. Renewals of deals must be performance based.
Old October 22, 2010, 05:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Agree with you, FA bhai.
amader moto team er jonne short-term deals e bhalo. Siddons ke jodi amra 1-year term deal ditam, taile o eto vacation nito na..onek hard work kore amader team ke aro aage niye jeto.
Old October 22, 2010, 06:02 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Siddons ke jodi amra 1-year term deal ditam, taile o eto vacation nito na
I wonder how you came up with that
Old October 22, 2010, 06:45 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Interesting fact on Pont and Fountain: They both have baseball background.

JF: Former Great Britain Olympic Baseballer. He was the first baseball player to be used by an Test level cricket team. He also attended several professional tryouts with Major League Baseball teams including the Kansas City Royals, Chicago White Sox and New York Mets.

Pont: Known for a powerful throw and a brief foray into the world of baseball. In 1987, Pont had trials with six Major League Baseball clubs as a pitcher including New York Yankees, Texas Rangers, Toronto Blue Jays, Cleveland Indians and Los Angeles Dodgers. Recording speeds of around 100 mph, he gained a one months extended trial with the Philadelphia Phillies. At spring training, he was a starting pitcher for the Phillies in one exhibition game, becoming the first, modern-day professional cricketer to play in a professional baseball game.
Old October 22, 2010, 10:28 PM
ODI Cricketer

BCB can afford but won't.
Old October 22, 2010, 11:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
I wonder how you came up with that
When you have short-term contracts with your employer, you tend to work extra hard so that they extend your contract when its over.
Old October 23, 2010, 12:03 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

JS did not even care about this job 1st 2 years. And there is hardly any difference between one year contract and a 2 year contract. It's the 2nd contract where he showed much more concern for the team.
Old October 23, 2010, 12:09 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

You are off topic a bit. The thread title says new coaches - Pont and Fountain, which does not include JS here.
Murad, yes you are right in perspective of General Human Resources' Policy.
Old October 23, 2010, 03:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
When you have short-term contracts with your employer, you tend to work extra hard so that they extend your contract when its over.
I don't think Pont and Fountain would be holding back just because a contract is 6 months or 12 months do you? Also, they need time to make deep impacts into the fabric of the squad. I think we are lucky and blessed to have these two outstanding coaches. Let's not lose them!
Old October 23, 2010, 04:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur R & Nasir H

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103
I don't think it's whether the team does well in the WC that should be the deciding factor for those two coaches - we cannot leave it that late. We could see how much the fielding was better and the bowling already. In fact both departments showed up our batting!

I think it's time to think differently with these guys and we have been blessed to amazingly lure them here in the first place.

If we leave it until the WC we may well be far too late to secure these guys on long term contracts. Look how long it took for Klusener to finally say no and we are all happy he did, but negotiations takes weeks, maybe months.
Bro u hav to remember sumin yh. One reason as to why our batting might have been quite frankley weak compared to our bowling and fielding against new zealand is the huge factor dat tamim wasnt playin. He himself wen he gets in gets us to a competative total. But i do agree yh our bowling en fielding have improved. But it think thats more to do wiv not only the coaches but our players understanding dat wen dey play wiv commitment dey can be a threat to any team especially in subcontinent conditions. Lets wait en c wat happens against zims. Last thing we want is a whitewash against us dat series.
Old October 23, 2010, 05:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I am pretty sure that they will be persuaded to stay for a year at least, if they get attached to the boys. Sometimes coaches dont want to be tied into a long term contract, and do coaching on a short term basis with the option of extending.