facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 13, 2004, 09:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Default we have no hope no dreams about BD cricket

i don.t think so our cricket will give us any perfect victory .

Old September 13, 2004, 10:02 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

perfect victory would be too much to ask for at this point.

with all the n-tier talks, and our performance mixing togather, bd cricket is in deep s**t. when we need a good performance most, we are getting the worst. i just hope they start performing good enough to stop those talk. regardless of win, if bd can cross 250, 5 out of ten times, or regularly take 8-10 wicket bowling first, or 6-8 wicket batting first, i'd consider that good enough.

if we play like this, its only matter of time that we'll get punched on the face.
Old September 13, 2004, 10:12 PM
First Class Cricketer

hi guys

i wanted to tell that i am frustated .Staying up late night not doing homework and following bangladesh cricket-supporting through thick and thin for the last 6 years.I am really heart broken and no one ever has broken my heart so much.
I wish could play for my tam knowing i could do much much better than this becuz i have played professional cricket since 11 years .And i am just just 23.
I have more experince than our team.

is it really hard to play any team .Everyone is human after all.What is than holding our team back?Whats the the probelm then?We also have the best coach in the world?

I thiink the probelm is no ones EXCEPT the team.They somewhat think we are going to lose anyways so just put up a good fight.

A good fight ! Well that is abslolutley fine by me .But scores like 93 or 130 or even 190 in a batting track is not enough for a fighting total.

Our ballers have nothing to defend with.Do we need to chage our batsman ?
A lot is required for them and hope they deliver or i think i have to retire very soon to from being a bangladeshi cricket fan!
Old September 13, 2004, 10:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

I think expecting for a perfect victory is a bit too much. First we have to come across a victory then we can dream of perfect victories, which is hard, what makes a win perfect?
Old September 13, 2004, 10:22 PM
First Class Cricketer

Rana, I'm with the coach, who believed in us. Don't give up ever & work harder and harder until you acheive it all.

Here is the quote from world's best coach:

"I am not with those people who believe Bangladesh hasn't any prospect in the international stage. There are a lot of young prospects. I just need time to develop a good combination," said Whatmore, who is into his second year as Bangladesh coach.

"I love challenges that's why I hope to continue working with the team up to the 2007 World Cup," he said while responding to a query whether he has any plans to step down early. --Daily Star
Old September 13, 2004, 11:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Interesting that he wants to stay for another two years. Perhaps there is a future for Bangladesh afterall, it just needs time to brew

Edited on, September 14, 2004, 4:12 AM GMT, by Unknown.
Old September 13, 2004, 11:28 PM
Test Cricketer

its hard being a bangladeshi fan. but we love our country no matter how corrupt it is. and we love our cricket team no matter how many times they lose. but i think the sun is gonna shine for us one day very soon. the day isnt too far when guys like ashraful nafiz alok aftab or some one else take our team to new high. where ppl will have to give us respect. i m tired of hearing we r inexperience team we r still learning blah blah crap. i dont want no pity. we no bangladesh team doesnt have same skills as the other test playing teams.(except zimbabwe) but i m optimistic that very soon we will b the giant killer in big tournaments and then we will b the giant. then ppl like ricky ponting, saurov ganguli, talibu can talk all the trash they want to. but when we get there they can all kiss our a**
Old September 13, 2004, 11:33 PM
Cricket Legend

relax rana, just one bad performance is the not the end of the world. We still need more time to be completive with the big guns. Anyway, boys need to continue work hard and I guarantee you that sooner or later things will go in our way like it does in every sport.
Old September 13, 2004, 11:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Emad03
hi guys

i wanted to tell that i am frustated .Staying up late night not doing homework and following bangladesh cricket-supporting through thick and thin for the last 6 years.I am really heart broken and no one ever has broken my heart so much.
I wish could play for my tam knowing i could do much much better than this becuz i have played professional cricket since 11 years .And i am just just 23.
I have more experince than our team.

is it really hard to play any team .Everyone is human after all.What is than holding our team back?Whats the the probelm then?We also have the best coach in the world?

I thiink the probelm is no ones EXCEPT the team.They somewhat think we are going to lose anyways so just put up a good fight.

A good fight ! Well that is abslolutley fine by me .But scores like 93 or 130 or even 190 in a batting track is not enough for a fighting total.

Our ballers have nothing to defend with.Do we need to chage our batsman ?
A lot is required for them and hope they deliver or i think i have to retire very soon to from being a bangladeshi cricket fan!
millions voice
Old September 13, 2004, 11:46 PM
Test Cricketer

change batsman? who we gonna replace them with. we gotta stick with this batting side. and try to improve them until then ppl will contiue to trash us.
Old September 14, 2004, 04:30 PM
Test Cricketer

their getting more worst
Old September 14, 2004, 04:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

They are not "concentrating" much. It was evident from the SA match where the wickets fell rapidly.
Old September 14, 2004, 05:25 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Barry Bonds and JO

May be cricket is not for us. may be we are better just watching the game and cheering.

Edited on, September 14, 2004, 10:25 PM GMT, by kkakash.
Old September 14, 2004, 05:28 PM
ODI Cricketer

Thats not for us to decide. We just need that commitment to the sport the other teams have. Tomorrows game will be an eye opener. Hopefully our team has learnt from their mistakes and will put up a good show against the Windies

Edited on, September 14, 2004, 10:29 PM GMT, by Unknown.
Old September 15, 2004, 03:50 PM
Test Cricketer

this what happend today also they lost.

Edited on, September 15, 2004, 8:51 PM GMT, by rana.
Old September 15, 2004, 04:26 PM
Cricket Legend

dont blame the players or the coach. the path and the strategy we followed to become or join the big nations in cricket has been proven to be the wrong way.
Atleast for the bangladeshi players.

Playing continuously against the big teams for the last 4 years has blocked our way to go up. We need to reduce the matches we play against them and focus more on our level teams (associate teams) and all the other special teams out there A team, XI BD special teams and so on. We will also get the chance to play against the big nations once in a while.

The time we can beat the associates comfortably on a consistent basis, the time we can score 300+ against them or bowl them out for 120 on a regular basis, we would know that we can go and challenge the big guns.

That is more of a constructive and optimistic approach instead of holding to our status with no credit and saying that we will get better with time.

we need strategic reform not players, or coach. they do what they are capable of, they love the game and country as much as you do or even more passionate about it since they decided to play cricket instead of working for Canon USA, Intel like you and me.
Old September 15, 2004, 05:22 PM
First Class Cricketer

Whatmore has every right to vent his frustration at the team..his hard work clearly hasnt paid off...so its natural to show some anger at the team..i agree with him 100%..life was soo easy while coaching Sri-Lanka.
Old September 15, 2004, 11:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Our batsmen are not simply good enough to compete in international level....its the truth.....we have to wait may be another decade to find a competetive Bangladesh team
Old September 16, 2004, 03:48 PM
Test Cricketer

i think WHAITMORE tryed to teach them batter but our cricketars dosen.t like it .thats why their lossing all the match
Old September 17, 2004, 04:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

Don't worry, see the Bangladesh team after 2010.
Old September 17, 2004, 09:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

mates im very lucky tht i didnt hav to c da another devastating performence of Bangladesh cricket.... well aftr all this i shud say tht, icc shud bann bd frm test cricket.... i kno i shudnt say tht, but im getting hopeless. they already had enough chance n they misused those chances....

Edited on, September 17, 2004, 2:11 PM GMT, by 200SX.
Old September 17, 2004, 12:15 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

One Bengali newspaper said that Whatmore is not 'antorik' enough as he was in his first few months in Bangladesh cricket. There was also reports in the same paper that John Gloster, who have been with the Bangladesh national team since before our world cup 2003 team, has been influencing others including Whatmore in playing golf rather than staying 100% focused on the Bangladesh cricket team.
Old February 28, 2005, 07:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Narail Express

this was the story... couple of months ago
Old February 28, 2005, 08:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

All this before the match?

HALF OF THESE PLAYERS WILLNEER MAKE THE NATIONAL TEAM SO DONT WORRY.
Old February 28, 2005, 09:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by rana
i don.t think so our cricket will give us any perfect victory .
What exacty do you mean by a 'perfect victory'? I thaught a victory was a victory as long it is acheived fair and squire.