facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Who should bat at no. 3 for Bangladesh?
Jahurul Islam 9 34.62%
Junaed Siddique 3 11.54%
Shakib Al Hasan 0 0%
Asif Ahmed 3 11.54%
Monimul Haque 2 7.69%
Mushfiqur Rahim 1 3.85%
Alok Kapali 0 0%
Imrul Kayes 0 0%
Shahriar Nafees 1 3.85%
Shuvagata Hom 4 15.38%
Nasir Hossain 0 0%
Mohammad Ashraful 1 3.85%
Mahmudullah 1 3.85%
Mithun Ali 0 0%
Other (Please mention below) 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 27, 2012, 08:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes
Default BanglaCricket XI - No. 3 Batsmen

Mother thread - http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...=1#post1516108

Who do you think should be Mr. Dependable for Bangladesh?

Tamim Iqbal & Anamul Haque have recently been inducted into the BanglaCricket XI as opening batsmen. So now who do you think should bat at no. 3 for Bangladesh in ODI's?

Choose carefully from the poll above. The poll expires in 6 days

Discuss.

Old April 27, 2012, 09:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i'm thinking jahurul or shuvagata for now.....asif ahmed could be a long term #3. i don't want to pick someone from down the order and i don't want to go back to ones who have failed many many times. mominul i'd prefer to have lower down the order if he was to make the team....
Old April 27, 2012, 09:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Sorry i mispelt Mominul Haque's name in the poll.

Last edited by BengaliPagol; April 28, 2012 at 01:21 AM..
Old April 28, 2012, 12:03 AM
Cricket Legend

The no. 3 position has been a troublesome position for us.

I think this position is up for grabs for anyone. Bangladesh need to develop a Sangakarra/Clarke type player who sticks at the crease no matter what situation and will get the job done. Bangladesh are yet to possess a player who averages 45+.

The players that could fill that position are Jahurul, Mominul & Asif Ahmed. Mominul and Asif are still youngsters and both of them havent done anything spectacular yet so im a bit wary about them filling the void.

One man that could be given a go is Sir Ash. I feel like he still has unfinished business for Bangladesh. Well thats just my opinion though.

Shuvagata is another interesting prospect. He looked promising when he debuted but he just seems to have lost all confidence.

Im also curious to see how well Shakib does at no. 3.

I voted for Jahurul because he has a good all round game. He seems to play sensible shots and if he can gets his confidence up he will make consistent 40's.
Old April 28, 2012, 12:26 AM
Cricket Guru

see i don't want to mess with shakib's spot by moving him higher, #4 should be the highest spot he bats atm imo, he could be a good #3 but he has bowling to worry about as well.

mominul has always been a middle order bat rather than a top order bat, that puts him at the #4 spot at the highest, i never see him bat at 3 so definately don't want to push him to the national team and get him to bat at 3 first up.

asif, if we are to pick a youngster to take the #3 spot right now then i'd be picking asif but i don't know he hasn't been batting top order lately and he hasn't been scoring runs either, he didn't have a good dpl or bpl and he didn't score runs in the recent FC match he played.

that's why for me it's between jahurul and shuvagata, and i'm not sure who to pick. jahurul was in the last team that played and did ok but not great. shuvagata did well with the limited chances he's so far had for the natioanl team but has been left out over the last few months due to poor domestic form however he seems to have got a bit of form back in the last month or so.

riyad is a possiblity but he never bats that high.

imrul is another but he usually opens rather than batting at #3 and i think it's worth giving jahurul and/or shuvagata a shot their to see what they are made of.

i've lost all confidence in ash, not just that but i also believe he has a bad impact on the team and how they perform.

i really want to hear what others have to say when it comes to this #3 slot before i vote.

tbh i think anamul would have made a great #3, possibly even better than the opener spot but the 2nd opener spot has also been a major issue for us and i think he'll do better than anyone else we try in that spot atm. although i reckon the same could have been said if he was to play at #3.....
Old April 28, 2012, 01:14 AM
Cricket Legend

^^ i know how you feel. There isnt a particular person that stands out for the no. 3 position. Im all for Jahurul. But im not even sure with that decision.

Siddique is another option.

The more people voice their opinions in this thead the better. Opinions will lead us to an answer.

I really wanted Imrul to be opening batsmen so that Anamul/Jahurul would fight it out for the no. 3 position.

My order of preference for who should bat at no. 3: Jahurul, Shuvagata, Junaed, Ashraful, Shakib, Kayes, Mominul, Asif
Old April 28, 2012, 01:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
^^ i know how you feel. There isnt a particular person that stands out for the no. 3 position. Im all for Jahurul. But im not even sure with that decision.

Siddique is another option.

The more people voice their opinions in this thead the better. Opinions will lead us to an answer.

I really wanted Imrul to be opening batsmen so that Anamul/Jahurul would fight it out for the no. 3 position.

My order of preference for who should bat at no. 3: Jahurul, Shuvagata, Junaed, Ashraful, Shakib, Kayes, Mominul, Asif
for me if imrul got the opener spot then anamul would get the #3 spot without question.

i thought about junaid but he's had a good number of matches and still struggling so i'd prefer trying other options. i'm still tossing it up between shuvagata and jahurul, might be leaning towards shuvagata atm and the reason for that is that he's come back to form as of late. i know jahurul has been in some good form lately to but shuvagata when he was in form previously was always my preference for a national team spot.
Old April 28, 2012, 01:40 AM
MLC World Series I

Anamul Haque
Old April 28, 2012, 01:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
Anamul Haque
Anamul Haque is already in the BanglaCricket XI. He is the opening batsmen with Tamim Iqbal.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...age=1000000000
Old April 28, 2012, 01:58 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Anamul Haque is already in the BanglaCricket XI. He is the opening batsmen with Tamim Iqbal.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...age=1000000000
Yes, I'm aware of that. You see, over there in that thread, I've voiced my opinion that Anamul shouldn't open in ODI's and have voted for Tamim & Imrul.

And since this poll had an option "Other", I've voted for Anamul via write-in

I don't see Jaharul as a long term solution for the no. 3 spot. Maybe Asif/Mominul but atm according to me, Anamul would fit in perfectly. And I think we should move past Junaid, I'm a fan of him but he's been given a number of opportunities and has failed time and again.
Old April 28, 2012, 02:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Yes, I'm aware of that. You see, over there in that thread, I've voiced my opinion that Anamul shouldn't open in ODI's and have voted for Tamim & Imrul.

And since this poll had an option "Other", I've voted for Anamul via write-in

I don't see Jaharul as a long term solution for the no. 3 spot. Maybe Asif/Mominul but atm according to me, Anamul would fit in perfectly. And I think we should move past Junaid, I'm a fan of him but he's been given a number of opportunities and has failed time and again.
but anamul can't play both as an opener and the #3....he's already chosen to be the opener so no point of voting anamul as the #3 even if you want him there.
Old April 28, 2012, 02:20 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
but anamul can't play both as an opener and the #3....he's already chosen to be the opener so no point of voting anamul as the #3 even if you want him there.
right, so my write-in vote is illegitimate
Old April 28, 2012, 02:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
what's the point of doing that?
Old April 28, 2012, 02:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
You wasted your vote bro.
Old April 28, 2012, 02:42 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
what's the point of doing that?
As I don't see others as viable for no. 3 right now.
Old April 28, 2012, 02:44 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
You wasted your vote bro.
It's okay, I wouldn't have voted for anyone else from the list. So your poll is on track without my vote.
Old April 28, 2012, 02:48 AM
Cricket Guru

ok but probably everyone who participates in these polls will disagree with at least one possibly even more of the players who get voted into the team. still fun to vote your next best in.
Old April 28, 2012, 04:47 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla & Tamim Iqbal

No doubt!
Shariar Naffes should bat at no.3.
Old April 28, 2012, 10:23 AM
Street Cricketer

How about Nazimuddin "the snail"?
Old April 28, 2012, 12:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Jahirul should have more chance to prove himself at no.3.
Old April 28, 2012, 08:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace84
How about Nazimuddin "the snail"?
If you want to vote for Nazimuddin then select the 'other' option on the poll.
Old April 28, 2012, 10:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Yo BengaliPagol,

Since Anamul is already included in the team, I think we don't need another wicket keeper. Hopefully, people won't give Mushfiq a spot. And as for the no.3 spot, Jaharul must sit out for the same reason. Problem is, amongst you choices, no one really fits the no.3 slot. Naz and Shak should come a little later and others like Hom, I haven't seen much of. How about Riyadh? Thy guy can definitely stick around and has many shots in his repertoire. Always thought he should move up to get more balls to settle, never thought it would be no.3. But looks like that's what it has to be.
I'm voting for Riyadh at 3.
Old April 29, 2012, 01:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
If you want to vote for Nazimuddin then select the 'other' option on the poll.
Why on earth any1 vote him.
Old April 29, 2012, 03:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Yo BengaliPagol,

Since Anamul is already included in the team, I think we don't need another wicket keeper. Hopefully, people won't give Mushfiq a spot. And as for the no.3 spot, Jaharul must sit out for the same reason. Problem is, amongst you choices, no one really fits the no.3 slot. Naz and Shak should come a little later and others like Hom, I haven't seen much of. How about Riyadh? Thy guy can definitely stick around and has many shots in his repertoire. Always thought he should move up to get more balls to settle, never thought it would be no.3. But looks like that's what it has to be.
I'm voting for Riyadh at 3.
Good on ya lad. IMO Anamul, Mushfiq and possibly Jahurul will be in the team so i will do a poll to finalise who will be wicket keeper.

Ive gotta ask. Why dont you like Mushfiq?
Old April 29, 2012, 10:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Good on ya lad. IMO Anamul, Mushfiq and possibly Jahurul will be in the team so i will do a poll to finalise who will be wicket keeper.

Ive gotta ask. Why dont you like Mushfiq?
I have the same question..

Why would someone leave out Mushy (one of our best batsman and a wonderful team member)