facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 21, 2005, 08:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Appoitnment of Younis Khan as vice-captain

Guys & Gals,

What do you think about Younis Khan's appointment as the vice-captain?
I think it was a brilliant move, since i'm a big supporter of this cricketer and i think he has a very good character and very well-natured person. He's a Pathan so has strong leadership skills and i'm sure under him Pakistan is going to do well in future.
When i first saw him on TV, i always knew that he was the future Pakistan captain and rightfully deserves this gesture.
I think he showed tremendous temperament and consistency in the recent tour of Australia and his assets include wicket-keeping skills, occasional leg-breaks(i'm not too sure about this though) and a brilliant fielder. He was responsible in some major run outs in some critical matches for Pakistan even though those small incidences were kept under low profile.
He was shuffled around in the batting order so much which is why he has inconsistent run scoring record.
I think he thoroughly deserves the no. 3 spot and can play against any opposition in any conditions. Although he's a predominantly a front-foot player, but i have seen him to be at his punishing best off the back-foot!
What do you guys think?

Old February 21, 2005, 08:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

I dun understand........dude its banglacricket....no paki cricket.... anything not related to bangladesh shouldnt be discussed here......
Old February 21, 2005, 08:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

sorry- didn't know how to take it to International cricket.
can any of the Banglacricket moderator/administrators move it to International Cricket?
Apologise for the inconvenience!
Old February 21, 2005, 08:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Yeah wrong forum!

No worries Chyicarus, I'll move it to the right forum. Just be careful in future. Thanks!
Old February 21, 2005, 11:53 PM
Cricket Legend

I think it is good. But yousuf Youhana should have some kind of leadership role.
Old February 22, 2005, 01:27 AM
ODI Cricketer

i don't think Yousuf Youhana is a good leader at all. I respect his performances completely but as the saying goes "not all good students can be good teachers" similarly all good players cannot be good captains. For captaincy you need that attitude! If you read Imran's comments on Inzamam's captaincy role- you'll know what i mean. Yousuf didn't play any captaincy role in any historic wins!
Old February 22, 2005, 01:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

thread of the year ... so far
Old February 22, 2005, 01:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by chyicarus
Guys & Gals,
He's a Pathan so has strong leadership skills and i'm sure under him Pakistan is going to do well in future.
So leadership is genetically transmittable?

But I like his selection as VC. Youhana & Inzy both are type-B kind of personality. Even though I don't know much about Younis, a change in leasership was overdue.
Old February 22, 2005, 02:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

in fact- to a certain degree.
genetic engineering has proved that we often have a tendency to be strong leaders if our fathers, grandfathers etc has had a leadership role.
It also depends upon culture and tradition because the majority of us Bangladeshis don't possess that skill!
Old February 22, 2005, 02:28 PM
ODI Cricketer

Yohana was doing a decent job lately. may be they needed a commanding role for VC
Old February 22, 2005, 02:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

I don't understand, what makes you say that Yousuf was doing a decent role- becoz i haven't seen him in a strong captaincy role anytime recently! I didn't even see him win a match for Pakistan!
Obviously a vice-captain has to have a commanding role- otherwise anyone can be a vice-captain!
Old February 22, 2005, 03:17 PM
ODI Cricketer

Younis defintely has a class but my personal opinion is, Yohana is a better player than Younis and gradually he has become mature to lead in case Inzy is not playing. I agree that, he is kind of mellow then again Inzy is not that commanding like Imran Khan or Wasim Akram were. Anyways, good luck to both teams
Old February 22, 2005, 04:06 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Pakistan will be the best team in the world if Shoiab is selected as Captain + Vice Captain + Coach. All players of the team are intentionally playing bad, because they hate Inzi and want to see Shoaib as Captain.

Edited on, February 22, 2005, 9:08 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Old February 22, 2005, 04:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
Pakistan will be the best team in the world if Shoiab is selected as Captain + Vice Captain + Coach.

Sure. Let him also be the umpire and the opponent. Any only Shoiab fans should be allowed to watch the game.
Old February 22, 2005, 11:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

Fazal's sacarsm made my day!
I don't really know if Spitfire said that intentionally or it was a joking remark.
Pakistan will always be the second best team in the world simply because they have such animosity amongst them that they can never really unite.
Youhana is definitely a gifted player and such players should be left alone and shouldn't be burdened with the added responsibilty of being a captain. A vice-captain also has burdens- its not that he's a sitting duck, he also needs to give inputs which will help the captain.
If you guys read Younis's remarks, it clearly tells me that this guy is going to turn thing around for Pakistan cricket in the next 3-4 yrs.

Remark- "When a legend like Imran backs you publicly, it means something and it's a big boost," said Younis. "I try to play my cricket like him [Imran] without taking too much pressure.

"The Indian tour is a high-profile one and as the vice-captain I would like to see the team return home leaving a very good impression behind with the Indian people as good human beings and good sportsmen."

Now who can argue about his humbleness and charismatic attitude!
Old February 23, 2005, 10:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Latest Cricinfo article on Shoaib

Shoaib is secretly plotting with Imran Khan to get captaincy

[j/k]
Old February 23, 2005, 10:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
Quote:
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
Pakistan will be the best team in the world if Shoiab is selected as Captain + Vice Captain + Coach.
Sure. Let him also be the umpire and the opponent. Any only Shoiab fans should be allowed to watch the game.
I was kidding, but it would be really interesting to see someone like Shoaib as Pakistani captain.
Old February 24, 2005, 12:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Yea.. you were joking and I was choking (reading Shoiab and Captaincy in the same sentence).

If Shoiab is selected as a captain, then the VC role will be the most important of all time. Beacuse most of the time Shoiab will be unable to play in the game due to injury.
Old February 24, 2005, 01:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Maybe he's just faking injuries now, and if he's made captain then he will give 100% commitment
Old February 24, 2005, 03:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

We're shying away from the topic here. We're not talking about Shoaib and his antics- we're talking about Younis Khan here!
So if you have any views about Younis's appointment- that would be appreciated.
I thought at least this thread would make some good headlines in this thread- but i guess most of the members here doesn't really have a cricketing brain.
Old February 24, 2005, 03:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

younis khan isnt exactly, a world fmaous, headlien grabbing cricketer, and its inevevitbal people will start talkin shoaib
Old February 24, 2005, 03:16 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally posted by chyicarus
We're shying away from the topic here. We're not talking about Shoaib and his antics- we're talking about Younis Khan here!
So if you have any views about Younis's appointment- that would be appreciated.
I thought at least this thread would make some good headlines in this thread- but i guess most of the members here doesn't really have a cricketing brain.
I think to scrutinize current paki team you don't need any 'cricketing brain'.
Old February 25, 2005, 10:03 AM
Cricket Sage

This is called recycling the thread instead of creating 5 threads for every time someone sneezes.

Step-1: The topic was about Younis Khan & Vice Captian. It’s been discussed in the first few messages already, and there is nothing else to discuss really as already mentioned by some of my fellow members

Step-2: However that leads to current Captaincy in Pakistan and players who recently lead the PAK team.

Step-3: That leads to other possible players (Shoaib) should (or should not) be selected as PAK team's leadership role.

Now a member have every right to remind others to stay into the topic. However by stating "but i guess most of the members here doesn't really have a cricketing brain" the above member not only abusing/bending the BC forum norm or common decency, but also himself going out of the topic and encouraging others to do so.

Edited on, February 25, 2005, 3:04 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old February 25, 2005, 11:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Shoib has stardom sickness!!
I guess he thinks he is greater than the team!!
Old February 28, 2005, 12:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

Fazal- if you don't have anything to add to this topic- why comment on whether i'm abusive or not. I do think that many of the members out here doesn't have the cricketing brain- and rightfully so!
Please see the context on which i made the comment.
You're not a moderator here and i didn't go wayyyyy off my limits with the "abuse"!
So thank you very much for your concern!