facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 25, 2005, 03:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman
Default in search of positives

since all our spirits are down after the last two crushing defeats, i thought i'll try to cheer you guys up a little bit by giving you some work. in this thread we can talk about the positives (only positives) that bangladesh can take from this whole tour (including the test series) and use them in the future.

i think the most important thing we've achieved on this tour is self belief. now they actually believe they can beat anyone (doing it regularly is another topic). before the aussie game, bashar actually talked about his intentions to win. i dont think we've ever been this confident in our abilities ever. even the win against india (the second best achievement for us in the odi arena) doesn't measure up to this, simply because of the fact this was a full australian team (best in the world by a distance) that needed to win, and got outplayed by us although they themselves didn't play that poorly. we still wont win a lot of games regularly (yet), but we'll be going into every game knowing we really can win it. thats a huge boost.

the fact that this tournament is being held in england is another plus point. the whole cricket media's attention is on england right now, mainly due to the upcoming ashes series. our win against india didn't stir even a fifth of the ripples in the international water, compared to what we saw after the slaying of australia. the respect level for bd has gone up in leaps, despite of the heavy defeats. because now they're aware that on our day, we can beat the best. which makes us a lot less predictable than before.

okay...you guys can take it from here. i haven't touched on individual players. so, who promises to have a bright future judging from this tour? what are the strong points of our team? i dont know....whatever, just talk about positives.

Old June 25, 2005, 03:46 PM
Cricket Legend

The most positive thing out of this match should be Abir played a fairly good innings. At least we can now say that he is not a fish out of water.

For the whole tour, they are-
1. Ashraful and Aftab proving their batting talents in English condition.
2. The glimse of hope for future we have seen in Rahim.
3. Aftab establishing himself as a reliable and consistent medium pacer.
4. Proving that we can win against a team like Australia on a favourable day.

Edited on, June 25, 2005, 8:55 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Old June 25, 2005, 03:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

i'm not gonna complain much this tour has been a success even if "we don't take another wicket or score another run"

from time to time we will play bad, what team hasn't?

but we still have to work on same things we had to before this tour.

good to see ash with a score for the 3rd straight innings. he has never been in form like this.
Old June 25, 2005, 04:38 PM
Street Cricketer

I agree Shovon that Bangladesh had a huge confident boost after the win. Especially Ashraful, he is fearless when he bats. Inshallah ALLAH will guide our team to success.
Old June 25, 2005, 04:49 PM
Street Cricketer

Read below from sky sport

"The pair came together after Brett Lee took two early wickets and Ashraful, who made a memorable century against Australia last week, announced his arrival with two top-edged sixes off Australia's quickest bowler."

Ash will dominate soon.

Old June 25, 2005, 05:02 PM
Cricket Legend

lots of positives, many young players shone in this tour. cricket world now knows what ashraful is capable of.

however there were quite a few under acheivers as well. enamul jr. could have made mark in test matches if only they had the guts to play 2 spinners. shahadat has the potential, he was over excited and got hit. but i am sure he will come back. i like to see mash and shahadat being the opening pair in future.
Old June 25, 2005, 08:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Bangladeshfan,

Yep. This is the team as I see it in a couple of years.

Nafees
Bashar
Ashraful
Aftab

Raheem (k)
Masrafee
Shahadat
Enamul Haque Jr

That isnt a bad team, especially if the next good bowler is either a left-arm quick or something that isnt SLA.

Ian Whitchurch
Old June 25, 2005, 08:27 PM
Cricket Legend

i think we shud tak each match seriously. sometimes our players play the game like"onek kelsi ebar bari jai' .they hav to understand dat to play an odi is a big thing. make some effort, make other people work hard to beat u. in that way u can earn da respect.