facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 8, 2009, 04:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Opinions on China

So what do y'all think of China?

I used to admire them for managing over a billion people efficiently and smoothly. Many Bangledeshi seniors also admire them for their over-enthusiastic application of the death penalty and for their economic growth.

However over the last couple of years, I have become kind of skeptical of the Chinese Govt. What strikes me in particular are their brutal repression of any dissent, their scant regard for human life (organ trade is rife apparently in executed prisoners), and other such stuff......

Old July 8, 2009, 04:41 AM
Banned

The amount of money, resources and personnel the CIA has involved in China to create dissent, chaos and anarchy is astonishing. So, naturally, anti-china propaganda will keep "striking" people for the foreseeable future. No surprises there. What the government does in order to deal with these issues is natural for any government of a sovereign nation.

I suggest, be very skeptical and suspicious any time you see the term "HR violation". I would first file it under "manufactured bull". The Chinese are not endowed with a lot of natural charisma or a lot of personality, but they are not dumb.
Old July 8, 2009, 05:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Never expected much from a communist country..
Old July 8, 2009, 08:55 PM
Cricket Sage

i love Chinese food!!
Old July 8, 2009, 09:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Here are my suggestions to China:

All major religious traditions carry basically the same message, that is love, compassion and forgiveness the important thing is they should be part of our daily lives.

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.

If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them.

If you have a particular faith or religion, that is good. But you can survive without it.

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher.

It is necessary to help others, not only in our prayers, but in our daily lives. If we find we cannot help others, the least we can do is to desist from harming them.

It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.

Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.

Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend - or a meaningful day.

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.

Sleep is the best meditation.

Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.

The purpose of our lives is to be happy.

The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.

The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.

There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness.

Last edited by One World; July 8, 2009 at 09:55 PM.. Reason: Sorry those are quotes of Dalai Lama but still applicable
Old July 10, 2009, 05:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

I am/was never a fan of this wannabe superpower. A biggest human rights violator and supporter of rogue states. While neocon communists boast of a *only* successful communist state, it has embodied all the values against basic principles of communism which is equity of people.

It is because of China, people of North Korea suffer under a tyranny dictator who would have been finished 50 years ago when during Korean War. This is also a regime that supports regime of Pol Pot (Knowing what he did). Today everyone hates the Nazi collaborators coz they killed 6 million Jews, but no one hates Chinese for supporting a fanatical regime that killed millions of Cambodians.

Hope they cop it hard one day for it.