facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 23, 2006, 03:05 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Delhi Police Investigating 99-WC BD-PAK Match-Fixing Allegation!

Quote:
Cricket: Match-fixing in England World Cup under Delhi police spotlight

LONDON : Suspicions of match-fixing during England's hosting of the cricket World Cup in 1999 have led Indian police to Britain only days after they formally questioned South African batsman Herschelle Gibbs.

Delhi police are probing whether matches held in England were fixed by gambling syndicates and have requested the assistance of Scotland Yard......

....However the King Commission did not focus on any of the matches in the 1999 World Cup.

Of particular concern is Bangladesh's defeat of Pakistan in a group game, although claims have also surrounded South Africa's loss to Zimbabwe and a second phase match between India and Pakistan. Zimbabwe and Bangladesh won when their opponents had already assured qualification.

According to The Sunday Times, the Indian investigators are focusing on the dealings of Cronje and Sanjeev Chalwa, an Indian national living in London.
NewsLink: Channelnewsasia

According to the news... the investigation is more focussed on the Matches involving South Africa. But what I really fail to understand is how the BD-PAK match is under suspicion? The news report.. however, does not provide any claim by Delhi Police that they have found any clue of the BD-PAK match being fixed (as they found incase of SA matches). The report Still mentions that the BD-PAK match is of 'Particular Concern'! Bit annoying I must say!

Old October 23, 2006, 06:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash, Nasir

**** ****in bcci
Old October 23, 2006, 07:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

[sensored] BCCI.

Why they are interested in pakistan vs bangladesh match. how about investigating the match we won against India?
Old October 23, 2006, 07:47 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Oh come on everyone! The investigation is quite insulting to BD for sure... but what has BCCI got to do with it?
Old October 23, 2006, 07:52 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

That is funny. As if inidan police has no other corruption or crime to deal with. they are trying to get involved in things they are not even related with.

this attitude of india as if they are the gov body of cricket is getting quite pathetic.
Old October 23, 2006, 08:00 AM
Club Cricketer

Hahahaha well said Rubu
Old October 23, 2006, 08:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

They need some attension. For that they even went to England. I'm sure the British are makin fun of them the same way we are.

But what is meant by this?
Quote:
Zimbabwe and Bangladesh won when their opponents had already assured qualification.
Is it that BD and Zimbo's opponents had already qualified, and so they have taken it quite easy? Or is it that this gives a better indication of match fixing as losing a match for them doesn't stop them from qualifying to the next round?

Any comments?
Old October 23, 2006, 10:29 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

That sure tells me that Indian Police have nothing better to do. Desperately seeking some attention. Talk about inferiority complex.
Old October 23, 2006, 11:05 AM
Test Cricketer

****** *** ****** ***** ******** *** ***** BCCI AND INDIAN POLICE!!!!!!!!!!

The above line isn't pretentious at all, thats my innermost feelings lurking inside me about these pachidromes.
Old October 23, 2006, 11:43 AM
Banned

Delhi Police ! Hahaha...

Every time someone blows something up in that country, they point finger at their neighbors.

"The Pakis did it !"
"Bangladeshis did it !Damn you Bangladeshis !!"
"The Nepalese did it !"
"No, no, no, Maldives did it, let's send an army there !"
"Ok, ok, ok... Mauritious this time, let's send our navy there to HELP their government"

The law & order in Eeendeea is totally under control and we know who did it...we always know it's our damn neighbors..we asked our swami, he looked in his crystal ball, it was crystal clear...

FUGDILHIPOLICE......
Old October 23, 2006, 12:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Let them dig out if really there is anything. It will be our second victory when they will com back empty handed.
Old October 23, 2006, 01:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

adar bepari ney jahaj er khobor
Old October 23, 2006, 01:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

Guys ...I am with you in some instances of BCCI basing (some times they deserve it ..)
but not one this issue ....

Instead of wrting a long post let me summurize

1.BCCI has nothing to do with the investigations.It is the Delhi Police ..BCCI is a mere organization

2.The investigations (by Delhi Police) are not directed against a country but a illegal operation (in India) where huge money is transacted

3.It is targetting Chawla (an Indian national) and his ilk .

4.India as country looses huge amounts of money due to these transactions and hence the investigations

5.BD does not come into the picture at all.The police is investgating if there was a money trasaction involved in the match.Again transactions involving Indian nationals.
Old October 23, 2006, 01:21 PM
Cricket Legend

heheh...nei kaj to khoi vaaj and thats Delhi police is doing.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old October 23, 2006, 01:24 PM
Cricket Legend

they need some indian match fixings to deal with. Dont tell me they ran out of those and now dealing with BD-Pak...
Old October 23, 2006, 02:24 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat
Guys ...I am with you in some instances of BCCI basing (some times they deserve it ..)
but not one this issue ....

Instead of wrting a long post let me summurize

1.BCCI has nothing to do with the investigations.It is the Delhi Police ..BCCI is a mere organization

2.The investigations (by Delhi Police) are not directed against a country but a illegal operation (in India) where huge money is transacted

3.It is targetting Chawla (an Indian national) and his ilk .

4.India as country looses huge amounts of money due to these transactions and hence the investigations

5.BD does not come into the picture at all.The police is investgating if there was a money trasaction involved in the match.Again transactions involving Indian nationals.
Well said. Here some of the replies are simply pathetic.

Old October 23, 2006, 03:35 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Let them dig out if really there is anything...
Yes.. let the investigation continue and lets hear the virdict. So many times I have read articles mentioning BD's 99 victory as 'fishy' or 'controvertial'. It needs to end somewhere. But I doubt any reports of this BD match investigation will be made public.
Old October 23, 2006, 04:44 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I read on the news they even asked Scotland Yard to help them investigate the SA match-fixing issue, but I fail to see what BD-Pak match has anything to do with it.. It's been bloody 7 years - give it up!
Old October 23, 2006, 05:35 PM
Test Cricketer

In the same news it is said : "and Bangladesh won when their opponents (pak) had already assured qualification" which itself downplays the accusition possibly pointing that Pak might have taken the match lightly since the result might not play any effect in the point table. (...is that right?)

Anyway, let them investigate. It will exonerate our effort. I guess cricket lovers did not forget how Indian team itself smells so bad when you talk about match fixing!woakh.....
Old October 24, 2006, 12:07 AM

BCCI'r ki kheye deye kono kaam kaaj nai? What the heck have they got to waste their funds for? Especially for a game between Pakistan and Bangladesh hosted by the ICC and EWCB in England, a good 8 years ago!
Old October 24, 2006, 04:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
BCCI'r ki kheye deye kono kaam kaaj nai? What the heck have they got to waste their funds for? Especially for a game between Pakistan and Bangladesh hosted by the ICC and EWCB in England, a good 8 years ago!
I really don't understand why most of us pointing finger to BCCI? Its not BCCI but Delhi police who is investigating.... and don't tell me they were completly worong....They r the one who initiated the whole investigation many years ago and with success. It was nothing to do with BD team and no one is expecting BD got the money. Most of our members sounds to scared to discuss anything about that match. I can't understand why?
Old October 24, 2006, 05:09 AM
Test Cricketer

pardon my language....india te keo boro kore akta paad dile he will be caught and delhi police will accuse him of having trained in their neighbouring countries........police in india are the worse and most rude ..just trying to get some attention........delhi police huh!..making them sound like fbi or scotland yard....
Old October 24, 2006, 07:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny747
pardon my language....india te keo boro kore akta paad dile he will be caught and delhi police will accuse him of having trained in their neighbouring countries........police in india are the worse and most rude ..just trying to get some attention........delhi police huh!..making them sound like fbi or scotland yard....
Man! You made me laugh hehehe....Paad!

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old October 24, 2006, 07:31 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_swing
Well said. Here some of the replies are simply pathetic.
Agree
Old October 24, 2006, 12:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

there was already an investigation on BD-Pak...is there some new piece of evidence that prompted this new investigation?

and bharat, how is that something involving bangladesh and pakistan, happening in England, and its the delhi police have got the evidence to investigate? why not the NYPD, or Burundi Intelligence Agency?

does it matter now what happened?

#OneTeam1Dream