facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old July 15, 2004, 09:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Default Nasif Bhai

Are you gonna record today's game or everyday's game for that matter... For later view if you know what I mean

By the way, I meant - hook us up...

[Edited on 16-7-2004 by Orpheus]

Old July 15, 2004, 09:47 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Yes, highlights will be recorded. ARY will air highlights of each day from 2:30 PM eastern time every day for 4 hours. I will record all BD highlights.
Old July 18, 2004, 12:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Thank you very much

Just saw the Hong Kong Highlights.. Awesome really! Great picture quality. I also love these highlights aka mini version..... feels as if i saw the whole game but wasted only an hour ..

By the way, I feel bad for those hong kongese... the captain is like "we bowled BLOODY well".. LOL... well you bloody bastard.. your batsmen suck!

Anyways - can't wait for the future highlights!
Old July 19, 2004, 01:28 AM
Administrator

I can make a Xvid version of the match. I can release a torrent if enough people are interested. What do you guys think?

Quality will be much better than that wmv video. I am aiming for about 500MB Xvid file for 1 hour video.
Old July 19, 2004, 02:31 AM
Retired BC Admin

Give it a shot if bandwidth is not a problem.
Old July 19, 2004, 02:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by chinaman
Give it a shot if bandwidth is not a problem.
Great, I will make it. I will release it as torrent. It won't stress BC server.

Following info is for those who are not aware of BitTorrent.
Link for BitTorrent Client: http://bittornado.com/download.html

What is torrent and how it works:
http://dessent.net/btfaq/#what

Quote:
What is BitTorrent?
BitTorrent is a protocol designed for transferring files. It is peer-to-peer in nature, as users connect to each other directly to send and receive portions of the file. However, there is a central server (called a tracker) which coordinates the action of all such peers. The tracker only manages connections, it does not have any knowledge of the contents of the files being distributed, and therefore a large number of users can be supported with relatively limited tracker bandwidth. The key philosophy of BitTorrent is that users should upload (transmit outbound) at the same time they are downloading (receiving inbound.) In this manner, network bandwidth is utilized as efficiently as possible. BitTorrent is designed to work better as the number of people interested in a certain file increases, in contrast to other file transfer protocols.

One analogy to describe this process might be to visualize a group of people sitting at a table. Each person at the table can both talk and listen to any other person at the table. These people are each trying to get a complete copy of a book. Person A announces that he has pages 1-10, 23, 42-50, and 75. Persons C, D, and E are each missing some of those pages that A has, and so they coordinate such that A gives them each copies of the pages he has that they are missing. Person B then announces that she has pages 11-22, 31-37, and 63-70. Persons A, D, and E tell B they would like some of her pages, so she gives them copies of the pages that she has. The process continues around the table until everyone has announced what they have (and hence what they are missing.) The people at the table coordinate to swap parts of this book until everyone has everything. There is also another person at the table, who we'll call 'S'. This person has a complete copy of the book, and so doesn't need anything sent to him. He responds with pages that no one else in the group has. At first, when everyone has just arrived, they all must talk to him to get their first set of pages. However, the people are smart enough to not all get the same pages from him. After a short while they all have most of the book amongst themselves, even if no one person has the whole thing. In this manner, this one person can share a book that he has with many other people, without having to give a full copy to everyone that's interested. He can instead give out different parts to different people, and they will be able to share it amongst themselves. This person who we've referred to as 'S' is called a seed in the terminology of BitTorrent. There's more about the various terms in a later section.
Old July 19, 2004, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally posted by Orpheus
Just saw the Hong Kong Highlights.. Awesome really! Great picture quality. I also love these highlights aka mini version..... feels as if i saw the whole game but wasted only an hour ..

By the way, I feel bad for those hong kongese... the captain is like "we bowled BLOODY well".. LOL... well you bloody bastard.. your batsmen suck!

Anyways - can't wait for the future highlights!

at one point in the match, when this bloke was batting, pilot was referring to him as "buira manush"...lol

he is pretty old actually...43 i think...
Old July 20, 2004, 03:34 PM
Cricket Legend

I don't know if anyone would be interested in the WHOLE match if it's not CLOSE or a WIN.

These highlights format are really good.. So unless it was a close match or a win, I don't think it is necessary to make that big file....

that's just my opinion.. but Nasif bhai.... unfortunately the most I can say online is a THANK YOU! It is being reallyl appreciated! Onek pechaila kaaj eita jaani....

p.s. Pilot shala nijei buira.. abar arekjon re buira daake.. shala budda!

[Edited on 20-7-2004 by Orpheus]
Old July 20, 2004, 07:23 PM
Administrator

I wasn't talking about whole match either. I don't even record the whole, would take too much space on my computer. I only record the highlights.

I will be making it available soon. Bear with me.
Old August 5, 2004, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Those who are intersed to get XVid version of the highlights. Its now on BitTorrent. Please read the last post on this thread.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...d.php?tid=6460

Next match will be BD vs PAK (round 2) match on XVid.
Old August 8, 2004, 06:51 PM
Cricket Legend

that was a very good rip!! Thanks!
We should have all our winning matches in our BC library or something
Old August 8, 2004, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Orpheus
that was a very good rip!! Thanks!
We should have all our winning matches in our BC library or something
I will do the PAK BD and IND second round matches also. That is much better. It was my mistake during HK BD match, I didn't record the orignal MPG in HQ mode. So the rip was little off.
Old August 18, 2004, 07:30 PM
Administrator

BD vs Pak is up on torrent. Check that hightlights thread.