facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 11, 2002, 03:47 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default BIG NEWS - Tareq Aziz is Better

Good start for Dhaka, Rajshahi
UNB, Dhaka

Dhaka and Rajshahi divisions made good start in the Ispahani fourth National Cricket League that began at three different venues yesterday. At the BKSP ground, Dhaka scored 95 for two at stumps on the first day of the four-day match in reply to Barisal's 196 in the first innings.
At the Fatullah Stadium, Rajshahi scored 121 for one in 38 overs in reply to Sylhet's 118 all out in 46.1 overs.

At the Dhanmondi Cricket Stadium, Chittagong lost three wickets for 72 in reply to Khulna's 221.

BRIEF SCORES

BARISAL: 196 all out in 57.5 overs (Sadik Hasan 33, Nahidul Islam 61, Nadif 29 n.o, extras 6; Anwar Hossain 4/46, Mosaddeq Hossain Rubel 3/52, Arafat Sunny 2/32).

DHAKA: 95/2 in 34 overs (J Omar 41 (batting), Halim Shah 36 (batting), extras 7; Anis 1/6, Debabrata 1/24).

SYLHET: 118 all out in 46.1 overs (Tanna 19, Kabi 36, Nasiruzzaman 20 n.o, extras 9; Bhola 2/19, Shafaq Al Jabir 3/19, Mushfiqur Rahman Babu 4/45).

RAJSHAHI: 121/1 in 38 overs (Rafiqul Islam 19, Jahurul Islam 72 (batting), Nuruzzaman 23 (batting), extras 7; Enamul Haq (jr) 1/29).

KHULNA: 221 all out in 69 overs (Setu 31, Raju Parvez 50, Monjurul Islam Rana 29, extras 24; Tareq Aziz 2/37, Shafiuddin 2/42, Ahsanullah Hasan 3/54).

CHITTAGONG: 72/3 in 19 overs (Nafis Iqbal 45 (batting), Aftab 16, Minhazul Abedin 0 (batting), extras 6; Manjarul Islam Rana 2/7, Al Amin 1/25).

Old December 11, 2002, 04:02 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Highlights

Tareq Aziz - May not be ready for the real matches yet but 2 for 37 for the fastie (well, maybe faster then Manju).
I've put my thoughts on their place in near future.

Dhaka vs Barisal
Golla - 41 not out for Dhaka. Second test if scores 87+
Halim Shah - 36 not out for Dhaka. Good local performer but too old.
Anwar (Monir) - 4 for 46 for Dhaka. A tours
Rubel - 3/52. I thought he did better then Durjoy in the WI tour. A tour.
Nahidul - 61 for Barisal. Does well locally. Nothing yet.

Rajshahi vs Sylhet
Jahurul - 72 not out for Rajshahi. This kid did well in the Challenege trophy and in junior tours. I say we build him through A tours.
Nayan - 23 batting. Deserved an A slot last year.
Shafaq - 3 for 19 for Rajshahi. A team prospect
Mushfiq - 4 for 45 for Rajshahi. A team again
Bhola - 2 for 19. Has been around for a while. I'll give FULL marks for guessing his full name.
Moni Jr. - 1 for 29 for Sylhet.

Chittagong vs Khulna
Nafis Iqbal - 45 not so far. This boy needs to get his acts together. A team stand by opener.
Manju Rana - 2 for 7 and 29 for Khulna. Extra in A team. He has made a name for himself.
Ahsan hasan - 3 for 54 for Chatga. Spinner for A team - extra.
Raju Parvez - 50 for Khulna. Did well for Khulna the last two years. Last pics I saw of him 2 years ago made him look about mid 30's. A handy player none the less.

Nannu is batting for 0 not out.
Old December 11, 2002, 04:43 AM
Street Cricketer

Default Bhola

'Bhola' - his formal name is Amin-ul-Islam isn't it?
Old December 11, 2002, 04:51 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Grrrrrr

You are no fun, so you are disqualified.
Old December 11, 2002, 08:42 AM
Street Cricketer

That's the thing about being a long-term sports fan. The names of the most obscure players get stuck in one's head for years. I've heard it's supposed to be a bit of a bloke thing. The ability to remember vast quantities of useless information.
Old December 11, 2002, 01:54 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Talk about useless

Most of the players I did not name in the list are also crowded in my head. Of course I don't remember their EXACT scores or accomplishment but if they have average or better in the league, I can point them out.

Take Kalim (yes, who ?) for example. I can tell you that he is a keeper (if my memory serves me), he represented Bangladesh in age level tournaments and someone I'll like to go out and watch to see what he is worth.

That is the kind of people we need to be selectors. People who don't have to arrange a Challanege trophy (unless for practice) to find out who they can play in the team. People who would know the background of majority of their players and will either have the keen eyes or listen to the coach and other senior players about the promising newbies. People who would know what kind of wicket THEIR team (they have to own em, it can't just be a job) will NEED at home and have that made. We are not anywhere near India or Pakistan yet, they still make wickets to suit their own strenght. What does that say ?
Old December 11, 2002, 02:05 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Day 2 from Dailystarnews.com

Nafis, Javed hit tons
UNB, Dhaka

A superb hundred by Nafis Iqbal enabled Chittagong Division take a 189-run first innings lead against Khulna in the Ispahani Tea 4th National Cricket League at the Dhanmondi Cricket Stadium yesterday.
The promising right-hander hammered 117 as Chittagong, resuming on 72 for three, piled up 310 in 99.4 overs. Experienced batsman Azam Iqbal also contributed 75 off 179 balls featuring six fours and a six.

Khulna, who scored 221 runs in their first innings, were 13 without loss in their second innings when bails were drawn for the second day of the four-day match.

Nafis, nephew of former national captain Akram Khan, smashed 21 boundaries facing 194 deliveries in his chanceless knock before being bowled by left-arm spinner Manjarul Islam while trying to pull a flighted delivery.

At the BKSP ground in Savar, discarded national opener Javed Omar Belim hit 111 for defending champions Dhaka which enabled them take a commanding position against Barisal.

Dhaka made a mammoth 324 for nine in the allotted 100 overs in reply to Barisal's 196 all out in the first innings.

Conceding a 128-run deficit on the first innings, Barisal then lost three wickets for 59 runs in 26 overs. Mohammad Shahin and Nahidul Haq were batting on 5 and 26 runs respectively.

Earlier, Javed Omar and Halim Shah shared a huge 216-run partnership for the third wicket that powered Dhaka, who started the second day on 95 for two, to the mammoth total.

In his 285-minute stay, Javed Omar belted 16 boundaries and a big sixer facing 213 balls while Halim scored 98 off 194 deliveries. He hit 14 fours.

Barisal spinner Ali Arman claimed four wickets for 125 runs in 30 overs.

Meanwhile, at the Fatullah Stadium, Rajshahi took a handsome 223-run lead over Sylhet in the first innings as they scored 341 for eight in the stipulated 100 overs.

Sylhet Division, who made 118 in their first knock, were 94 for one in the second on completion of the 26th over when the bails were drawn for the day. Parvez Ahmed was at the crease with 39 and Rezaul Haq was at the other end on 9.

Earlier, a brilliant top-order batting helped Rajshahi, who resumed the day on 121 for one, reach 341.

Jahurul Islam (78 off 151 balls), Nuruzzaman (45 off 124), Anisur Rahman (54 off 95), Mushfiqur Rahman (44 off 99) and Hasanuzzaman (57 not out from 53 balls) were the notable run-getters.

Left-arm spinner Enamul Haque junior was the most successful Sylhet bowler picking up four wickets for 113 in 32 overs.
Old December 11, 2002, 08:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

what did Nannu & Akram do?
Old December 11, 2002, 08:56 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default The oldies

Nannu 12, Akram 8.