facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 9, 2010, 07:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul
Default Easier to usurp funds in the absence of a C.E.O?

The BCB couldn't careless about the real development of cricket in Bangladesh. Despite the demoralizing and humiliating thrashings after thrashings against the stronger sides, BCB still to decentralise the game to all parts of the country, doing away with the much successful HP unit, not employing qualified foreign coaches and staffs for each divisional FC sides which, in my opinion, is more important then allowing overseas bowlers to participate in our FC matches.

The FC competion still remains to be almost meaningless exercise haphazardly organized just for the sake of it. Even after eleven years we are still to have proper and settled home and away fixtures. The format changes every year according to the whims and desires of the organizers. Young cricketers continues to "learn" their craft on low, slow and below par pitches around the countries.

I am shocked at the sub-standard kits and gears provided even for the national players...just imagine the plight of the lower level cricketers! We still have FC cricketers having have to go on strikes for reasonable salaries almost every year.

My question to Mr. Lotus Kamal; why BCB still -after a number of years- hasn't employed a C.E.O despite your repeated promise, sir? What are the real reasons behind such reluctance? And why competent people like Rabeed Imam and Shakil are forced to resign from their posts?

Old June 9, 2010, 07:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Corrupt CEO will be even worse. The way things are going if there is a CEO appointed he has to be a party man which means one hand put in to the pie.

Choose your poison pill.
Old June 9, 2010, 07:41 AM
Cricket Guru

I was thinking about a foreign CEO, of course.
Old June 9, 2010, 07:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Yes, this is a valid question to be asked. Why there is no CEO yet in BCB?
Also I am not expecting that a CEO is going to change the whole picture. At least he can speed up the operation.
Old June 9, 2010, 08:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
Yes, this is a valid question to be asked. Why there is no CEO yet in BCB?
Also I am not expecting that a CEO is going to change the whole picture. At least he can speed up the operation.
You're right. I'm also not expecting a overnight and drastic change because of a CEO. I was merely trying to raise the question of financial transparency of BCB operations.
Old June 9, 2010, 08:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

its easier to praise or criticise steps taken..... but when no steps taken, it makes no sense of speaking what should have been done
Old June 9, 2010, 08:17 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

when whole country is corrupt, what do you expect?

we have corruption in hospital, sports, garments, police, school, politics,land business, bank, all government jobs, apartment business, everywhere. name one place in BD without corruption.

bangladesh is a country with 100% negativity

foreign ceo could have made difference. actually we need foreign CEO everywhere in BD
Old June 9, 2010, 08:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I just opened a thread discussing the similar thing... they r eating our cricket. Zmbo's have better structure then ours. Zimbo's have corrupt people but they know that not to kill the duck which lays golden egg for them. but as Bangladeshi we only think about our selves and hence don't even care if the duck dies, or flies away or stop laying eggs.

We have a PM who loves to show off and cry in-front of TV that's all she does. I don't know what sabber and real cricket lover people r doing? Even COCO was better than this...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old June 9, 2010, 08:32 AM
Banned

we shud just outsource our administration.
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
its easier to praise or criticise steps taken..... but when no steps taken, it makes no sense of speaking what should have been done
Care to expand a little?
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

A good CEO would be flowing with ideas...ideas that he will be dieing to try out in an organisation that is dieing for change for the better. I have seen many members here post great ideas that I am sure a good CEO would implement for the sake of our cricket. If I had some management experience, I'd have liked to try out.

We don't just need a CEO, we need a CEO who is able to freely work as he wishes. This includes hiring his own staff, managing funds etc. I think having foreign coaches is a great idea. However, I'd avoid tinkering with the Rajshahi and Khulna management too much, as they are going well. I would, though, hire competent local businessmen/management level employees as heads of the board. I say local since at Divisional level it would be important to be able to communicate with the staff on a daily basis such as groundsmen, gym and hotel managers etc.

I also think the requirements of the CEO position are too restrictive and may eliminate good candidates, and may be tailor-made for some. It is important for the CEO to be able to work with the President and the Board, so I'd also select accordingly. We need someone with a vision, and a strong character, and I hope the Selection Commitee helps deliver that .
Old June 9, 2010, 10:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
I just opened a thread discussing the similar thing... they r eating our cricket. Zmbo's have better structure then ours. Zimbo's have corrupt people but they know that not to kill the duck which lays golden egg for them. but as Bangladeshi we only think about our selves and hence don't even care if the duck dies, or flies away or stop laying eggs.

We have a PM who loves to show off and cry in-front of TV that's all she does. I don't know what sabber and real cricket lover people r doing? Even COCO was better than this...
i just don't get the freaking problem of this entire problem!

Once upon a time,we had a great cricketer in our natinal team named Aminul Islam Bulbul,who also happens to be quite educated and intelligent.Currently,he is working for ACC on the development of cricket in CHINA!!!I mean seriously CHINA?????When we ourselves are in such a crisis situation,then why are the domestic great minds being exported to China for crying out loud?????

I think I might have an explanation for this.Those corrupt people of our country know that if people like Bulbul come into power in BCB,then a major souce of marafying taka will be closed for them so they play their dirty politics to send people like them as far away from bd cricket as possible.
That was just one example of a major loss to our cricket development.
Old June 9, 2010, 11:11 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib, SN, Tamim

Forget all this nonsense, when our team sucks so hard nowadays, why think about about this dumb stuff

When the team goes well, everything will turn to Ok, otherwise such will happen
Old June 9, 2010, 11:12 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib, SN, Tamim

I think that its time India start hosting us at least for the betterment of our nation.

U see, the Indians are selfish and they are starting to feel the pain of their selfishness
Old June 9, 2010, 07:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK420
I think that its time India start hosting us at least for the betterment of our nation.

U see, the Indians are selfish and they are starting to feel the pain of their selfishness
What's India got to do with our board being corrupt and useless????
Old June 9, 2010, 09:37 PM
Club Cricketer

After our performance in the 2nd test in England, I don't blame India for not inviting us. Why should they waste their time? They are better off resting their players.
Old June 9, 2010, 10:39 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
I am shocked at the sub-standard kits and gears provided even for the national players...just imagine the plight of the lower level cricketers! We still have FC cricketers having have to go on strikes for reasonable salaries almost every year.
Excluding the jersey, players suppose to get their gears. They get sponsored by different companies. BCB has nothing to do with that. Our players are ****, so they never get sponsored by good companies. (Then again, it goes back to BCB, why our players are so ****).

Ashraful got the mongoose. Couldnt keep it for a season. He lost his deal.
I see Jahurul picked up a good sponsor in England. I hope he keeps it. It's same stuff that M. Clarke uses.
Old June 10, 2010, 01:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkandi4
After our performance in the 2nd test in England, I don't blame India for not inviting us. Why should they waste their time? They are better off resting their players.
To be honest, if our top order can wallop top class English pacers when there's no assistance from pitch or weather, why would they struggle against Indian bowlers? Even the Indians can't decide who's their best four..I think it'll be an epic test if it happens within the next year. Our middle order didn't contribute this time, and we still did ok. Imagine what happens when the pitch is flat as a road. Don't forget, our pacers, Rubel and Shafi are just as fast, or faster, than theirs. Our slow one, Shahadat, took 5-fors against both India and England recently. Our No.1 spinner is much much better than whoever is their best spinner, unless Kumble is playing. Shakib is on par with Kumble, but with less experience.

I guarantee you, a two-test series will be played over 10 whole days, 28-30 sessions. And Indian cricketers will get kicked out of the team after the series. Just have UDRS in place.
Old June 10, 2010, 01:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Bhai, political leader der election er shomoy taka disilo, nije election e win kore MP hoise, ekhon tar result bhog kortese. Ei BCB chief er kach theke ar ki asha korte pari? She etao jane na je ekta Test Team er Captain er morjada ki? Let him stay for his quota, ektu ghure fire berak than jabei to, lifetime to ar thakbe na. Asha kori porer bar bhalo ekjon manush ashbe.