facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 13, 2012, 11:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ShakTikMashNasir(ShakV2)
Default Standard Chartered School Cricket 2012

বুধবার থেকে দেশের ৬টি অঞ্চলে শুরু হচ্ছে স্ট্যান্ডার্র্ড চার্টার্ড স্কুল ক্রিকেট ২০১২। এই প্রতিযোগিতায় ৫৩৮ স্কুলের ১২ হাজার ২৪০ জন ক্রিকেটার অংশ নেবে। খেলা হবে ১ হাজার ৮৭টি।

২০০৪ সাল থেকে স্কুল ক্রিকেট টুর্নামেন্টের পৃষ্ঠপোষকতা করছে স্ট্যান্ডার্র্ড চার্টার্ড। বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের (বিসিবি) সঙ্গে আরো তিন বছরের জন্য চুক্তির মেয়াদ বাড়িয়েছে তারা।

মঙ্গলবার মিরপুর শের-ই-বাংলা জাতীয় ক্রিকেট স্টেডিয়ামে এ উপলক্ষ্যে আয়োজিত এক সংবাদ সম্মেলনে উপস্থিত ছিলেন বিসিবি সভাপতি আ হ ম মুস্তফা কামাল, বিসিবির ভারপ্রাপ্ত প্রধান নির্বাহী কর্মকর্তা নিজামউদ্দিন চৌধুরী, বিসিবির ক্রীড়া উন্নয়ন কমিটির সদস্য জালাল আহমেদ চৌধুরী ও স্ট্যান্ডার্ড চার্টার্ড ব্যাংকের হেড অব কর্পোরেট অ্যাফেয়ার্স বিটপী দাশ চৌধুরী।

সংবাদ সম্মেলনে বিসিবি সভাপতি বলেন, “এবারের প্রতিযোগিতায় শিরোপাজয়ী দলকে উন্নত প্রশিক্ষণের জন্য বিদেশে পাঠানো হবে। আর এবার থেকে স্কুল ক্রিকেটে অংশ নেয়া প্রত্যেক খেলোয়াড়কে একটি করে রেজিস্ট্রেশন নম্বর দেয়া হবে। তারা যেন হারিয়ে না যায় তা নিশ্চিত করতেই কাজটি করবে বিসিবি।”

বিটপী দাশ চৌধুরী জানান, স্কুল পর্যায় থেকে উঠে আসা ক্রিকেটারদের দীর্ঘমেয়াদী ও ভালো প্রশিক্ষণের জন্য তারা একটি অ্যাকাডেমি তৈরি করার প্রস্তাব বিসিবিকে দিয়েছেন।

SOURCE

Old March 13, 2012, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

There was a time (early/mid nineties) when Scholastica had 5/6 players in the national U-19 squad. Gone are the days...
Old March 13, 2012, 12:48 PM
First Class Cricketer

আমাগো স্কুল ক্রিকেটের সমস্যা হইলো এই টা হয় ৪০ ওভারের
বাচ্চাদেরকে বেশী সময় খেলতে দিলে কষ্ট হইবো এই কথা চিন্তা কইরা এই ব্যবস্হা...

আমাদের টেস্ট ক্রিকেটে মাঝারি সারির দল হইতে হইলোও
এখন থেক্কাই স্কুল ক্রিকেট হওয়া উচিৎ ৯০ ওভারের দুই দিনের খেলা
আর ফাইনাল রাউন্ড হওয়া উচিৎ ৩ দিনের খেলা
ধৈর্য্য ধইরা লম্বা ইনিংস খেলা-টা শিখতে হইলে বাচ্চা বয়স খেইক্কাই তা যাতে করতে পারে তার ব্যবস্হা তো চাই তাই না !!
Old March 13, 2012, 12:54 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
There was a time (early/mid nineties) when Scholastica had 5/6 players in the national U-19 squad. Gone are the days...
Because the other U-19 players where crap

I dont think they can ever match the likes of anamul/mominul
Old March 13, 2012, 12:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedzero
এবারের প্রতিযোগিতায় শিরোপাজয়ী দলকে উন্নত প্রশিক্ষণের জন্য বিদেশে পাঠানো হবে। আর এবার থেকে স্কুল ক্রিকেটে অংশ নেয়া প্রত্যেক খেলোয়াড়কে একটি করে রেজিস্ট্রেশন নম্বর দেয়া হবে। তারা যেন হারিয়ে না যায় তা নিশ্চিত করতেই কাজটি করবে বিসিবি।”

বিটপী দাশ চৌধুরী জানান, স্কুল পর্যায় থেকে উঠে আসা ক্রিকেটারদের দীর্ঘমেয়াদী ও ভালো প্রশিক্ষণের জন্য তারা একটি অ্যাকাডেমি তৈরি করার প্রস্তাব বিসিবিকে দিয়েছেন।

I really appreciate these two steps. Registration Number er idea ta khub bhalo. Easily in future eder ke ber kora jabe. And player hishebe eder lomba career and experience thakbe. Amader bachcha der khela shekhanor jonno aro steps neya uchit.
Old March 13, 2012, 12:56 PM
Banned

whatever happens this is a good plot because many new cricket stars for 1st division or 2nd division will be found. The same guyz might represent BD in the future

well sad that our school isnt participating because of exams withing 2 months
Old March 13, 2012, 01:14 PM
Cricket Legend

মোটামুটি ভালো মাঠে খেলা চালানো উচিত. আমাদের স্কুলের মাঠে ইন্টার স্কুল খেলা হত প্রতি বছর যেখানে উইকেট কীপারকে স্টাম্প এর সাথে দাড়াতে হয় কারণ পিছনে দেয়াল . ১৫-২০ ওভার এর খেলা হয় , সবাই স্লোগ আর ক্রস খেলে . Straight boundary বড়জোর ৪৫ মিটার হবে কারণ সামনে প্রাইমারী স্কুল . এইসব মাঠে খেলে তো কোনো লাভ নাই. মোটামুটি ভালো মাঠ আর পিচ এ খেলানো উচিত . তাহলে অনেক ভালো player পাওয়া সম্ভব .
Old March 13, 2012, 01:20 PM
Banned

^^^^

really?? In CTG the matches are made in good fields with proper boundaries, ropes but the umpires where poor

once, a batsman of the opposition nicked the ball and even our coach in the dug out could heare it but the umpire just didnt!
Old March 13, 2012, 01:30 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
^^^^

really?? In CTG the matches are made in good fields with proper boundaries, ropes but the umpires where poor

once, a batsman of the opposition nicked the ball and even our coach in the dug out could heare it but the umpire just didnt!
I agree with rifat@cri . The fields are very small in suburban towns and city. Sylhet is also becoming like Dhaka. You will hardly see fields for kids to play.
Old March 13, 2012, 01:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
^^^^

Maximum schools in Dhaka do not have good fields to play cricket . Actually most of them do not have any fields .We had to play the group matches in those types of fields where you cannot score behind the wicket .Our school only played knock out matches in Army stadium and we were the runner up in 2006 .
Old March 13, 2012, 01:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
No dude, they had a great team but never that good. Wills little flower and Scholastica were the only schools from Dhaka that managed to compete against BKSP..
I think Talha is from Scholastica and Mehrab (opee) was from Wills.....

I had the misfortune of playing against Opee once... Our best off spinner beat him first ball, after that he hit 5 boundaries in a row and each time he asked the wicket keeper to tell him where he should try hitting the next ball.... he was one talent that fade away too fast...
Old March 13, 2012, 01:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

সংবাদ সম্মেলনে বিসিবি সভাপতি বলেন, “এবারের প্রতিযোগিতায় শিরোপাজয়ী দলকে উন্নত প্রশিক্ষণের জন্য বিদেশে পাঠানো হবে। আর এবার থেকে স্কুল ক্রিকেটে অংশ নেয়া প্রত্যেক খেলোয়াড়কে একটি করে রেজিস্ট্রেশন নম্বর দেয়া হবে। তারা যেন হারিয়ে না যায় তা নিশ্চিত করতেই কাজটি করবে বিসিবি।”

source
এগুলো ভালো উদ্যোগ যদি বাস্তবিত হয় . আমদেরকে বলা হইছিল ৫-৬ জন কে ইন্ডিয়া তে পাঠানো হবে কিন্তু পরে আর কোনো খোজ খবরই বিসিবি রাখে নাই . এমনটা যাতে না হয়
Old March 13, 2012, 02:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
No dude, they had a great team but never that good. Wills little flower and Scholastica were the only schools from Dhaka that managed to compete against BKSP..

I had the misfortune of playing against Opee once... Our best off spinner beat him first ball, after that he hit 5 boundaries in a row and each time he asked the wicket keeper to tell him where he should try hitting the next ball.... he was one talent that fade away too fast...
Ganja does that to you.
Old March 14, 2012, 02:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Ganja does that to you.
What's that brother?
Old March 14, 2012, 02:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
What's that brother?
See what was bolded by Shubho ...
Old March 14, 2012, 04:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
See what was bolded by Shubho ...
It was hard to believe it !! I thought I was misinterpreting. I didn't know it. Thanks.
Old March 14, 2012, 04:18 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:

Willes used to be mega force in the school cricket during the 80's and early 90's.
Indeed, gone are those days.
If I'm not mistaken, the last time we became National Champion was back in '93, under Mehrab Opee's captaincy. We did become Dhaka Champions couple of times after that, but not the national glory.

Yes, Opee was that talent.
I have seen him very closely, but havent played alongside him.

By the way, both the Mehrab Hossains are from Willes. The past and the present one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Ganja does that to you.
It wasn't just ganja for him.
A cocktail of ganja, daail, smack and a relentless passion to go after every girl he laid his eyes upon did the trick for him. Mind you, he was very good at that. Only his cricket took the toll.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old March 14, 2012, 04:43 AM
Banned

^^^

A scadalacious guy he was
Old March 14, 2012, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
No dude, they had a great team but never that good.
Actually, they WERE that good, I went to the stadium to watch them win the cup in 93/94, when they outplayed pretty much everyone else and yes they did have 5/6 players in the U-19 team that year - it was in the papers, wish they had digital newspapers back then. At that time and given the standard of our cricket, guys like Shaker, Tasabbur, Rawno, etc were actually very good. But of course, they left for the USA for college and never pursued a career in the game as there was no money in it back then.

Shahriar Nafees' brothers are from Scholastica, so clearly the standard has fallen. But yes, the team was only really good for a stretch of three or four years max.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old March 14, 2012, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Because the other U-19 players where crap

I dont think they can ever match the likes of anamul/mominul
Back in 92/93/94, no one could match the likes of Anamul/Mominul, not even the national players.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old March 14, 2012, 08:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Is Taskin Ahmed playing in this? I saw a few videos of his bowling and I gotta admit he is very impressive. He's huge and has a very athletic build (for a Bangladeshi) and has a nice action. Only problem is that he's a bit wayward but that can be sorted out in time. This kid has a bright future.
Old March 14, 2012, 08:37 AM
Banned

@Equinox

He needs to be in a school first :p

But yeah, seems like a strong guy but needs exposure in BPL but too bad that he didnt get chance because so less chances are given to youngsters, thats y I wanted an extra team to be added