facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 12, 2011, 04:23 AM
Street Cricketer

Default What Bangladesh need is ONE Hadlee or Murali type cricketer!

They need a rallying point.

One outstanding cricketer who can show the others how its done.

If I were the BCB, I would find one person - ideally an all rounder as he would combine the best of both worlds - invest in him - get him one on one coaching - do whatever it takes.

Throw him in the middle of the squad and watch others pick up their game.

Remember New Zealand were "whipping boys" of world cricket until Hadlee arrived!

I know its easier said than done - but surely there is ONE such person in Bangladesh. Or be shameless and get an import - get him to qualify for Bangladesh and go with it.

Time to act.

Old December 12, 2011, 04:44 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

there is..The name is Shakib Al Hasan..we cant produce anything better then this...forget hadlee

Last edited by Night_wolf; December 12, 2011 at 07:06 AM..
Old December 12, 2011, 05:24 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Get Shakib one-on-one coaching then. Why is it that he can't convert for instance?
Old December 12, 2011, 02:46 PM
Street Cricketer

Problem is that time is running out for Bangladeshi Cricket. They need to react quick.

Just being happy that other higher ranked teams are playing with them is not enough - BD need to progress
Old December 12, 2011, 03:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

This is true. We need one guy who can rally others and make his teammates better. Kind of like Michael Jordan.

Shakib has my vote. Right now Shakib is going through a bad patch of form. He hasn't been scoring much or scoring consistently. And his bowling is out of form as well. I don't think he's ever gone wicketless in an innings before, and he's taken on much stronger batting lineups than Pakistan's, both home and away.

Tamim is woefully out of form, he has scored a grand total 27 runs in this series. This is the same guy who was on pace to score a century before lunch against England and in that same match hit Swann for 20 runs in a single over. He needs to hit a couple of tons or better yet a double ton. But he's super low in confidence right now.

Mushfiqur can be a solid middle order guy. He has no shortage of strokes, but at the same time doesn't seem to be a natural stroke maker. He can however score runs effortlessly when on song, a trait only displayed by one other Bangladeshi at any point in time (Ashraful).

Mahmudullah Riyad is actually quite over-rated by all and sundry on this forum. He is very much a #6, and all this talk about promoting him to 4 or 5 is delusional thinking. That being said, he can be a very good #6 as his average will attest to him being among the most consistent of the lot.

Nasir Hossain has the potential - in the [hopefully] not too distant future - to be the right handed Shakib, better with bat but not quite as clever with ball. I also don't like the idea of "promoting him up the order" but he stands a better chance than Riyad.

I think Elias Sunny is a very good spinner, and on a turning track he could be lethal. The Windies top order found him almost unplayable, and as their performances in India showed, they're not exactly mugs with the bat.

Apart from these 6, no one else in the side merits a place in the XI but are in due to experience or lack of other viable options. But you need at least 8-9 guys in the XI who are willing to contribute on one or both sides of the popping crease. Right now, 5 of our 6 guys are out form and low in confidence which means 10 out of 11 players are useless. You can't compete in Test matches playing one versus 11.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 12, 2011, 04:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Shkaib /thread.

Out of form now though.
Old December 12, 2011, 06:27 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIG_PP
Problem is that time is running out for Bangladeshi Cricket. They need to react quick.

Just being happy that other higher ranked teams are playing with them is not enough - BD need to progress
agreed with respect for your sordid feeling for our limping cricket.

Our problem is not in the body, more in the head, outrightly and surely. Because of that, even Shakib like world class player is now becoming 'redundant' with fading identity which fathoms obviously our disappointement and frustration indeed.

No wonder, if we are lucky, we will get someone like Murali or Hadlee as the saviour of our cricket and our tormented, agonizing hearts and souls as well.
Old December 12, 2011, 08:03 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Get Shakib one-on-one coaching then. Why is it that he can't convert for instance?
CHST.

/came here to say this.
Old December 12, 2011, 08:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

we really need tamim to focus and score big scores consistently. like i said in another thread tamim is the only one with more than one test century other than ash but he's not always in the team these days. a number of them need to break that barrier and get their 2nd test ton and keep going.

they'll never make decent totals consistently until the batsmen score centuries more often, it just won't happen. tamim is the leading batsman, best average, most hundreds, most talented etc he needs to lead the way.
Old December 12, 2011, 08:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
This is true. We need one guy who can rally others and make his teammates better. Kind of like Michael Jordan.

Shakib has my vote. Right now Shakib is going through a bad patch of form. He hasn't been scoring much or scoring consistently. And his bowling is out of form as well. I don't think he's ever gone wicketless in an innings before, and he's taken on much stronger batting lineups than Pakistan's, both home and away.

Tamim is woefully out of form, he has scored a grand total 27 runs in this series. This is the same guy who was on pace to score a century before lunch against England and in that same match hit Swann for 20 runs in a single over. He needs to hit a couple of tons or better yet a double ton. But he's super low in confidence right now.

Mushfiqur can be a solid middle order guy. He has no shortage of strokes, but at the same time doesn't seem to be a natural stroke maker. He can however score runs effortlessly when on song, a trait only displayed by one other Bangladeshi at any point in time (Ashraful).

Mahmudullah Riyad is actually quite over-rated by all and sundry on this forum. He is very much a #6, and all this talk about promoting him to 4 or 5 is delusional thinking. That being said, he can be a very good #6 as his average will attest to him being among the most consistent of the lot.

Nasir Hossain has the potential - in the [hopefully] not too distant future - to be the right handed Shakib, better with bat but not quite as clever with ball. I also don't like the idea of "promoting him up the order" but he stands a better chance than Riyad.

I think Elias Sunny is a very good spinner, and on a turning track he could be lethal. The Windies top order found him almost unplayable, and as their performances in India showed, they're not exactly mugs with the bat.

Apart from these 6, no one else in the side merits a place in the XI but are in due to experience or lack of other viable options. But you need at least 8-9 guys in the XI who are willing to contribute on one or both sides of the popping crease. Right now, 5 of our 6 guys are out form and low in confidence which means 10 out of 11 players are useless. You can't compete in Test matches playing one versus 11.
this is a great post. although i see tamim as the main batsman to rally around...shakib is certainly up there as well. what you say about rahim is true, but i think that's what makes him a perfect batsman for test matches......riyad i agree with, i wouldn't put him higher than 5 but he seems to be a #6 to me. nasir for sure has potential, yes a right handed shakib and i agree i'm not convinced on pushing him up the order but think he has a better shot than riyad, he could bat at 4 but i wouldn't put him higher than that.
Old December 12, 2011, 11:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: SHAKIB AL HASAN

shakib scores in last 5 test innings 40,79,55,8,51.he scores 233 runs in 5innings with the avrage of 46.60.you are saying he is out of from.what is your logic behind this.he did n't get wicket in innings.ok but do you forget how shadat drops taufiq in his bowling.and ajhar gets a top edge but sunny misjudge the catch.so what is shakib fault.he creats wicket taking opportunity but if the fielder can't catch the bowl what he will do.when catch is dropped it damage your moral.so he just gone wicket less michel jonson,zaheer khan,many gr8 bowler gone wicketless in innings but that does not make them out of form.you can't judge a players form just one match.shakib takes 3 wickets in 1st innings of wi 1st test.1 wickets in 2nd innings where wi bat only 30over.he gets 5 wickets in 2nd test against westindis .he gets 1 wicket in 2nd test 2nd innings.but do you forget how shariar nafees drop two and our captain mushy drop one catch in his bowling.
you people don't consider those performance.just say he is out of form.
do you know why headly,murali done good because the supporters were mature and the board treat them with respect and speciality.murali gave 97 runs in 10over but their supporter didn't chanting murali is out of from.richard hadly scores duck and beaten gr8ly by ausie batsman but still nz supporters did n't say hey hadly out of form.look at daniel vethori think once nz defeated by us 4-0.think once how humalating for them to lose four match to us.but their board stood behind vethori.support him.they say one bad series can't finish your good work of two years.their press won't try to find any conspiracy theory.vehotori wasn't good at that series still their media did n't single out vehotri for collective team failure.for nz fan its super humalating 4-0 defeat.but they didn't come airpoart in mid night with jutar mala.they give vehotori a seconed chance and nz reach semi final of wc.
lets look at our shakib.he was the most successful captain in bd history.one 3-2 series defeat against zim.and our press gone mad.they project shakib tamim as a conspiror and villen.unlike vethori shakib was the best performer of that series.but still our press single out him and accuse him for collective team failure.other country's board stood behind the captain in this difficult time.but what our board did just because of one bad series they sacked shakib.they didn't give shakib seconed chance like vethori.they didn't consider two years performance.just one bad series.everything is finished.our fan also attend in airport with jutar mala in mid night.
for nz 4-0defeat against bd is five times more humalating than bd's 3-2 defeat against zim.but nz show more maturity than us.
a murali,hadli will born where the board supporting fan showes maturity.in this environment they can't born.even they born they can't perform.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 12, 2011, 11:11 PM
Club Cricketer

It was a mistake to sack Sakib from Captaincy.

Also BD was too early to remove Habibul Bashar they are now paying for those mistakes!!
Old December 13, 2011, 12:03 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamnew
Also BD was too early to remove Habibul Bashar they are now paying for those mistakes!!
You can thank JS for that. He got rid of the "old men." JO, Bashar etc all should still be part of the Test team.

They are trying to build a team for the future, but you can't get rid of the oldies.
Old December 13, 2011, 12:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

What BD needs at this moment...is a TEAM altogether....who will believe that they are "all for one and one for all"!!
Old December 13, 2011, 12:28 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
You can thank JS for that. He got rid of the "old men." JO, Bashar etc all should still be part of the Test team.

They are trying to build a team for the future, but you can't get rid of the oldies.
this is basher's last ten tests record..cant really blame siddons there...HaBa has done what early test players should do for a young test playing country..there was nothing more he could have done..its the future generation who hasn't taken the next step

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=batting
Old December 13, 2011, 09:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

shurdh, one word of advice for u, please use paragraphs
Old December 13, 2011, 09:50 AM
Cricket Sage

We already have a Haddee (with no Mangsho) in Safiul. Now we need to find someone who can play Bashi (Flute).
Old December 13, 2011, 11:57 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
agreed with respect for your sordid feeling for our limping cricket.

Our problem is not in the body, more in the head, outrightly and surely. Because of that, even Shakib like world class player is now becoming 'redundant' with fading identity which fathoms obviously our disappointement and frustration indeed.

No wonder, if we are lucky, we will get someone like Murali or Hadlee as the saviour of our cricket and our tormented, agonizing hearts and souls as well.
New Zealand And Sri Lanka used to be like that

IMO - Sri Lankas World Cup Triumph changed them forever and Hadlees performances did the same for NZ.

Like I said - take one guy - make him the focal point of your team and watch others pick up their game to follow his example
Old December 13, 2011, 01:27 PM
Banned

Current Zimbabwe team doesn't have either and bd still loses to them.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old December 13, 2011, 03:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
You seem to be the official advisor of the forum
Old December 13, 2011, 06:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
His 'Enter' key is not working.
Old December 13, 2011, 06:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Tamim has been the biggest disappointment in this series. Had he played a few fast innings (even 50's would've sufficed), it would've set the tone for the rest of the players. But in none of the matches, we had that momentum from him.
Old December 14, 2011, 05:59 AM
Street Cricketer

A Hadlee or a Murali is asking for too much in my opinion.

Why not one decent enough player, that has the opposition's respect. I don't want to offend the members here but none of the BD players would even make it to the A team of any test playing nation. Even Afghanistan has Hamid Hasan, a very good bowler who has in him to challenge any intl batsman.

Btw how good is the BD U19 team? Any up and coming youngsters there?
Old December 14, 2011, 06:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai_Ali
A Hadlee or a Murali is asking for too much in my opinion.

Why not one decent enough player, that has the opposition's respect. I don't want to offend the members here but none of the BD players would even make it to the A team of any test playing nation. Even Afghanistan has Hamid Hasan, a very good bowler who has in him to challenge any intl batsman.

Btw how good is the BD U19 team? Any up and coming youngsters there?
well i'd disagree, shakib is a world class player and has the respect, at least with his bowling. anyway aside from that both shakib and tamim would make A Teams in the test format, shakib would even make it as a bowler in some of the front line teams and he'd also have a good shot of making it as an allrounder in alot of the ODI Test playing teams.
Old December 14, 2011, 10:12 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Any1 who gives his best

Pakistanra bd te tader atto supporter rekhe gese, dhakay stadium e gele bujha jay. tara ki aktao saqlain/akram/imran er moto cricketer rekhe jete parlo na? khali koto gula retarded opodartho rekhe gese jara bd te thake kintu akhono pak bolle lafay uthe.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition