facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 23, 2012, 10:40 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza
Default Another Innings defeat coming?

I think the situation is much worse than it seems. WI is in fact, will be able to play us the "fourth innings" on a fifth day pitch. If they keep batting tomorrow all day, we'll be faced with that.

That will ensure two things, innings defeat for us and they don't have to bat on the fifth day.

We really should have built a more competitive pitch and bowled better. And also, bat better.

Old November 23, 2012, 10:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

I'll be surprised if we avoid an innings defeat here. No matter what happens, it's just a question of how big and when we are gonna lose.
Old November 23, 2012, 10:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

I expect us to be bowled out for about 200-220. Even if some of our players bat sensibly I don't see us scoring more than 250-270.
Old November 23, 2012, 10:54 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

We prepared a useless pitch for some odd reason. We don't deserve to play Test Cricket. Tamim hasn't got a 100 in any form for well over 2 years and he's just one example that has proven to be a failure. We need to be strict on players even if it includes dropping them.
Old November 23, 2012, 10:55 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

If we keep losing by an innings then our test status will be questioned still and who knows what will happen to our Cricket?
Old November 23, 2012, 10:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

We should have the innings defeat this time. Losers should be the humiliated side.
Old November 23, 2012, 10:57 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

The fate of this match.was pretty much decided When our so called batsmen left us at 193/8. Abul just prolonged the match by a session. (I think this was a perfect jhor e bok type innings but was full of entertainment) WI will declare after lunch tomorrow with 250+ lead. And our "this is my style" type batsmen will make sure we loose by an innings by end of day 4.
Old November 23, 2012, 11:10 AM
Cricket Legend

most likely WI will bat till tea tomorrow and let us bat for the last session.

In Dhaka test we had a combination of last innings, 5th day pitch and the temptation of a victory, which as we know was too much for our boys to handle. they probably tried to be somewhere between aggressive and defensive and lost it all in the dilemma.

but this time, it'll be the same scenario minus the chance for a victory or even a chance to take a lead. Can Tamim, Nayeem, Shakib, Mushy, Mahmudulla, Nasir play the most DEFENSIVE innings of their life and draw this test? I know I am asking wayyy tooooo much....
Old November 23, 2012, 11:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
The fate of this match.was pretty much decided When our so called batsmen left us at 193/8. Abul just prolonged the match by a session. (I think this was a perfect jhor e bok type innings but was full of entertainment) WI will declare after lunch tomorrow with 250+ lead. And our "this is my style" type batsmen will make sure we loose by an innings by end of day 4.
I think you are right bhaijan
Old November 23, 2012, 11:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd

In Dhaka test we had a combination of last innings, 5th day pitch and the temptation of a victory, which as we know was too much for our boys to handle. they probably tried to be somewhere between aggressive and defensive and lost it all in the dilemma.

but this time, it'll be the same scenario minus the chance for a victory or even a chance to take a lead. Can Tamim, Nayeem, Shakib, Mushy, Mahmudulla, Nasir play the most DEFENSIVE innings of their life and draw this test? I know I am asking wayyy tooooo much....
The players name you mentioned do not know how to play good test cricket except may be Nayeem. Mushy and Mullah plays semi decent test like innings once in a blue moon but too worried to get a respectable total as they can also get bundled out...I just don't know how they will go in fifth day.
Old November 23, 2012, 11:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd

sorry dude but they are born entertainer, so they prefer to play very entertaining and precise cameo innings. they don't have any reason to give up their game and we fans are asking to much to sacrifice.
Old November 23, 2012, 11:33 AM
Cricket Legend

12 years and running and still we have to see such performances against a side which isnt even among the top test teams
Is our cricket ever going to come out of this mediocrity?
Old November 23, 2012, 11:37 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

lol we always deliver when the expectation hits rock bottom..i say we'll draw this test, and all of a sudden these losers are heros to us again, until they give us more misery
Old November 23, 2012, 11:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
lol we always deliver when the expectation hits rock bottom..i say we'll draw this test, and all of a sudden these losers are heros to us again, until they give us more misery
We were struggling to score 250 on day 1 on this road of a pitch and now we will draw this match by playing out whole day 5?
Old November 23, 2012, 11:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaL-PurusH
sorry dude but they are born entertainer, so they prefer to play very entertaining and precise cameo innings. they don't have any reason to give up their game and we fans are asking to much to sacrifice.
thing is they are capable, but they wont....

taking singles always seems so mundane to them. mathay khali ghure how to drive those deliveries so far outside off (while the keeper and 3 slips wait for you)....
Old November 23, 2012, 11:45 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
We were struggling to score 250 on day 1 on this road of a pitch and now we will draw this match by playing out whole day 5?
you were unable to extract the "শাণে নযুল" of my post
Old November 23, 2012, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

This is worse than death sentence. You know the inevitable is going to happen, but you don't know when. The certainty is so uncertain that it kills you.
Old November 23, 2012, 11:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Unless we cause a West Indian batting collapse within the first session tomorrow, I don't see how we can avoid the humiliation.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 23, 2012, 12:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

no doubt
Old November 23, 2012, 12:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

I knew it will be an innings defeat even before the start of the match.... Nothing new, is there?

In fact WI is wasting their time to put a massive lead up. Get ahead by 160, we will guarantee them that we will collapse within 150.
Old November 23, 2012, 12:44 PM
MLC World Series I

It shall be really interesting to see when the WI declare. I think, just before lunch.
Old November 23, 2012, 01:20 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
This is worse than death sentence. You know the inevitable is going to happen, but you don't know when. The certainty is so uncertain that it kills you.
So this is what it feels like to be on death row for several years...anxiously waiting for the Chair or the noose.
Old November 23, 2012, 01:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Where is the rain, have mercy on this pathetic team.
Old November 23, 2012, 04:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Don't worry guys, our batsman will save the day.....ahh who am I kidding. We screwed.
Old November 23, 2012, 04:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Calm down guys !!! We didn't expect anything better than this. Did we?? We knew that this was coming. All we were doing was expecting a miracle and that already happened in the 1st innings of the 1st test match. So we are done with our share of luck for this series so now we will just see what is inevitable. Why do we start to think we are the world beaters just after one good innings and why do we start to curse these players after a poor show specially when we all know what's their ability.