facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 9, 2011, 09:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Best thing BCB can do for BD cricket

Sorry to open this thread, we all come here to talk BD cricket and vent our emotions.
Here's mine:
BCB should take a page out of the Zim cricket and suspend all format of international cricket for BD until we've ironed out our domestic cricket.
We are at a stage that it is not realistic to play int. cricket.
If we are sticking to this coach, give him enough time to make his presence known than we can insert ourselves back to playing real cricket.

Right now, we are just making some corrupt BCB official rich.

We are not simply losing anymore, we are humiliating our cricket and the nation.

Old December 9, 2011, 10:10 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazz1
Sorry to open this thread, we all come here to talk BD cricket and vent our emotions.
Here's mine:
BCB should take a page out of the Zim cricket and suspend all format of international cricket for BD until we've ironed out our domestic cricket.
If we are sticking to this coach, give him enough time to make his presence known than we can insert ourselves back to playing real cricket.

We are not simply losing anymore, we are humiliating our cricket and the nation.
I absolutely agree with you in this. Cricket has become more than a game in the subcontinent region.
Old December 9, 2011, 10:19 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Zim had the guts to tap out. They didn't wanna take **** from people. They knew they weren't good enough. That too pride and balls. We don't have those. We can't fight back nor can we surrender. Shameful statement considering our country's history.

Best thing BCB can do right now is stop rapping our cricket. The should know the best way to earn more money is to make your cricket team better, so you get more sponsor, more TV deals. But I guess they are happy with eating up all the cash they are getting right now, so they aren't bothered
Old December 9, 2011, 10:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Zim had the guts to tap out. They didn't wanna take **** from people. They knew they weren't good enough. That too pride and balls. We don't have them. We can't fight back nor can we surrender. Shameful statement considering our country's history.
We just don't have the talent pool to compete at the highest level. Just self exile will not help. I think "two tiers" is our only hope.
Old December 9, 2011, 10:33 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarufH
We just don't have the talent pool to compete at the highest level. Just self exile will not help.
Then we should admit it and call it a day, until we find more talents. We keep saying how our boys are so talented and how gifted they are 24/7
Old December 9, 2011, 10:45 AM
Test Cricketer

It looks like no matter what format of the game we play, be it T20, ODI or Tests, we barely can sore 200 or over regardless who we play against.
Old December 9, 2011, 11:20 AM
Cricket Legend

I agree, self-exile is the way to go... but more like self-exile from the big league...

we still need to play wi, zim and max NZ (at home) from time to time... but focus should be on our academy, u-19 and domestic cricket. At the end of the day we get what we get, but we have to stop playing test this 'unprepared' and stop wasting time...

this applies to test cricket for now... but i see how this is slowly creeping into our ODIs and t20s.....
Old December 9, 2011, 11:40 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

What BCB can do?

Ask all the cricketers to finish minimum college education before representing the national side.

i)Education will train their minds on how to LEARN and improve the currently stagnant learning curve

ii)Education will broaden their knowledge in all subject matters and perhaps make them more interested in researching on the game they take as their profession a bit more than wasting time on Hindi movies

iii) Should improve their English especially the understanding of the Coach's instruction

At the moment we hit rock bottom after 10 years of cricket. At least after another 10 years I would like to see our cricketers speaking as eloquently as Sangakara, Gavasker, naser hossain or ganguly and not like Shahadat
Old December 9, 2011, 12:09 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

^^ That's strongly linked with improving the cricketing structure of high schools and colleges across the country. They should be receiving a quality education and good sports training at the same time. Clearly just the BKSP isn't enough...
Old December 9, 2011, 01:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Self exile would be really beneficual for the country, the gov can use it's cricket funding to feed and educate millions of starving and poor children across bangladesh. Why should the gov continue to waste millions of takas on something like cricket which only serves the purpose of a few ,orrupt politicians in the bcb while we have poor and unpriveledged children everywhere in bd, this cricket funding would be of better use to develop the country instead of filling the pockets of politicians and players who have brought shame to our country

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old December 9, 2011, 01:24 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazz1
Here's mine:

Good idea but it will not happen because Zims have patriotism, we don't. Our patriotism is expressed through the media and some concrete structures - the idiolized structures now smell corruption and greed.
Old December 10, 2011, 11:19 AM
Street Cricketer

Take a bit of a break and start touring against A teams in other countries. Try and get first class sides to play sides from India and Pakistan in four day cricket.

Get rid of tried and tested failures like Ashraful and start picking players who are performing consistently in domestic. Stop over reliance on spinners and spinning pitches and get up and coming players to play league and club cricket in England ( alot of Pakistanis do this)
Old December 10, 2011, 12:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
I agree, self-exile is the way to go... but more like self-exile from the big league...

we still need to play wi, zim and max NZ (at home) from time to time... but focus should be on our academy, u-19 and domestic cricket. At the end of the day we get what we get, but we have to stop playing test this 'unprepared' and stop wasting time...

this applies to test cricket for now... but i see how this is slowly creeping into our ODIs and t20s.....
spot on!!..
Old December 10, 2011, 12:37 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
What BCB can do?

Ask all the cricketers to finish minimum college education before representing the national side.

i)Education will train their minds on how to LEARN and improve the currently stagnant learning curve

ii)Education will broaden their knowledge in all subject matters and perhaps make them more interested in researching on the game they take as their profession a bit more than wasting time on Hindi movies

iii) Should improve their English especially the understanding of the Coach's instruction

At the moment we hit rock bottom after 10 years of cricket. At least after another 10 years I would like to see our cricketers speaking as eloquently as Sangakara, Gavasker, naser hossain or ganguly and not like Shahadat
I wish there is a 'Like' button here for this post. Our learning curve is very flat, not good enough for international cricket.