facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Who has the better future of our 3 finest young players?
Asif Ahmed 1 3.45%
Anamul 23 79.31%
Mominul 5 17.24%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 26, 2012, 09:28 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash
Default Who has the better future of our 3 finest young players and why?-Prediction thread

Anamul,Asif and Mominul are the future of our team. although we wish all of the good luck for the future its unlikely that 3 of them having the exact amount of success in the future. One of them may be more successful then others. who do you think has the brighter future among the 3 and why

I believe it will be asif ahmed, though the kid didn't got the chance to show his skills in BPL(i still dont get it) like Mominul and Anamul, he consistently performed well in the NCL..he was leading the Highest run tally just before anamul overtook him at the last. He has also a decent bowling record that the other two doesn't have. And Asif's U-19 Stats are better then Anamul and Mominul. guys who did well for BD in Int level did well in U-19s..guys like shak,tam,mushy mash ash..thats why i believe asif is the guy to look out for among the 3 in the future

Old May 26, 2012, 10:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

All 3 are talented. I think along with them there is tasamul, sabbir should be mentioned too. They need proper nurture.
Old May 26, 2012, 10:47 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

No comparison sorry. Anamul is the rising star of Bangladesh Cricket>

I just hope he doesn't get influenced by complacent and lazy attitudes to being the best he can, that have influenced many.

This kid has a HUGE future
Old May 27, 2012, 12:30 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla & Tamim Iqbal

Anamul on top.
Great future. Nice tecnique. Positive sensible batsmen. Looks perfect behind the stumps.
Gotta utilize this kid in proper way.
Old May 27, 2012, 01:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Thanks Ian Pont. Love ur input.
Old May 27, 2012, 01:24 AM
Cricket Legend

This coming t20 will be awesome experience because we might see tamim anamul shakib Nasir for the first time together. Hopefully they will not select shahadat.
Old May 27, 2012, 02:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Anamul seems to be very well rounded, great talent mixed with decent technique, good attitude, DBS consistently scores centuries which is somewhat of a rare trait. Asif needs to find his form again, probably not quite the immense talent an anamul is but he gets results. Mominul is in the mushy mould with solid technique, small huh but can still hit the ball far just needs to work on consistency. Sabbir also has great talent and so does shuvagata
Old May 27, 2012, 04:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Of the choices here, Bijauy by a lightyear. Shubhagauto also has great potential and I'm shocked not to see him here. Probably won't see Shoummo's name in a couple of years either. Perhaps I shouldn't be until they "revert" with Shubhashish and grow a beard. Rumman has temperament issues he needs to resolve and I'm not sure of Shouraubh or Ratul sustaining success in international cricket at this point. That being said, I'm in favor of giving each of them a prolonged go sooner rather than later.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; May 27, 2012 at 07:05 AM..
Old May 27, 2012, 04:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

A few names missing in that list? Tazkin Ahmed, Abul Hossain, Alauddin Babu. And yah Anamul Haque is probably on the brink of selection so let's concentrate on those the pipeline.
Old May 27, 2012, 04:38 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

My avatar should tell you.

At the moment Anamul is way ahead of other youngsters. But Asif and Muminul has potential, they need to keep practicing hard and they will be as good as Anamul.
Old May 27, 2012, 04:41 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Warne McGrath and S Waugh

Hard to really judge them as I've barely seen them bat but Anamul seems to be the sort of guy who when he gets a good score can turn it into a big one. He has a good ratio of turning 50s into 100s which a lot of Bangladesh batsmen struggle with. The true test for these guys will be international cricket, especially Test cricket but it seems like Bangladesh have a decent future for their batting stocks. Hopefully one of them can be a real star and average 50 in tests.
Old May 27, 2012, 04:48 AM
Cricket Savant

We're still looking for Mr. 40.0 who can stay there throughout his career. Tamim can do it if he quits smoking, and doesn't get physically and mentally tired after his almost effortless 50s. But I do believe that both Anamul and Hom have the desire, natural ability and temperament to do it. They both rotate the strike at will and can put the loose ball away safely but with authority.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old May 27, 2012, 04:48 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Of the choices here, Bijauy by a lightyear. Shubhagauto also as great potential and I'm shocked not to see him here. Probably won't see Shoummo's name in a couple of years either. Perhaps I shouldn't be until they "revert" with Shubhashish and grow a beard. Rumman has temperament issues he needs to resolve and I'm not sure of Shouraubh or Ratul sustaining success in international cricket at this point. That being said, I'm in favor of giving each of them a go sooner rather than later.
Shuvagoto Hom is 26. Still young.

But I think night_wolf was talking of players who are
19/20 years of age who has potential.
Old May 27, 2012, 05:13 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Shuvagoto Hom is 26. Still young.

But I think night_wolf was talking of players who are
19/20 years of age who has potential.
yeah i was talking about guys who have 15 years of cricket ahead of them, and i was talking about batting prospects since we are still yet to produce a consistent batsman, by consistent i mean not tamim like, like Shiv, not good looking but gets the job done.

i didn't considered any upcoming fast bowlers since i dont think any of them can do any significance..lets face it we are yet to produce another mash let alone a 5* fast bowler..and its something if a god gifted talent doesn't come out of the blues our system cant produce one.

i had high hopes of shuvogoto after sohel bhais good recommendation but since then he hasn't done anything significant
Old May 27, 2012, 05:49 AM
Cricket Savant

As a total outsider well outside the BKSP system but with tremendous ability and temperament, Shubhagauto did well enough during his debut series at the highest level whenever he batted.

Quote:
1. 32 run out (looked good until he was run out) with SR 88.88. Three 4s and the rest in 1s and 2s.

2. 35* with SR 87.50. Six 4s and the rest in 1s and 2s.

3. 3 caught (This was the only dismissal where he was at fault. He got bogged down, unable to rotate the strike because of very good bowling and fielding, and tried to break free with a risky shot over the ring. Mistimed it and got caught like the novice he is) with SR 30.0.

4. DNB (Is that a crime? Should Tamim be dropped for not playing BPL or IPL? Of course not! Why? Because he has ABILITY!!!)

No way in hell does this warrant dropping him once we put things in context.
International level players should be benched for failing at that level, not at our sub par domestics. Domestic performance, in light of its qualitative context, cannot be the sole criteria for selection at the highest level, and it isn't. It IS however an excuse to justify selection based on lobbying, nepotism and sectarianism. That being said, there is no excuse for not doing well in any match you play.

Last edited by Sohel; May 27, 2012 at 07:04 AM..
Old May 27, 2012, 06:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Of the three, Mominul is the only one who has performed at the higher levels (A team, Academy) which Anamul and Asif haven't been able to do yet. However, I think Anamul has come a long way in the last few months especially since the BPL. He was the only one who played regularly for his team and was entrusted with the most responsibility. That must've done his confidence a lot of good.
Old May 27, 2012, 06:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Anamul the ANimal for sure
Januar er moto khela shuru korle ei t20 te khobor ase-amon ki Pune bhoi pabe oke kinte
Old May 27, 2012, 07:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

i dont know any of them much, only saw in BPL, so wont say much.
but the one with the less quantity of "ego" or the most mishti cheley of the three has the brightest future.
shob chey nomro bhodro binoyi ebong senior der salam adab dey konta?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old May 27, 2012, 08:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

From watching all of them, you'd have to say its Anamul. I can say for sure that the guy can average a 40 in both forms of the game at one point of his career. His hand-eye coordination is just remarkable. His ability to get in to position before the ball is being bowled was great to watch. Too many times we've seen our batsmen have their feet planted at the crease and just wait for the ball being bowled and then play a shot. So it was great to see that Anamul has solid footwork which is crucial to success in the international level. With the troubles we're having at the top order, its been long overdue to give Anamul a run.

I like Mominul as well. He seems to be a left handed Mushy as mentioned before. He looks really compact and his hand-eye coordination is also very good. He's small but can really hit some big sixes. Also has multiple gears which makes him versatile. I have confidence that he'll be a solid player.

Unfortunately, I didn't see much of Asif but he looks like a good prospect as well. He has some good scores from U-19 and Academy level. It would've been great to see how he did at the A team level but thanks to Gazi Tank, he didn't get a chance.

Hom is also another impressive talent. I thought his hand-eye coordination was really impressive and his ability to rotate the strike from the word go was also great. That being said though, I think that one of his issues he has to work on is his tendency to overbalance and also his footwork. I didn't see enough foot movement from him which is important at the highest level. If he can sort those issues out, I can see him being a very good player.

Shabbir is another prospect that looks really good. As Sohel bhai said before, he has issues with his temperament still so he probably needs a little more time before he's brought in but he's definitely guy we should keep an eye on.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old May 27, 2012, 08:09 AM
Cricket Savant

^Excellent post.
Old May 27, 2012, 08:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
^Excellent post.
Thanks Sohel bhai. That means a lot coming from you.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old May 27, 2012, 08:35 AM
Cricket Legend

I thought this cats-eye guy here (playing with Naeem) would be a future prospect, he got aggression, he looks dangerous too in the middle, what happened to him?

Old May 27, 2012, 09:19 AM
Cricket Legend

^ That's Sabbir Rahman.
Old May 27, 2012, 10:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Enjoyed the video
Old May 27, 2012, 12:36 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Obviously Anamul is at the top, but with proper guidance and training there are couple of players who has a lot of potential and can shine in future. And these are not youngstars, but have been playing Domestic cricket for quite a while and waiting for a debut.

First one is Farhad Hossain. Great batsman for longer version and can bowl a bit too. Bangladesh needs consistent top order test batsman and Farhad has a lot of experience playing for Rajshahi. I am sure, under the guidance of an international level coaching staff, this player will only improve.

Second: Saqlain Sajib.... Not that Bangladesh needs any more spinners but this guy could be a great backup. With 176 wickets under his belt with only 36 matches, he is a proven performer.

Alauddin Babu is also a great prospect. He can bat well and he is a handy bowler. Usually Bangladesh cant play 3 pacers but Alauddin can play as a perfect seam allrounder specially for the shorter version