facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 16, 2005, 05:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Default Will ICC ?

The answer is NO, before I further express the concern of second-tier test playing proposal from ICC which was in high hopes as BD team showed there paltry capacities in taking a match to the end of the timeline. Look at the performance from WI in Srilanka. The funny thing about cricinfo.com is that they are imposing it as a West Indian triumph and victory for their second-level national team whereas when it came to the question of Zimbabwe they were pretty determined to force ICC to do something about it. So if you are an older nation with super successes, then if you play your third or fourth level team as your national one and go through humiliation you still retain the cap of success but if you are somewhat newer in cricket arena then the story is different. So my question was will ICC decide to axe WI from the first tier after this performance in Srilanka (unfortunately no such analysts questioned the validity of this test match whereas luckily a BD_ENG test match was questioned by a number of sports researchers!). Off course Dalmia will say NO. Even WI again persihes in this WC to (Mighty!#&^%@#^$%) IRELAND. Which is not so unlikely....although I hope not.

Old July 16, 2005, 06:27 PM
First Class Cricketer

Still West Indian is not that weak to compare with Zim or Bangladesh. Didn't you see they scored more run than Srilanka in their first innings and they only collupsed in second innings. However, srilanka lost 4 wickets to reach that winning score. And what about Bangladesh did against England. How many times they all out England (really funny)? So West Indian is
still far better side than Bangladesh and Zim.
Old July 16, 2005, 07:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Its getting interesting now...imagine this WI team in English condition against ENgland!! Srilanka Test team is nowhere near to England team.
Old July 16, 2005, 11:22 PM
Test Cricketer

i think our team can give west indies a run for their money. specially in our country. i wouldnt be surprised if we end up winning odi series. winning test series maybe little harder but i think it is very possible.
Old July 17, 2005, 01:38 AM
First Class Cricketer

r56hg....we also scored more runs than many teams in the first innings.
Old July 17, 2005, 03:05 AM
Test Cricketer

I would now like to see WI play in England in this summer conditions..

Lets see with the present team they have(with out lara)

How WI would do?

Would they do bad than us or little bit better than us.

In bowling, ofcourse they would do better than us. Their pacers Powell, Lawson, Best would do better than our pacers. May be Mash would be an exception

In batting, i dont expect them to do will like how we did in the 2nd innings of 2nd test....