facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 21, 2006, 12:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Is the cartoonist dead?

Quote:
Breaking news: The artist who drew the picture of our beloved prophet HAZRAT MUHAMMAD (SAW) has died in a fire. He was burnt alive. DENMARK's govt is hiding the new from the public. Please forward this message. It's punishment from ALLAH for insulting his prophet
I've just recevied this e-mail and apperantly may other muslims have also recived this as well. Now i tired news.google.com but found nothing but in the email it says Denmarks gov't is hiding this. Is there any validity to this?

Old June 21, 2006, 12:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

for all you know this could be spam. You cannot possibly suppress a news like this and it is bound to get out some way or the other and make it into a newspaper. Since you got nothing searching google I would think this is spam. Chain emails say a lot of stuff and 99.99% of them are all crap.
Old June 21, 2006, 12:22 PM
Club Cricketer

This popping up in forums and through emails all over, but seems to be BS. Nothing out on the ether on this.
Old June 21, 2006, 12:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubiquitous
This popping up in forums and through emails all over, but seems to be BS. Nothing out on the ether on this.
out of topic but bhai apni ki SAT exams dichchen shamne ? I remember this word "ubiquitous" along with 2999 more when I was preparing for my SAT's and since I dont usually hear people use this word in everyday life I thought maybe you are preparing for the SAT's ar notun word shikchen eijonno user name e diye dilen. Just a thought.
Old June 21, 2006, 12:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
The report is from a Saudi newspaper that published an article saying that one of the cartoonists who published the satirical cartoons of Mohammad, which can be found on this site, along with an in-depth article explaining them, here, was burned alive when a fire broke out in his bedroom. The article attributed the fire to divine retribution. The article also said that the Danish government is trying to cover up the death.

A Pakistani paper then ran an article (here) quoting the Saudi paper, and the rumor has spread around the world, mostly the Muslim world, via text messages.

The article does identify one of the cartoonists as Jens Julius. It also falsely identifies the editor of the Jyllands Posten, the paper that started the brouhaha by publishing the images, as Eliot Black. But Black is not the editor in question. Instead, he is a computer science major major at Cornell University who published the cartoons on his website. The actual editor is Fleming Rose, described below.

I am happy to report that, according to Robert Spencer, this article is a product of the Saudi writer's imagination. There was no such fire. The cartoonist, actually all 12 of the cartoonists, are alive, although they are all in hiding.
http://robertlindsay.blogspot.com/20...rnt-alive.html guess he's alive

here's the article that started all of this,
Old June 21, 2006, 02:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Jhorey Bok Moorey ar Fokerer Keramoti Barey...

People doesn't always pays for their sins in their life time.... thats why we have judgement day.
Old June 22, 2006, 12:05 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyar
out of topic but bhai apni ki SAT exams dichchen shamne ? I remember this word "ubiquitous" along with 2999 more when I was preparing for my SAT's and since I dont usually hear people use this word in everyday life I thought maybe you are preparing for the SAT's ar notun word shikchen eijonno user name e diye dilen. Just a thought.

haha na bhai, SAT ami disi choi bochor age. forum-er jonno bibhinno nick try korchilam, and after trying about 15 including a variation on my baper deya naam, eta use korlam almost out of frustration. tarpor mile gelo. not my favourite nick, kintu ki korar...
Old June 22, 2006, 12:15 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
http://robertlindsay.blogspot.com/20...rnt-alive.html guess he's alive

here's the article that started all of this,
I wonder why they who make up such stories have to resort to such lies and deception. Is their iman really that weak?
Old June 22, 2006, 04:21 AM
Cricket Legend

As stupid as the emails which claim Pepsi have pigs blood in it as a "conspiracy" against muslims
Old June 22, 2006, 12:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

Obviously another spam!!!
Old June 25, 2006, 01:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

morle morse...ato falafali ki ase ei khanay......he will sure go to hell if he is dead/dies....
Old June 25, 2006, 01:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
A Pakistani paper then ran an article (here) quoting the Saudi paper, and the rumor has spread around the world, mostly the Muslim world, via text messages.
The speaker at my local mosque blared this news through the speaker system last Friday, he said he got it via text msg too. And now all those people think he is dead...

Btw, who is Robert Lindsay?