facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 28, 2008, 02:13 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Alok, Tushar and Talha

Alok, Tushar and Talha should have been included at least for A team.
Team selection for A team was awful. By including National team player in England tour of A team, selectors once again kept their old strategy, they are only interested in whatever the next series is.

Or is it due to their so called policy of sticking with 20-30 players until next worldcup. Zunaed should have been included in england tour as well.

Last time we sent National team members with A team in foreign tour resulted in below par performance from the national team members from that tour.

Cheif selector gave reason for not including Alok was that "Alok didnot play any match after 20/20". If he was not included in the team how he was supposed to play. So during the Australia tour will Shakib be dropped since he is missing this two serieses and if he misses english tour for whatever reason as well?

Talha Zubair plyed well in domestic league for Abahani. whats the reward of his performance?? Was he not considered one of the best from the days mashrafee came along. Mash and Talha were two players Andy Roberts were most impressed with. True when included at yonger age he faltered with his line and length. Now after improving on that matter as well, he is still ignored? why? What was the performance of Nazmul? Was it better than Talha? NO.

And what about Tushar Imran? Or Akram and Durjoy both pissed at Tushar since he was taken to the team first time ahead of Akram and Durjoy? One good reason of not including him in the A team. When he has been playing consistently well under A team banner.

If performance of last tour is an indicator to be added in the team for next tour, SO should be for A team and all other team.

Old May 28, 2008, 02:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

http://www.shamokal.com/details.php?nid=94895
Old May 28, 2008, 02:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Last time we sent National team members with A team in foreign tour resulted in below par performance from the national team members from that tour.

Good observation.

This time also will be the same. They don't care to perform. they have no incentive for performing and no penalty for not performing.

Where as a genuine A team player will try his best to perform better and make it to the next level.

It's a demotivating factor for anyone, to have a demotion to learn better. He neither can adjust with the team. The whole team strugles to play as a unit, because of brocken links.
Old May 28, 2008, 02:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafizraju
Alok, Tushar and Talha should have been included at least for A team.[/B]
Last time I checked, I saw Alok in both A-team Squads. I guess you have to read the names again.

Talha & Tushar not in any of the squads thats true.

As for National players in the A-team squad, I think it was a good idea. We are going to play a number of FC matches in England soil. SO its better to send some of our young National players to get more experiences in playing FC matches. Tamim, Junaid, Mushy, and other young National players played very few FC matches. SO don't you think they should be in the A-team tour where they will be able to experience more FC matches??

Tushar Imran A-team er sathe valo kore but National team e giye anda mare.. So laab ki taake A-team e kheliye?

Talha er bepar ta alada. O shob shomoye valo kore but take shob shomoyee omitted hote hoi..
Old May 28, 2008, 03:46 PM
Cricket Guru

mafizraju, before starting this whining thread, you should have checked the facts first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafizraju
Alok, Tushar and Talha should have been included at least for A team.
Alok is in the team, looks like you did not pay much attention who is in and who is out of the squad.
Quote:
Zunaed should have been included in england tour as well.
And he is there too.
Quote:
If I remember correctly, last time we did that was during A-team tour to England in 2005. Shahriar Nafees, Tushar Imran, Nafees Iqbal, Talha Jubair, Shahadat Hossain, and Enamul Haque Jr were the national team players who had also played for that team. Shahriar, Tushar, and Shahadat had done well in that tour; N Iqbal, Talha, and Enamul sucked. Then again, N Iqbal, Talha, and Enamul sucked for national team too, both prior to and after that A-team tour.

Tour page from cricket archive - http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archiv...land_2005.html
Quote:
Talha Zubair plyed well in domestic league for Abahani. whats the reward of his performance?? Was he not considered one of the best from the days mashrafee came along. Mash and Talha were two players Andy Roberts were most impressed with. True when included at yonger age he faltered with his line and length. Now after improving on that matter as well, he is still ignored? why? What was the performance of Nazmul? Was it better than Talha? NO.
You got it wrong again, Nazmul's overall performance in the league was slightly better than Talha's.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...3&d=1211472474

More importantly, Nazmul's 4 wickets haul (including the wickets of Tamim and Pakistani Nasir Jamshed, who were comfortably spanking Talha and Zia before Nazmul came to bowl) in the crucial super league match against Biman helped Abahani lift the title.

http://tigercricket.com/Score.aspx?matchid=877

I can't recall any such perfomance from Talha in a crucial match.

Last edited by Eshen; May 28, 2008 at 06:38 PM..
Old May 28, 2008, 04:10 PM
Cricket Guru

BTW, I agree that Tushar has been treated badly by the selectors. Not only he had done well in previous A-team tours, he has done well in last NCL too.

Just a guess - may be Siddons has written him off based on what he saw of Tushar during NZ tour, thus selectors did not bother to call him back for the A-team tour.
Old May 28, 2008, 04:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

talha already said that he will quite cricket..........afsos......... valo kheilao jodi dam na pawa jai tahole talhar ki ba korar ache......
Old May 28, 2008, 04:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnaved
talha already said that he will quite cricket.........
When did he say that ? Can you please provide the link for the news ?
Old May 28, 2008, 04:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
talha already said that he will quite cricket..........afsos......... valo kheilao jodi dam na pawa jai tahole talhar ki ba korar ache......
last few days I was absent from BC. Can you direct me to where he said that? I had high hopes for him. Thanks.
Old May 28, 2008, 04:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Ok, got the link - http://www.shamokal.com/details.php?nid=94895

Talha's family is pushing him to quit cricket. Tushar is also considering to quit cricket. Unfortunate for them, but I think they were foolish to think a decent domestic season would make them auto choices for the national/A-team. I would be sympathetic to them if they had said this kind of stuff after two-three consequtive good seasons.
Old May 28, 2008, 05:07 PM
Cricket Guru

BTW, I was under the impression that players of Talha's category made Tk 4-6 lacks this domestic season (NCL and DPL together), is not that a good enough income in Bangladesh anymore ? Is Talha's family that rich that they want him to throw away this kind of earning ?
Old May 28, 2008, 10:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Talha ? Yes.

Alok ? Just A Team for now, PLEASE.

Tushar ? Please wake up OR watch him bat.

W-A-T-C-H.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old May 29, 2008, 12:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

No comments on this thread.... the thread starter was too random lol
Old May 29, 2008, 03:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Hmm, Sad indeed. Talha is only 23, he still has a lot to offer. And around Tk. 5 lakh for a 23 year old in Bangladesh is a lot. But I do understand it is frustrating for him. I think the selectors have mistreated Alok, Dhiman and Talha. They have really made a mess of the squads. As for Tushar I dont really care what he does I dont this he has anymore to offer to Bangladesh, but if he leaves it will dent the quality of domestic cricket in Bangladesh. Anyway, good to see Dolar is gelling well with the team, didnt know he is from Norail as well.
Old May 29, 2008, 04:26 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

I have never seen Talha bowling? Any clips of this speedster?
Old May 29, 2008, 06:04 AM
Cricket Guru

naawwww Talha going to quit!?! That's sad, he is actually a really good bowler.
just as someone mentioned, he is still young and has a lot to offer.

As for Tushar and Alok.. well, ummm....I don't see a bright future for them.
Old May 29, 2008, 06:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
I have never seen Talha bowling? Any clips of this speedster?
Here you go -

Old May 29, 2008, 08:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

If you ask me, I think he is just bluffing. Using the media to put some sort of pressure on the selectors is nothing new in the sports world. However, Talha is one or two injury away from making the team, I believe.
Old May 29, 2008, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Unless Talha's improved miraculously over the past couple of years, he is as good as ordinary. So is Nazmul.
Old May 30, 2008, 02:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Unless Talha's improved miraculously over the past couple of years, he is as good as ordinary. So is Nazmul.
Matches with my impression of Talha.
Old May 30, 2008, 09:56 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

....I know where this thread is heading to....

...bring back the beef.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]