facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 10, 2008, 01:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib
Default What will happen to us???

Hey everyone, I just saw the score of the third Test match between South Africa and West Indies, and I must say I'm a little concerned about our series against South Africa.

West Indies are not in great form and they have a few injured players. But they were annihilated in day one of the match as they were bowled out for 139 in less than 35 overs. On top of that, South Africa added 213 runs in 43 overs for the loss of only one wicket.

Now I'm worried for the Test series because South Africa has some talented and intelligent pace bowlers who know how to bowl line and length and mix in the short balls with them as well. They also have some great batsmen as well.

I know the conditions in South Africa are different than the pitch conditions that will be in Bangladesh, but with a pace attack Steyn, Pollock, Ntini, Nel and Kallis, it may be very difficult to score against them. With many of our current Test batsmen struggling and South Africa taking their game to another level after their shock loss in the first Test match against the West Indies, our chances of succeeding in our Test series against South Africa seem bleak.

I'm still not losing hope, becaue if the pitch curator keeps a dead pitch for the fast bowlers, maybe we can bat first and put up a fight, but it will be tough. What do you guys think will happen in the Test series?

Old January 10, 2008, 01:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Spin will happen to them. A lot of it. The dead nature of the pitch will do away at least some of the bite force applied by Steyn ( bowler of the year for me ) and one of Nel or Pollock won't play. I would take my chances against Harris. That said, I have no idea how we can get Kallis out below 100 in every innings!
Old January 10, 2008, 01:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

As time pass we evolve. In 2007, I targeted one game and one game only. March 17, 2007. In 2008, I target the entire series against SA at home. The first game will be crucial. If we win that one, we will win both series. The rest, result wise I care little less.

This knowing what Kallis did to kaneria and co.
Old January 10, 2008, 01:51 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Well, our spinners will demolish all thier batting lineup once in for all, the Afrikaans will be so shocked and horrified when they go on the pitch to face us, they will literally shiver, and thier nerves will shutter very fast when they see the likes of Razzak or Rafique or Enamul or even Mashrafe. Pollock and Ntini will cry when they face the likes of Tamim or Ashraful or someone who is playing good, Harris will run away back to SA hahahaha.....
Old January 10, 2008, 01:53 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Champa Chakma

wil start throwing bricks in the mid game.. just like we did to shoaib akhter's head
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...25/ai_n9669775

Last edited by Tiger Bhai; January 10, 2008 at 02:04 PM..
Old January 10, 2008, 01:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

agey nz ey ki hoy dekhen tar por SA nea chinta kora jabey
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old January 10, 2008, 02:04 PM
Cricket Legend

I agree with the spin option, as many of the South Africans struggle with quality spin. But the problem is Kallis, he's a world class Test batsman and he doesn't get out cheaply. If we can get Kallis out early along with Graeme Smith and Gibbs we have a chance to do well, if not, we're in fine trouble.
Old January 10, 2008, 02:09 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I think we will see Paul Adams again with his frog in a box bowling. That killed us last time.

Paul Kuddus, where are you!!!
Old January 10, 2008, 02:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_omar
I agree with the spin option, as many of the South Africans struggle with quality spin. But the problem is Kallis, he's a world class Test batsman and he doesn't get out cheaply. If we can get Kallis out early along with Graeme Smith and Gibbs we have a chance to do well, if not, we're in fine trouble.
we have rassell for him. don't worry SA will lose at least one match.
Old January 10, 2008, 02:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Syed Rasel to Graem Smith .... OUT... that was a super duper low slow in cutter by the bowler... graeme smith looks injured, probably waist/hip region cuz he had to bend that low....and Gibbs is giving instruction to the new batsman by gesturing him to lie on the pitch.....
Old January 10, 2008, 02:34 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

After we get out Grame Smith, Gibbs, and Khallis we have to worry about AB.
Old January 10, 2008, 03:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Will Rasel be ready to go for the South Africa series? I thought his injury was supposed to keep him out for 2 months. But it's great news if he's healthy.
Old January 10, 2008, 03:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Rasel has more than enough time to get fit before the SA series/
Old January 10, 2008, 04:08 PM
Cricket Legend

THE QUESTION IS

NOT what will happen to us

BUT what will happen to them

Bangladesh 248/8 Mohammad Rafique 2* (4b) A Nel 9.1-1-42-5
5.4 Syed Rasel to Smith, OUT, That's the mistake they were waiting for. Smith backs away from his stumps, Rasel keeps it straight on off. Smith realises he has gone too far outside off and tries to glide it to third man but misses and loses his off stump. Rasel is ecstatic. This is a big one for Bangladesh and do they know it
GC Smith b Syed Rasel 12 (26m 24b 1x4 0x6) SR: 50.00

South Africa 18/1 AB de Villiers 5* (10b) Syed Rasel 2.4-0-7-1
15.4 Syed Rasel to Kallis, OUT, Big wicket. Kallis falls. Lands on a length, goes with the angle, on the off and middle stump line, Kallis tries to heave it away, over the bowler, ends up dragging it towards mid-on. A dolly of a catch and Bangladeshi fielders erupt in joy. Rasel pumps his fist, Rahim runs towards him. The tigers are beginning to roar.
JH Kallis c Tamim Iqbal b Syed Rasel 32 (41m 36b 5x4 0x6) SR: 88.88

South Africa 63/2 AB de Villiers 15* (34b 1x4) Syed Rasel 7.4-0-31-2
16.5 Abdur Razzak to de Villiers, OUT, Razzak strikes with a lovely change of pace delivery. Slow through the air, lands on a length on the middle stump line and goes on straight with the arm. de Villiers is beaten by the lack of pace, then tries to cut it to thirdman and is beaten by the arm-ball. The middle stump is pegged back. Razzaq is ecstatic, Rahim ... well.... is over the moon. All the fielders converge. Bangladesh are on top here. England and West Indies will be extremely interested in this one.
AB de Villiers b Abdur Razzak 15 (73m 39b 1x4 0x6) SR: 38.46

South Africa 64/3 JM Kemp 0* (2b) Abdur Razzak 2.5-0-7-1
19.5 Mohammad Rafique to Prince, OUT, Bangladesh tighten the screws further. They are climbing all over SA. Slow through the air, outside off stump, Prince tries to drive through the off side, is beaten in the flight, gets a inside-edge between mid-on and midwicket. Aftab swoops in from midwicket, throws the ball to Rafique who whips the bails off. Prince is short of the crease. They refer it upstairs. Out. Whatmore is delighted. He is seen clapping in the pavilion.
AG Prince run out 1 (11m 7b 0x4 0x6) SR: 14.28

South Africa 67/4 JM Kemp 2* (13b) Mohammad Rafique 1.5-1-1-0
26.4 Shakib Al Hasan to Boucher, OUT, but not this time! Boucher goes! Again he shimmies down the track, again the bowler smartly fires it a little wider, he's not to the pitch of it but goes through with an attempted chip over the infield, gets under it, and ends up scooping it tamely down long-off's throat! Bangladesh on fire!
MV Boucher c Syed Rasel b Shakib Al Hasan 12 (19m 26b 0x4 1x6) SR: 46.15

South Africa 87/5 JM Kemp 7* (28b) Shakib Al Hasan 2.4-0-11-1
26.5 Shakib Al Hasan to Kemp, OUT, gone! Saqibul! Wow! Fires it in on middle and leg, the ball doesnt come onto the bat at all, Kemp loosely drives back down the track, leaden-footed, and Saqibul moves quickly to his right and pouches it, getting into a tangle with Prince, running for Gibbs, at the other end, but he's got two in two! South Africa in dire straits! What a game, this cricket!
JM Kemp c & b Shakib Al Hasan 7 (40m 29b 0x4 0x6) SR: 24.13

South Africa 87/6 HH Gibbs 0* (0b) Shakib Al Hasan 2.5-0-11-2
35.5 Mashrafe Mortaza to Pollock, OUT, Nailed 'em. Driven to mid-off and takes off for a single. And there he is ... Tamim Iqbal swoops down on the ball, picks up in one motion and lets rip a cracker of a direct hit. Pollock struggles to make his ground and is just short of his crease. It's referred upstairs and he's a goner. This appeared to be a promising partnership developing but one direct hit can change it all. Bangladesh, Bangladesh ... the chants go around the stadium
SM Pollock run out 17 (32m 23b 0x4 0x6) SR: 73.91

South Africa 132/7 HH Gibbs 28* (31b 1x4 1x6) Mashrafe Mortaza 7.5-0-30-0
37.3 Mohammad Rafique to Nel, OUT, Classical left-arm spinner dismissal that. Flight and loop, unlike the quicker ones that preceeded it. Nel tries to push it back again but is beaten by the flight and only manages to tamely pop it back to the bowler. Rafique is waiting and plucks off a good low catch, throws the ball up in celebration and is mobbed by his team-mates. Rafique da, that old warhorse, knows a thing or two about this game, it seems
A Nel c & b Mohammad Rafique 1 (4m 5b 0x4 0x6) SR: 20.00

South Africa 137/8 HH Gibbs 32* (36b 1x4 1x6) Mohammad Rafique 7.3-1-17-1
46.1 Abdur Razzak to Langeveldt, OUT, And then they were one. Plumb. Landed on the middle stump line, went straight on, the bat came outside the line and the ball thudded into the back pad. In front of middle. Bangladesh inch closer to a famous win.
CK Langeveldt lbw b Abdur Razzak 9 (28m 32b 0x4 0x6) SR: 28.12

South Africa 162/9 HH Gibbs 48* (56b 1x4 1x6) Abdur Razzak 8.1-1-17-2
48.4 Abdur Razzak to Ntini, OUT, Another famous win for Bangladesh. The players hug each other. This is definitely bigger than the win against India. SA were ranked no 1. No longer though. Now they slip to the second position. Tossed-up on the stumps, Ntini tries to flick it to the on side, gets a leading edge which balloons over cover. Mortaza runs back and takes it. The players mob each other. Stumps are grabbed as souvenirs. The show has just begun for Bangladesh. The celebrations will go long in the night in Dhaka and other parts of Bangladesh. They have a devoted contigent who live outside the country. This will be a special moment to all of them.

This is Sriram Veera, signing off for Cricinfo. Good bye and good luck.
M Ntini c Mashrafe Mortaza b Abdur Razzak 8 (10m 11b 1x4 0x6) SR: 72.72

Last edited by Nafi; January 10, 2008 at 04:17 PM..
Old January 10, 2008, 04:39 PM
Cricket Legend

The past ODI wina nd its result wouldn't matter. Facing SA in SA is a big task really. It is like facing Australia in Australia. No one expects anything less than a tough tour but i hope players are up for it. Self-belief would be the key. Or else, to quote some members "Allah Bachaisey".
Old January 10, 2008, 04:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra
The past ODI wina nd its result wouldn't matter. Facing SA in SA is a big task really. It is like facing Australia in Australia. No one expects anything less than a tough tour but i hope players are up for it. Self-belief would be the key. Or else, to quote some members "Allah Bachaisey".
This is a Home series, thats why I brought up the past ODI up.
Old January 10, 2008, 04:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Nafi,

My bad. I assumed it's an away series in SA
Old January 10, 2008, 04:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
But we're not facing South Afrira in SA, we're facing them in Bangladesh.
Old January 10, 2008, 05:01 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

BD bowlers are yet get Kallis OUT in tests! Lets see if that happens this time.
Old January 10, 2008, 05:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

we can't do any worse than loosing 10 wickets for 90 or letting them win with 44 overs to spare
Old January 10, 2008, 05:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Nafi,

My bad. I assumed it's an away series in SA
we are playing at home and the word is Gayana is lending us their pitch for a month or two...
Old January 10, 2008, 05:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Play two spinners plus Alok. SA as good as dead meat.
Old January 10, 2008, 06:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Play two spinners plus Alok. SA as good as dead meat.
Kapali will be an excellent pick for the next series , hopefully this time he stays...for good!
Old January 10, 2008, 06:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

dont worry....we gonna whitewash them...
Old January 10, 2008, 11:46 PM
Cricket Legend

All these positive messages has got me feeling better and excited about the series already. Now let's hope that our players won't dissapoint, and I'm not holding my breath on it.