facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 21, 2010, 12:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara
Default Bangladesh Military

could not find a thread to post this article, so created this one. mods please merge it if there is a better thread.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/110012...y_12010187.jsp

IAF offers Dhaka facilities
SUJAN DUTTA
Bangladesh President Zillur Rahman with Air Chief Marshal Pradeep Vasant Naik in Dhaka

New Delhi, Jan. 20: The Indian Air Force is offering the Bangladesh Biman Bahini (Bangladesh air force) the use of its facilities to modernise and maintain fighter aircraft and helicopters, a senior defence source told The Telegraph here.

In reaching out to Dhaka with an offer to help upgrade its air fleet, New Delhi is stepping into an area in which Bangladesh has been dependent mainly on China and, to a limited extent, on Pakistan, Russia and the US.

Air Chief Marshal Pradeep Vasant Naik, currently in Dhaka on a week’s visit that began on Saturday, offered the use of Indian Air Force facilities in meetings with the chief of the Bangladesh Biman Bahini, Air Marshal S.M. Ziaur Rehman.

The IAF is understood to have offered to liaise with defence public sector company Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Bangalore, to help modernise Bangladesh’s MiG-29 aircraft and Mi-17 helicopters. The IAF flies and has upgraded the two aircraft for its own fleet. HAL is engaged in upgrading India’s own MiG-29s.

This is the first visit by an Indian Air Force chief to Bangladesh in more than five years. The last such visit was in 2004. But the Bangla air chief was here in April 2009.

Military-to-military relations with Bangladesh have been resuscitated since the visit by the Bangladesh army chief in February 2008.

An IAF source pointed out that while Bangladesh had mostly Chinese and some American-origin aircraft, it also had a squadron of MiG-29aircraft.

Nearly 70 per cent of Bangladesh’s flying fleet is aged, with the fighter aircraft being 20 years old or even more than that. Bangladesh has taken help from China and Pakistan for its A-5 and A-7 Chinese-origin aircraft.

But the Indian Air Force has said that the facilities for its Mi-17 helicopters (the IAF flies the transport helicopter in large numbers), the MiG-29 and the Antonov 32 could be spared for Bangladesh’s limited air force. Bangladesh flies three AN 32s and 14 Mi-17s.

In Dhaka, Air Chief Marshal Naik has met President Zillur Rahman and was scheduled to meet Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday. He has also met the three chiefs of the armed forces.

“The main focus of the visit will be on improving bilateral relations, promoting defence ties, outlining further areas of defence co-operation between the two countries and resolving pending issues through dialogue and understanding,” the air force source said.

Old January 21, 2010, 12:41 PM
Cricket Legend

yhhh....i read the news aswell...its quite impressive...we really need to by some fighter jets
Old January 21, 2010, 03:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
yhhh....i read the news aswell...its quite impressive...we really need to by some fighter jets
why? We dont need to waste our money. We better invest money on removing poverty.
Old January 21, 2010, 04:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

I don't support any defence agreements or treaties with India at least until the BSF thugs stop murdering innocent Bangladeshis.
Old January 21, 2010, 05:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
I don't support any defence agreements or treaties with India at least until the BSF thugs stop murdering innocent Bangladeshis.
ever been to the border hot spots ?
Old January 22, 2010, 11:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi_mc69
why? We dont need to waste our money. We better invest money on removing poverty.
either way...they still would not be able to improve reducing poverty
Old January 22, 2010, 05:58 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain

Whats the catch ?
Old January 22, 2010, 06:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashed411
Whats the catch ?
ya whats the catch?
Old January 22, 2010, 06:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
either way...they still would not be able to improve reducing poverty
You dont really improve by buying fighter jets (violence) do you?? I agree with both Rafi bro and Equinox bro.. no treaty unless they really stop.. And we shouldnt waste money building up a military, because we cant just afford it, our military is good, they are respoinsible and great people, but we just cant afford to give them very expensive/good training or equipment.. And we dont have nuclears or other WMD's.. We all know that if US wants, they can take over us in no time.. So whats the point of wasting soo much money on the military?? Just educate the people with that money and make them better people, smarter and hard working.. That will do us some ACTUAL good..
Old January 22, 2010, 07:52 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I'm all for modernising our military because they are the guardians of our sovereignty. But I can't help but feel this is just the cover for more plans to sell us junk that we don't need and Hasina and the BAAL party will no doubt comply to this "offer" from India.
Old January 22, 2010, 08:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraf-FTP
You dont really improve by buying fighter jets (violence) do you?? I agree with both Rafi bro and Equinox bro.. no treaty unless they really stop.. And we shouldnt waste money building up a military, because we cant just afford it, our military is good, they are respoinsible and great people, but we just cant afford to give them very expensive/good training or equipment.. And we dont have nuclears or other WMD's.. We all know that if US wants, they can take over us in no time.. So whats the point of wasting soo much money on the military?? Just educate the people with that money and make them better people, smarter and hard working.. That will do us some ACTUAL good..
agree. This is what I would do if I had control over Bangladesh....
1. Raise taxes, I believe the current is 15%, so I would make it 25% (the gov. needs a good income, otherwise it would take too long to improve the country)
2. Use some of that money to buy A LOT of land.
3. Build big apartments with small rooms for the homeless and ones living in a slum, in the land that was bought.
4. Raise taxes again this time to 30%
5. Build factories,offices,garages,schools,etc. in the remaining land. (this would make a lot of jobs and improve the literacy rate)
6. Slowly buy new,modern weapons and get nuclear bombs if possible for the military. (with 30% tax rate, I'm guessing it will take abt 3-5 years)
7. Upgrade to solar panels
8. Do a car trade-in system that Obama did where if the car pollutes a lot u can trade for another car that pollutes less and then recycle those old cars and make good use of them.
9. Fix the minor problems.

My guess is that this will take abt 7-12 years to do. If the government does this, then I strongly believe that we will be a great nation one day. I also know the people will be furious with me abt the high tax rate but it's for the greater good
Old January 22, 2010, 08:54 PM
Administrator

#6 - why?
Old January 22, 2010, 08:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
#6 - why?
we need to have a good military. Example:
We have a conflict with Myanmar and they attack us, we lose the war and all those infractures will be a waste of money. U see what I mean?
Old January 22, 2010, 09:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsash
agree. This is what I would do if I had control over Bangladesh....
1. Raise taxes, I believe the current is 15%, so I would make it 25% (the gov. needs a good income, otherwise it would take too long to improve the country)
2. Use some of that money to buy A LOT of land.
3. Build big apartments with small rooms for the homeless and ones living in a slum, in the land that was bought.
4. Raise taxes again this time to 30%
5. Build factories,offices,garages,schools,etc. in the remaining land. (this would make a lot of jobs and improve the literacy rate)
6. Slowly buy new,modern weapons and get nuclear bombs if possible for the military. (with 30% tax rate, I'm guessing it will take abt 3-5 years)
7. Upgrade to solar panels
8. Do a car trade-in system that Obama did where if the car pollutes a lot u can trade for another car that pollutes less and then recycle those old cars and make good use of them.
9. Fix the minor problems.

My guess is that this will take abt 7-12 years to do. If the government does this, then I strongly believe that we will be a great nation one day. I also know the people will be furious with me abt the high tax rate but it's for the greater good

well ok,
1. first, Increase taxes?? Im not sure if you know, but 85% people in BD dont pay taxes , something has to be done about that first, if they all start paying, the governments income will be good..

2. Buy land?? from where?? other countries is just too costly, if you mean from people, there is already a lot of land thats being used by the stupid ministers and their family without consent from the gov.. If the are removed from governments land, there will be more than enough land for whatever you want to do..

3. Same thing, just kick those people out and regain control of the current government lands.

4. I think raising the taxes too much will bring a very bad reaction from the people, 15% is good enough, there are a lot of people in our country

5. I agree.. Also more than building new schools, i have to say we really have to increase the standard of studies in the public schools and reduce corruption in them to compete with the private schools..

6. Now, this is what i disagree with the most.. Whats the point of liking soo much violence?? You want nuclear?? WTF?? creating nuclear is just dumb, waste of money and against the current "treaties".. creating nuclear bombs has just brought hatred from other countries to countries like NK and Iran.. Modernizing the Military with better training is very important though..

7. This is my favourite.. But the way things are abused in BD (gas, electricity), its going to be real tough.. So before that, you would have to raise awareness about wasting these important resources and if needed, increase the rates..

8. Cars are not really a problem in BD yet.. The main problem in BD roadways is too much rickshaws, need to replace that with something better really.. And also reduce their numbers..

9. whichever ones you can get

I wonder why i wrote this.. Mehh, had nothing to do only if anyone from BAAL read this..
Old January 22, 2010, 09:06 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain

Quote:
We have a conflict with Myanmar and they attack us, we lose the war and all those infractures will be a waste of money. U see what I mean?
lol lets impeach Hasina...and SBSASH FOR PRESIDENT!!!
Old January 22, 2010, 09:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Why do we need nukes? Do you intend to use them?
Old January 22, 2010, 09:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
well ok,
1. first, Increase taxes?? Im not sure if you know, but 85% people in BD dont pay taxes , something has to be done about that first, if they all start paying, the governments income will be good..

2. Buy land?? from where?? other countries is just too costly, if you mean from people, there is already a lot of land thats being used by the stupid ministers and their family without consent from the gov.. If the are removed from governments land, there will be more than enough land for whatever you want to do..

3. Same thing, just kick those people out and regain control of the current government lands.

4. I think raising the taxes too much will bring a very bad reaction from the people, 15% is good enough, there are a lot of people in our country

5. I agree.. Also more than building new schools, i have to say we really have to increase the standard of studies in the public schools and reduce corruption in them to compete with the private schools..

6. Now, this is what i disagree with the most.. Whats the point of liking soo much violence?? You want nuclear?? WTF?? creating nuclear is just dumb, waste of money and against the current "treaties".. creating nuclear bombs has just brought hatred from other countries to countries like NK and Iran.. Modernizing the Military with better training is very important though..

7. This is my favourite.. But the way things are abused in BD (gas, electricity), its going to be real tough.. So before that, you would have to raise awareness about wasting these important resources and if needed, increase the rates..

8. Cars are not really a problem in BD yet.. The main problem in BD roadways is too much rickshaws, need to replace that with something better really.. And also reduce their numbers..

9. whichever ones you can get

I wonder why i wrote this.. Mehh, had nothing to do only if anyone from BAAL read this..
1. Make a law that states that everyone must pay taxes otherwise they go to jail (except the ones that can't afford)

2. I can't do that coz its going against the constitution rule of property right or whatever

6. Who cares what others think abt u....Nuclear weapons coz if sm1 tries to wipe us off the map, then we will be able to do the same. U never know who u can trust!
Old January 22, 2010, 09:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Why do we need nukes? Do you intend to use them?
please look at the last post.
Cricket Legend

Quote:
1. Make a law that states that everyone must pay taxes otherwise they go to jail (except the ones that can't afford)

2. I can't do that coz its going against the constitution rule of property right or whatever

6. Who cares what others think abt u....Nuclear weapons coz if sm1 tries to wipe us off the map, then we will be able to do the same. U never know who u can trust!
1. Then i bet you right now, atleast 50% people will be in jail, which would just paralyze the country (coz noone wants to pay taxes )

2. Yes you can, Cause the government has the right over tha land, and if they have the legal papers, no right can do crap..

6. well, why not just get rid off all nukes of the world.. And btw, if US drops nukes on you, you wont be alive to drop nukes on them back , you wont even have enough time to instruct your military who might be in other places.. And it takes soo much money to make nukes that if you try to take the money from the people, 100% of the people would be in poverty, and there is no use of creating nukes by sacrificing your people, just for the sake of "having nukes" and making other countries scared (which obviously they wont be)..
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashed411
lol lets impeach Hasina...and SBSASH FOR PRESIDENT!!!
lol.
Old January 22, 2010, 09:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
1. Then i bet you right now, atleast 50% people will be in jail, which would just paralyze the country (coz noone wants to pay taxes )

2. Yes you can, Cause the government has the right over tha land, and if they have the legal papers, no right can do crap..

6. well, why not just get rid off all nukes of the world.. And btw, if US drops nukes on you, you wont be alive to drop nukes on them back , you wont even have enough time to instruct your military who might be in other places.. And it takes soo much money to make nukes that if you try to take the money from the people, 100% of the people would be in poverty, and there is no use of creating nukes by sacrificing your people, just for the sake of "having nukes" and making other countries scared (which obviously they wont be)..
1. Then it will be kind of gd in a way I can use the prisoners to build the dam and infractures

2. I don't know, maybe I can....Need to do sm research on that.

6. The other countries won't get rid of nukes, trust me. There will be at least 1 country that won't give up nukes.And I didn't say it has to be done on the 6th step. We can do it once we fix most of the probs and then we can focus on nukes.
Old January 22, 2010, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
please look at the last post.
Do you intend to use nukes?
Old January 22, 2010, 09:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Do you intend to use nukes?
only if others use it against us. Thats the main reason why I want nukes.
Old January 22, 2010, 09:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
1. Then it will be kind of gd in a way I can use the prisoners to build the dam and infractures

2. I don't know, maybe I can....Need to do sm research on that.

6. The other countries won't get rid of nukes, trust me. There will be at least 1 country that won't give up nukes.And I didn't say it has to be done on the 6th step. We can do it once we fix most of the probs and then we can focus on nukes.
Still, about the nukes,
I just simply dont get it, if a country launches a nuke attack on you, how can you counter that?? you will already be dead.. Its not like guns that "o, if they shoot me, I shoot them back, but i wait till they do", its whoever does it first, wins (well, kills everyone, which some people consider really "winning")..

And seriously, if even 1 country launches a nuke attack on any country right now, the whole world will be destroyed because the other countries that didnt get attacked will get an excuse to atack on them, and they will use it to the best of their abilities.. And the other countries will get on too and it will like the third world war, And if there will be a third WW, the world wont survive this time because in total, there are enough nukes to wipe the whole world 4 times (I dont get it, 1 is enough to kill every single thing, why spend more money building it?? )...
Old January 22, 2010, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
only if others use it against us.
Son - do you know what nukes do? Anyway - why don't you get a few more growth rings and have actually faced death in your life (and not through movies) let us talk again.