facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 14, 2006, 01:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv
Thumbs up Excellent bowling by Mehrab Jr.

Not enough discussion about his intelligent bowling. I thought his balls were turning well. He is good enough to be used as good as a 10 over bowler. What do you guys think?

Old December 14, 2006, 01:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

where did u see his bowling???? last time i've seen his bowling in the 5th match of zimb series..... his bowling is not so good...got wickets though

but did u see his bowling after the series??
Old December 14, 2006, 01:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

I haven't seen him bowl much but looking at his action, I think he will extract more turn than either Sakib or Razzak.
Old December 14, 2006, 02:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
where did u see his bowling???? last time i've seen his bowling in the 5th match of zimb series..... his bowling is not so good...got wickets though

but did u see his bowling after the series??
Just the 5th match. His balls were turning a lot and fooling people.
Old December 15, 2006, 12:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Sakib is more consistent with his line and length. And if he maintains good line and length he can be a very difficult player to score of. And Sakib has a wicket taking instinct. Mehrab is ok, but too inconsistent to bowl 10 overs. But yeah he can be used as a 5th bowler.
Old December 15, 2006, 09:21 AM
Cricket Sage

I think its too early to make this young bowlers make a hero or a goat. Just give them time and watch them grow. The question is not whether they will be successful... its more about how much they will be successful. usually spinners gets better with more experience and age.

Just see some of the early comments made by few members here after Sakib's first few spells for the national team. I know ZIM and SCOT is a weak team. But there is no argument that Sakib's progress as a bowler for the national team is pretty impressive. He already proved his worth as a batman. Give Mehrab some time and exposure, I hope he will do the same. Now I understand, ZIM/SCOT are easy targets... but this is very good expericence for them before they go for the bigger fish like SL and IND. Most likely they will fail at bit and then learn from their mistake and get even better.

So relax every one.... we are still far away from their potential peaks... they are already fighting neck to neck (in terms of performance and productivity) with oldies. Sakib (the so called Rana Jr.) was the MOM for the last game.

Sakib another Rana Jr.? Mehrab another Gullu Jr.? And Farhad another Mushfiq Rahman Jr? Oh Ya.... if those are the qualities of our Rana/Gullu/Mushfiq Jr .... give me lots of them... I would rather go to fight with those players than Ash Sr., Bashar Sr. and Alok/Rajin Sr.
Old December 15, 2006, 09:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mominul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Sakib another Rana Jr.? Mehrab another Gullu Jr.? And Farhad another Mushfiq Rahman Jr? Oh Ya.... if those are the qualities of our Rana/Gullu/Mushfiq Jr .... give me lots of them... I would rather go to fight with those players than Ash Sr., Bashar Sr. and Alok/Rajin Sr.
It should be the quote of the year...Great one Fazal bhai..I agree with you, 100%!
Old December 15, 2006, 01:09 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Sakib is actually Rana jnr (batting wise) + Alok jnr (bowling wise, hype wise). He combines the worst qualities of both.

Last edited by Spitfire_x86; December 15, 2006 at 02:19 PM..
Old December 15, 2006, 02:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
Sakib is actually Rana jnr (batting wise) + Alok (bowling wise, hype wise). He combines the worst qualities of both.
Totally disagree. I have seen him bat many times and he looks like a good prospect to me. Other than the innings against Srilanka when he was too slow, I've always found him quite matured and he is one of the very few batsman in Bangladesh team who can play in singles and doubles in the middle overs. About bowling, if you compare his bowling to Alok's, I have nothing to say to you. He is a quite intelligent bowler actually but we will find out more when he bowls against some decent batting.
Old December 15, 2006, 02:17 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

At this point, none of us can win this debate. Sakib will prove either me or you wrong within next couple of years.
Old December 15, 2006, 02:24 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player

Sakib played very well recently..If u thinnk about his Batting he rarely gets out. Even if he gets out its more likely a Run out or in a Good delivery. He never plays any stupid shots. and very Efficent in singles and doubles with a high strike rate ! So to me He is one of the Best PLayer at the moment in Bd team. Farhad reza is also like him. but farhad's SR is higher then Sakib.

In Bowling Sakib gets wicket in almost every match ! and good economy too. However he so far has played with Zim and Keniya and Scots. so we cant judge him or Farhad or Mehrab jst now. Lets wwait and see how they go in WOrld Cup and after. so lets see...without making any early comment!
Old December 15, 2006, 02:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
At this point, none of us can win this debate. Sakib will prove either me or you wrong within next couple of years.
You are right. So we should stop comparing him to other players.
Old December 15, 2006, 03:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
"However, Proctor, who the man-of-the-match adjudicator, was correct in one sense by choosing Sakib as the talented left-hander displayed a great example of miserly bowling with 10-4-13-1, the most economical figures by a Bangladesh bowler. In the 142-match one-day history of Bangladesh, no other bowler has previously managed to return with a lower economy rate than Sakib bowling his full 10-over quota. Mohammad Rafique, who was rested due to an ankle injury, earlier conceded 14 runs against Australia in 10 overs only in the last match staged at the ground in April." - NewAgeBD
Yes Sakib has a long way to go to establish himself against stronger teams. But if we don't give proper appreciation (and acknowledgement of his improvement), when he really deserve, then we basically loose our credibility in this forum.