facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 31, 2005, 12:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook
Default To improve fielding - should we follow some overseas rules?

5 cathes has been dropped and 2 run out chance missed.......

Whats the reason of behind this?
Why they are not sincere, focused and fit?

The reason is - Back home, we treat our players more like stars than players. We have already started making stupid music vdo`s with them. Now here is my point -

In U.S baseball league - "For every catch dropped, a player has to run around the field as many times as the coach asks (100/150) as punishment. These players, nonetheless, are paid millions of dollars, but this is how they are kept in form and sincere.

Now - I had the similar feeling while watching the game last night that - we must have some specific punishment to improve the ability and focus of our players on the field.

You cant make a mistake and get away.

==============================================

Old August 31, 2005, 01:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Through out my career I have only seen one punishment that attracts immediate attention of any professionals. Monetary fine. Since every year we have floods, we can create a trust fund for flood, and punish certain amount of money for each catch misses or run outs. For repeated offense the rate should go higher.

Shob thik hoiya jabey. Petay lathi dilay attention emni choley ashbey. Concentration will spike. While we are at it how about introduce punishing the batsmen (first 6) if they fail to score a total of 30 runs in 3 consecutive innings. That would get Ash, Aftab’s attention of riding their luck every time they take the field.
Old August 31, 2005, 01:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Thats a good and unique idea.
Old August 31, 2005, 01:15 PM
Cricket Savant

In 3 innings if they can not score a total of 30 runs then they are not in form. period. Either you sit or you pay back some of the money that is invested on you. The team is suffering for the bad judgment.

Big mouthing ave 40/40 would not get you anywhere. I don't have any sympathy left.
Old August 31, 2005, 01:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Right on money.

Same rules go for everybody. Batsmen, bowlers and while they are fielding - you give some loose, you may pay back.
Old August 31, 2005, 01:37 PM
Cricket Legend

First and foremost-before dissecting the team,and suggesting various remedies, we should a wait a few games. This might just be a one off phenomenon.

The fielding of BD team has definetely improved since Dav took over. In any case, yes, there should be incentives and penalties "within" the confines of the team so that all are aware of teh consequences and respomsibilities of being part of a team. Here I would stress the word "team" as I don't think individual finger -pointing is a constructive approach in training.
Old August 31, 2005, 03:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

To be an effective fielder, you need to be a natural athlete first and foremost. Our team is lacking in that dept. I would term Aftab, Mashrafi and Rajin as the only three natural athletes in the team. Their movement in the field says so. Two of the above mentioned three were missing today, as opposed to the fantastic trio of Sri lankan Arnold, Chandana and Dilshan that man the inner circle area ( square leg, point, gully ) . They save runs, take ctaches and create run out opputunities. We were lacking in that dept. Our ground fielding is bad as well. We have too many people not attacking the ball ( may be are afraid to do so ) and lack strong arm from the deep. I think, its vital for us to have Rajin in the field along with Aftab in the high percentage zones. Oh yeah..Mash is a great fielder as well.

Slip catching has always been our problem. If they think S. Nafees is good in the slips, then they should stick with him. I am prepared to think that it was an anomaly yesterday.

They must have not practiced fielding very well in the training camp. It is a vital component these days and can't be ignored. For a team like us, where majority are not natural born athletes, the imporatnce of fielding is even more significant. Many a lesser teams work harder on their fielding to make up for deficiencies in batting and bowling. We must take that approach. Good fielding teams make good busy cricketers. Running between the wkt improves consequently and that leads to more scoring oppurtunities.
Attention to finer details must be enhnaced.
Old August 31, 2005, 04:11 PM
Club Cricketer

I not sure about these............
fines, running around the ground these aren't gonna do anything to these people, these are professional players not some lads in junior school.

these thing will demotivale players and wouldn't help them to improve,

i dont know about u guys but recently i saw a masterclass of great "jonty roders" of south africa.
he said " the key to being a good fielder is the willingness to fielding every ball, u have to wish every ball comes to you "
he also said many coaches and players gets it wrong but telling player to running in when fielding, he said that u should run in with the bowler and get urself in a steady position like a goalie, when the bowler lets go off the ball. this enables u to get urself in a balance position and keep ur head still and move much more easily .......
Old August 31, 2005, 04:27 PM
Club Cricketer

The feilding in US Baseball is absolutely state of the art quality. I am ashamed of BD feilding today. I would have dropped S Nafees in the next match. Then againg I am sick of Ash's inconsistancy. They are professionals but don't what is professionalism.
Old August 31, 2005, 04:30 PM
Cricket Savant

How much more incentive you would need? If you perform sensibly you will be the king of the world. How can you teach patience to these kids? Yes, they are professionals but only 18-22 year olds. Not matured enough. "Punishing" came out of frustration. Hopefully oracle is right. It was just an off day. or not enough practice time after a long lay off.