facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 2, 2017, 12:00 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD
Default নিজের বোলারদের ধুয়ে দিলেন মুশফিক - Bowlers got heavy criticism from the test captain at press.

দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকার বিপক্ষে পচেফস্ট্রুম টেস্ট যেভাবে বাংলাদেশ হেরেছে, তাতে ব্যাটসম্যান-বোলারের উভয়ের দায় দেখা যেতে পারে। মুশফিকও দেখছেন। তবে এই লজ্জার হারে ক্ষোভটা যেন বোলারদের ওপরই বেশি ঝাড়লেন বাংলাদেশ টেস্ট অধিনায়ক।

দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকার প্রথাগত উইকেট দেখা যায়নি পচেফস্ট্রুম। টেস্ট শুরুর আগের দিন মুশফিক নিজেও জানিয়েছিলেন উইকেট অনেক শুকনো। সব জেনেও কেন টস জিতে ফিল্ডিং নিলেন? আজ ম্যাচ শেষে এ নিয়ে যে লম্বা উত্তর দিলেন, তাতে বোলারদের ওপর মুশফিকের অনাস্থাই ফুটে উঠল, ‘সবাই মিলে সিদ্ধান্ত নিয়েছি। দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকায় এমন উইকেট হবে অনুমান করা কঠিন। যতই ফ্ল্যাট উইকেট হোক, যদি সুবিধা নিতে চান, সেটা প্রথম দুই ঘণ্টায় নিতে হবে। বলতে পারেন না টস জিতে ব্যাটিং নিয়েই ৫০০ রান করতে পারতাম। ঠিকভাবে খেলতে পারলে তৃতীয় দিনে অনেক ভালো রান করতে পারতাম (প্রথম ইনিংসে)। হ্যাঁ, বলতে পারতাম, ফ্ল্যাট উইকেটে ব্যাটিং (শুরুতেই) করতে পারতাম। তবে ফ্ল্যাট উইকেটে আমাদের বোলাররা বোলিং করতে পারবে, এটা কখনোই বিশ্বাস করি না।’
নিজের বোলারদের দিকে সমালোচনার তির ছোড়া মুশফিকের নতুন নয়। তবে আজ রাখঢাক না রেখেই সতীর্থ বোলারদের রীতিমতো ধুয়ে দিলেন অধিনায়ক, ‘ফ্ল্যাট উইকেটে আপনি উইকেট না পান, ঠিক জায়গায় বোলিং তো করতে পারেন। সে জন্যই তো জাতীয় দলে খেলছেন। কিন্তু আপনি এমন নয়। তাহলে আমিও তো ছয়টা বলের মধ্যে দুইটা লাইনে ফেলতে পারতাম। প্রথম ইনিংসে বোলাররা আমাকে অনেক হতাশ করেছে। এক সেশনে উইকেট না পান, রানটা আটকে রাখতে পারেন, যেটা দলকে কাজে দেয়। ৫০০-৫৫০ রানের বোঝা নিয়ে খেলা আর ৩০০-৪০০ রানের বিপক্ষে খেলা দুই রকম ব্যাপার..See more at -
http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...শফিক

Go TIGERS GO...

Old October 2, 2017, 12:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Should not have done that in front of media, he himself did a piss poor job as a captain.
Old October 2, 2017, 12:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Just sack him please
Old October 2, 2017, 12:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

I don't understand bangla, but saw the english part in the title.

Why he blaming the bowlers when he was the sole reason why they were flayed?
Old October 2, 2017, 12:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Well despite of poor decisions and defensibe captaincy I will say Mushy is right to be angry on our bowlers.
Can't take wickets, can't contain runs.
Pathetic.
Old October 2, 2017, 12:24 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

He is right to complain. Beside Shakib (and maybe Miraz) the rest of the bowling unit is non existent. "Dhuye dilen" is such a poor description.
Old October 2, 2017, 12:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
He is right to complain. ....
Really? You win the toss, can't read the pitch, don't bat first and it is the bowlers fault?

Team scores below par in the first innings and it is the bowlers fault?

Team gets all out in 5th day for 90 runs. It is the bowlers fault?

+++

I think you are a SA supporter. Otherwise, why would you support this type of captain? He is the opponent's 12th man.

Taka na khaiye opponent're help koray. Volunteer helper for SA Cricket team. He should give them his bank account # to give him some reward like Hasina gives in wins.

I don't think he has any right to complain.
Old October 2, 2017, 12:35 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

' হ্যাঁ, বলতে পারতাম, ফ্ল্যাট উইকেটে ব্যাটিং (শুরুতেই) করতে পারতাম। তবে ফ্ল্যাট উইকেটে আমাদের বোলাররা বোলিং করতে পারবে, এটা কখনোই বিশ্বাস করি না।’'

Translation- 'Yes you can say we could have bat first. But I never believe our bowlers can bowl (well) in flat pitches'

WTF he's trying to say here?!

Mushy according to your very own logic why you would you bowl first then!! This doesn't make any sense Any captain who thought his bowlers are incapable to bowl in flat tracks won't bowl first on a flat pitch!!

This is not even a 'excuse'..

I don't understand this guys logic.

Anyone explain

Go TIGERS GO...
Old October 2, 2017, 12:38 PM
Cricket Sage

This is nothing new for Rahim. While good captains like Mashrafee absorb the pressure and protect his young guns from press, a captain like Rahim can only can duck and deflect pressure and throw his young guns under the road in press.

Press is not about talking the truth (of your version), its more on leadership and diplomacy and keep the team united against external pressure.

I am not surprised at all. We have seen this type of behavior from Rahim so many times in the past, there is no reason to be surprised at all. Again he proved that he has very little leadership quality and how he crumble under pressure and abundant his team to save his sorry as$.
Old October 2, 2017, 12:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib

Effing idiot. If Papon is seeing this, he better kicks this clown's a$$ out of captaincy immediately after this series.
Old October 2, 2017, 12:44 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Really? You win the toss, can't read the pitch, don't bat first and it is the bowlers fault?

Team scores below par in the first innings and it is the bowlers fault?

Team gets all out in 5th day for 90 runs. It is the bowlers fault?

+++

I think you are a SA supporter. Otherwise, why would you support this type of captain? He is the opponent's 12th man.

Taka na khaiye opponent're help koray. Volunteer helper for SA Cricket team. He should give them his bank account # to give him some reward like Hasina gives in wins.

calm down TE bhai. I may not agree with you but that doesn't mean I am SA supporter.

Mushy deserves criticisms and that is being discussed elsewhere. There are many reasons for this loss. But here we are talking about the severe incompetence of our seam bowlers.

I have not seen any improvement in our bowling attack for the last year or so. We can't take wickets. And we can't contain the runs. The absence of Shakib only highlighted the issue. None of them can keep a consistent line and length. You don't need to be intimidating with bouncers, Yorkers, and short balls. Just stick with the basic and bowl on the 4th/5th on a consistent basis.

As I said, I am not happy with Mushy's captaincy. But let's not forget the issue of these pathetic bowling unit by focusing only on Mushy's incompetence.
Old October 2, 2017, 01:00 PM
Cricket Sage

The official norm is captain select the final 11 team. Are those our best FBs who deserved ahead of the other FBs? Should he take the blame for selecting the wrong bowlers?

All SA experts said its a dead pitch and Rahim was expecting miracle from our FBs in 1st innings? Should he be man enough to take the responsibility?

Again the team was with 3 FB and one all rounder category spinner. if our FB are that bad, (And captain should know that in advance), why the heck Taizul ( the specialized spinner) was not taken? Sakib was not there, and he should know that Riyad is no longer your 5th bowler. Will he ever take any responsibilities?

Have he seen how some of his batsman get out? Yes some of them were against very good bowling, but then some of them were very silly.... and those silly mistakes were done by his relatively experienced batsmans. How come he didn't have any to say that in the media? Why pick the young guns and not pick his buddies for criticism.

He is a midget allright, but he is not your innocent little guy... he is clickbuzz..dhanda baaz... will do and say anything to save his and his inlaws as$ at the cost of anything.
Old October 2, 2017, 01:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

This has been the scenario for an illegitimate period of time. You ruin your chances by making poor decisions. Then you fail to capitalize on pressure situations. By the end of first days play you embrace the inevitable while fantasizing and daydreaming about miracle. Then in the name of giving 200% you cannot even make a fifty in most favorable batting condition.

Next steps finger pointing.

Every time he will speak about something what is called BHAG in managerial terms. But, there is no objective scrutiny or learning from past mistakes. You set up your mission and follow the script by knowing that you will fail eventually.

This minnow mentality, the fear of achieving the best (as Zeeshan wrote in one of his post), the inability to groom and replace a proper taller wicket-keeper batsman with the diminutive captain just because of the whole BCB management top to bottom along with players were going through some mental handicap has cost us a lot.

This pessimism, losing before trying needs to go.

If you have a Big Hairy Audacious Goal, you better be proactive. You appraise it and make it a challenge. Stretch it and use measurement, deploy a mini intelligence team on the field and quantify your options in every little window of opportunity. Improve team building. I think we lack hugely in this.
Old October 2, 2017, 01:45 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
The official norm is captain select the final 11 team. Are those our best FBs who deserved ahead of the other FBs? Should he take the blame for selecting the wrong bowlers?
No. It is the think tank which is comprised of captain/coach/senior players that makes the decisions on toss and final XI. Mushy has no leverage over Haturi.

It is an extremely poor strategy form captain, coach, management, and all the senior players involved.
Old October 2, 2017, 01:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
calm down TE bhai. ..
Kothai paro na abar....

Safer supporter = Mufi.
Old October 2, 2017, 01:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Not totally invalid criticism, we also been saying bowlers lost their even basic discipline since Walsh became the coach. However, he is not owning up to his own mistakes and putting the whole blame on others - that's just another example of his horrible leadership skills.
Old October 2, 2017, 01:56 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Kothai paro na abar....

Safer supporter = Mufi.
sure. if disagreeing with you makes me an SAF supporter then sure lets go with that. I was trying to have a respectful meaningful discussion but those days are gone in BC.

have a nice day!
Old October 2, 2017, 02:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:

He's not the 12th man, he is the SA's Man of the match.

Pathetic captaincy on the field and even more pathetic captaincy off the field.
Old October 2, 2017, 02:17 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
This is nothing new for Rahim. While good captains like Mashrafee absorb the pressure and protect his young guns from press, a captain like Rahim can only can duck and deflect pressure and throw his young guns under the road in press.

Press is not about talking the truth (of your version), its more on leadership and diplomacy and keep the team united against external pressure.

I am not surprised at all. We have seen this type of behavior from Rahim so many times in the past, there is no reason to be surprised at all. Again he proved that he has very little leadership quality and how he crumble under pressure and abundant his team to save his sorry as$.
Spot on.

I think mahmadullah should be next captain
Old October 2, 2017, 02:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Glad to see that mushy has finally become a man. Way to go mushy. Make ur country proud
Old October 2, 2017, 02:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
sure. ...
have a nice day!
Herio Mufi. ei Rag korso? Rag koiro na. Rag'er kisu nai. Mushfique're tho forum'a pai na tai.... Dudh'er shad gholey mitai ar ki. Tomar ek ta famous hashi asey na? Oi da diya dao.
Old October 2, 2017, 02:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Rahim has always thrown people under the bus. Thats the downside of his leadership.

But the toss and field settings aren't as much of an issue these days as it was a few years ago. Hathu I'm sure dictacted what decision to make if we won the toss, Mushy doesn't have that authority. Hathu has made stupid decisins for a while now.

Barring Fizz, bowlers have been disappointing. Taijul should have played given the success of Maharaj and Mominul. But hindsight is 20-20.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 2, 2017, 03:00 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Rahim has always thrown people under the bus. Thats the downside of his leadership.

But the toss and field settings aren't as much of an issue these days as it was a few years ago. Hathu I'm sure dictacted what decision to make if we won the toss, Mushy doesn't have that authority. Hathu has made stupid decisins for a while now.

Barring Fizz, bowlers have been disappointing. Taijul should have played given the success of Maharaj and Mominul. But hindsight is 20-20.
whats the upside in his leadership? just curious
Old October 2, 2017, 03:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
whats the upside in his leadership? just curious
Old October 2, 2017, 03:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

I think some of the members that defend Mushfiqur should pursue career in politics. I mean, they are very smart, they criticize him at the same time include team management/seniors etc. They like to remain in the middle. I call them diplomats.

This Mushfiqur is a fraud, a political con. Get rid of him, and all those silly team manage fault etc will suddenly disappear. And it will be this same diplomats that will be like, yeah it was the right decision to remove Mushfiqur, like I/we said.. hahahah...