facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 19, 2011, 09:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players
Default Kraigg Brathwaite

This 18 year old is all set to debut for tomorrow's test match against Pakistan. I'm really keen to see how he does. From my point of view, he seems to have a great ability to sight the ball early, has some wonderful back foot strokes, and plays with soft hands for singles. Looks like he has a lot of promise. Hope he doesn't turn out to be another Xavier Marshall.

Stats so far in his FC career

http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Pl...g_by_Team.html

Wish him the best of luck!

Old May 20, 2011, 12:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

with him plus darren bravo, WI has a nice young core. hopefully their future will be less bleak than the past decade. sarwan, chanders, and gayle will soon be past their primes. they need taylor and edwards to stay healthy as well. roach will be one of the best pacers in the world very shortly.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 20, 2011, 02:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

^Add Adrian Barath as well. And they always seem to keep producing decent fast bowlers and now they have a decent spinner in Bishoo as well. So it's not bleak by any means for the Windies. I hope this bunch is treated well so they don't change their priorities. On Brathwaite, I don't know if it's the right move letting him debut so early on in his career. He was playing an U19 series just last month. I think it'd be better if he hung around with the team worked with the batting coach, played a few more FC + A team matches and debut say about 2 years later. But all the best to him.
Old May 20, 2011, 07:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Ya I agree with you guys. They seem to have a nice young core now. Bravo is already 1 of their best batsmen, Barath scored a century on a very tough Australian wicket in tests as well. Also Simmons is getting his career back on track which good to see. If he can keep this up then they have 4 young players they can rely on. I agree Equinox that it seems early for Brathwaite to play his 1st test match. I'm thinking it's because their going to play on a very flat St.Kitts pitch. So it would be an easy transition for him.

Hoping for the Windies to be back. Their always a very exciting team to watch when in full flow.
Old May 20, 2011, 12:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

KB looks to be the real deal but that's what I said about Marlon Samuels not so long ago.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)