facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Should Courtney Walsh be sacked?
Yes 19 73.08%
No 5 19.23%
Unsure 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 18, 2017, 12:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Default *Walsh should resign or be sacked by BCB*

I have watched and followed him very closely. He has been ineffective as a bowling coach. Mash and Shakib has been our consistent performers the last two years, I wouldn't credit Walsh for that. Players like Taskin-Fizz and Rubel seem to have gone the other way. More importantly as a bowling unit, we look very poor. So should Walsh resign or let go by BCB?

Old June 18, 2017, 12:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Hard to disagree with this.
Old June 18, 2017, 01:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Has there been any media criticising the bowling coach.
Old June 18, 2017, 01:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

What good will Walsh resigning do as long as we have the scotch tape captain at the helm? Yes, I said it.

No fight in him in a foreign land. Mentally defeated after 260+, comical jogging to the boundary ropes (no one's asking you to play with bad knees). We need someone who can be the bullet of the sniper. Not a musket in a museum.
Old June 18, 2017, 01:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Sack him. Not a good coach.
Old June 18, 2017, 01:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
What good will Walsh resigning do as long as we have the scotch tape captain at the helm? Yes, I said it.

No fight in him in a foreign land. Mentally defeated after 260+, comical jogging to the boundary ropes (no one's asking you to play with bad knees). We need someone who can be the bullet of the sniper. Not a musket in a museum.
Any captain will struggle to defend a score of 260+ on the flat wickets in CT. It's not Mashrafes fault - he bowled his heart out, tried everything. His main bowler Fizz was ineffective, Shakib hasn't looked good with ball, Taskin and Rubel very poor. Except Mash, the bowling unit sucked - big time. Walsh has to be responsible for this.
Old June 18, 2017, 01:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Any captain will struggle to defend a score of 260+ on the flat wickets in CT. It's not Mashrafes fault - he bowled his heart out, tried everything. His main bowler Fizz was ineffective, Shakib hasn't looked good with ball, Taskin and Rubel very poor. Except Mash, the bowling unit sucked - big time. Walsh has to be responsible for this.
Some people like to talk beyond logic. Some people always try to find a scapegoat. For Roey, earlier it was Mushfiq, now it is Mashrafee.
Old June 18, 2017, 01:52 PM
Cricket Legend

^ What! lol. No.

Firstly, who said I am done with Mushfiq. We still need a replacement for the wk position for the long run.

And it's not just Mashrafe, the thread was apt to express my views. I am coming after most of the players. See WarWolf, I think our golden generation's time is up! This was the peak. As horribly as they played this tournament, our future lies with the youngins. The seniors will keep dragging us along for a slow and uneventful death.

If we want to become winners quickly, we will need fresh faces.

You saw how well Pakistan did, and how well Sri Lanka did (knocked out by the champs). And they have renovated their teams in no time at all and look deadly now.
Old June 18, 2017, 02:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
^ What! lol. No.

Firstly, who said I am done with Mushfiq. We still need a replacement for the wk position for the long run.

And it's not just Mashrafe, the thread was apt to express my views. I am coming after most of the players. See WarWolf, I think our golden generation's time is up! This was the peak. As horribly as they played this tournament, our future lies with the youngins. The seniors will keep dragging us along for a slow and uneventful death.

If we want to become winners quickly, we will need fresh faces.

You saw how well Pakistan did, and how well Sri Lanka did (knocked out by the champs). And they have renovated their teams in not time at all and look deadly now.
Lol. Didn't we reach the Semi Final by beating NZ where seniors like Shakib and Mahmudullah bailed us out? The juniors failed that match, except Mosaddek with ball, and that too it was Mashrafe's tactical move that paid off, his captaincy was great in that match. Overall, our juniors have really disappointed - Sabbir, Soumya, Mosa and Fizz. Look at Pakistan, their juniors stepped up, and both seniors + juniors worked well together.
Old June 18, 2017, 02:26 PM
Cricket Legend

^ That is what I said. "As horribly as they played" I said, referring to the juniors. And yet our future is in their hands. This is what the people must understand.

The seniors are too inconsistent. And they have showed us our ceiling with this tourney! This is it man! You think we can squeeze out more from this bunch? Come on man, can't you see. I will create a separate thread for this if I have to.

Sorry to derail this thread. Yes, I agree there are big question marks on Walsh.
Old June 18, 2017, 03:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

Count me in. Under Heath, i saw enough improvement but under Walsh i keep on watching tour bowling unit go downhill day by day. Like wtf is going on man? This proves again thatbgreat players dont seem to be the best coaches!
Old June 18, 2017, 03:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:

Not a big Mashrafee fan myself but when I think about who will be the captain after his time is over, i am filled with disappointment. He has done exceptional as a captain and contributed enough to deserve more credit than criticism.
Old June 19, 2017, 02:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

If Was Papon, I would tear up that 3 year contract signed with Walsh, pay him his compensation and book the next available flight to Jamaica.

A 130-135 kph bowler like Bhuvneshwar Kumar was bowling great lines and length yesterday and bowled yorkers at will at the death. How is it Taskin and Rubel failed to do the same? Surely it doesn't have anything to do with ability cos we have seen them bowl under Heath Streak.
Old June 19, 2017, 04:38 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Dale Steyn

Quote:
I was there at the game and honestly I saw with my own eyes there was no fight in him. He made little effort when fielding. Did not see him talk to the bowlers or any kind of team talk during our fielding. Yes his bowling figure looked good but I think that's probably due to him bowling himself out quickly.
Old June 19, 2017, 05:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
If Was Papon, I would tear up that 3 year contract signed with Walsh, pay him his compensation and book the next available flight to Jamaica.

A 130-135 kph bowler like Bhuvneshwar Kumar was bowling great lines and length yesterday and bowled yorkers at will at the death. How is it Taskin and Rubel failed to do the same? Surely it doesn't have anything to do with ability cos we have seen them bowl under Heath Streak.
Agree. And i have personally seen during the Sri Lanka tour how he coaches the players. During tests, during ODI's. Type of coach who gives "Tips". Not hands on, not energetic. But he seems like a great guy. Takes time to speak to fans, autograph, takes pictures. Highly respected by players, coaches, opposition.

But i dont think being a great guy is enough for this job.

Sadly King Courtney's stint should be ended. We need a proper bowling coach before World Cup 2019.
Old June 19, 2017, 05:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot

Well, Bhuvi is a 135/140 kmph bowler now. When bhuvi used bowl in 125/130 region he used to get a prodigious amount of swing in the air but he was nowhere near as threatening as he's now.

He sacrificed a bit of swing in order to add few extra miles in his bowling.
Old June 19, 2017, 06:01 AM
Cricket Legend

There has to be a reason why our guys have lost pace. Either action, or fitness. Some bowlers drop pace to improve accuracy, but not that our guys are accurate anyway.

Pretty sure Rubel, Taskin were much much sharper a year or two ago.
Old June 19, 2017, 10:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Walsh is useless, needs to be sacked

Old June 19, 2017, 12:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauryan
I was there at the game and honestly I saw with my own eyes there was no fight in him. He made little effort when fielding. Did not see him talk to the bowlers or any kind of team talk during our fielding. Yes his bowling figure looked good but I think that's probably due to him bowling himself out quickly.
I will try to explain with football - as you live in England. If a team is 5-0 down at half time - do you expect them to show a better fight in the second half? as fan's we would say yes, usually in reality this doesn't happen. Players don't look interested in second half.. body language changes etc. You can't blame Mash here, no one was able to get the break through... he bowled his best bowler.. Fizz and shakib.. literally tried everything didn't work out.. hence he decided to continue, as leader he said.. right I will get the break through for the boys... and he did. Lets give him credit.. when he doesn't deserve criticism...
Old September 5, 2017, 07:19 AM
Cricket Legend

How long should we remain patient?

How long does he enjoy his vacation?
Old September 5, 2017, 08:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Ohh,, look, another 'Walsh is of no use' Thread.

It is known throughout the forum that he is not an effective coach.Almost all of us want him out as the bowling coach.

No need for a poll, because everyone will vote him out. Simple.

Here we go:
Walsh is of no use
Old September 28, 2017, 06:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Fraud.

Vacation man strikes again.

Where are those that said he needs time???
Old September 28, 2017, 06:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

I have seen no positive changes for any pacers under Walsh's regime.

It is cringe when Atahar everytime has to remind us all that we have Walsh in our team.

He is like the 3D glasses and technology for TVs. Nice to brag about but utterly worthless
Old September 28, 2017, 06:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Fraud.

Vacation man strikes again.

Where are those that said he needs time???
I think they are still thinking he needs more time
Old September 28, 2017, 06:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Don't see the point of having a bowling coach when every bowler bowls so much rubbish that even two rookie openers is feasting on them, fizz has lost effectiveness. He should be let go after this series no question.