facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 20, 2016, 10:41 AM
Banned

Default ***Islam & Quran - Peace and Patience***

1 In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful.

2 Praise be to God, Lord of the Worlds.

3 The Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

4 Master of the Day of Judgment.

5 It is You we worship, and upon You we call for help.

6 Guide us to the straight path.

7 The path of those You have blessed, not of those against whom there is anger, nor of those who are misguided.

(Source: http://www.quranful.com/)

بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

ٱلْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ ٱلْعَٰلَمِينَ

ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

مَٰلِكِ يَوْمِ ٱلدِّينِ

إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وَإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ

ٱهْدِنَا ٱلصِّرَٰطَ ٱلْمُسْتَقِيمَ

صِرَٰطَ ٱلَّذِينَ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ غَيْرِ ٱلْمَغْضُوبِ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَاٱلضَّآلِّينَ

Aim of the thread:

To share Surah from the Quran about key human qualities needed in life to be a better person.

To understand certain Stories in the Quran and attempt to practice and implement in daily life

To increase knowledge and understanding of common aspects of life and how its possible to deal with them.

Last edited by MohammedShamim; March 15, 2016 at 03:52 PM..

Old March 4, 2016, 03:08 PM
Banned

Story of Prophet Yusuf- Teaches patience and forgiveness! part of surah below.

1 Alif, Lam, Ra. These are the Verses of the Clear Book.

2 We have revealed it an Arabic Quran, so that you may understand.

3 We narrate to you the most accurate history, by revealing to you this Quran. Although, prior to it, you were of the unaware.

4 When Joseph said to his father, "O my father, I saw eleven planets, and the sun, and the moon; I saw them bowing down to me."

5 He said,"O my son, do not relate your vision to your brothers, lest they plot and scheme against you. Satan is man's sworn enemy.

6 And thus your Lord will choose you, and will teach you the interpretation of events, and will complete His blessing upon you and upon the family of Jacob, as He has completed it before upon your forefathers Abraham and Isaac. Your Lord is Knowing and Wise.

7 In Joseph and his brothers are lessons for the seekers.

8 When they said, "Joseph and his brother are dearer to our father than we are, although we are a whole group. Our father is obviously in the wrong.

9 "Kill Joseph, or throw him somewhere in the land, and your father's attention will be yours. Afterwards, you will be decent people."

10 One of them said, "Do not kill Joseph, but throw him into the bottom of the well; some caravan may pick him up-if you must do something."

11 They said, "Father, why do you not trust us with Joseph, although we care for him?"

12 "Send him with us tomorrow, that he may roam and play; we will take care of him."

13 He said, "It worries me that you would take him away. And I fear the wolf may eat him while you are careless of him."

14 They said, "If the wolf ate him, and we are many, we would be good for nothing."

15 So they went away with him, and agreed to put him at the bottom of the well. And We inspired him, "You will inform them of this deed of theirs when they are unaware."

16 And they came to their father in the evening weeping.

17 They said, "O father, we went off racing one another, and left Joseph by our belongings; and the wolf ate him. But you will not believe us, even though we are being truthful."

18 And they brought his shirt, with fake blood on it. He said, "Your souls enticed you to do something. But patience is beautiful, and God is my Help against what you describe."

19 A caravan passed by, and they sent their water-carrier. He lowered his bucket, and said, "Good news. Here is a boy." And they hid him as merchandise. But God was aware of what they did.

20 And they sold him for a cheap price-a few coins-they considered him to be of little value.

21 The Egyptian who bought him said to his wife, "Take good care of him; he may be useful to us, or we may adopt him as a son." We thus established Joseph in the land, to teach him the interpretation of events. God has control over His affairs, but most people do not know.

22 When he reached his maturity, We gave him wisdom and knowledge. We thus reward the righteous.

23 She in whose house he was living tried to seduce him. She shut the doors, and said, "I am yours." He said, "God forbid! He is my Lord. He has given me a good home. Sinners never succeed."

24 She desired him, and he desired her, had he not seen the proof of his Lord. It was thus that We diverted evil and indecency away from him. He was one of Our loyal servants.

25 As they raced towards the door, she tore his shirt from behind. At the door, they ran into her husband. She said, "What is the penalty for him who desired to dishonor your wife, except imprisonment or a painful punishment?"

26 He said, "It was she who tried to seduce me." A witness from her household suggested: "If his shirt is torn from the front: then she has told the truth, and he is the liar.

27 But if his shirt is torn from the back: then she has lied, and he is the truthful."

28 And when he saw that his shirt was torn from the back, he said, "This is a woman's scheme. Your scheming is serious indeed."

29 "Joseph, turn away from this. And you, woman, ask forgiveness for your sin; you are indeed in the wrong."

30 Some ladies in the city said, "The governor's wife is trying to seduce her servant. She is deeply in love with him. We see she has gone astray."

31 And when she heard of their gossip, she invited them, and prepared for them a banquet, and she gave each one of them a knife. She said, "Come out before them." And when they saw him, they marveled at him, and cut their hands. They said, "Good God, this is not a human, this must be a precious angel."

32 She said, "Here he is, the one you blamed me for. I did try to seduce him, but he resisted. But if he does not do what I tell him to do, he will be imprisoned, and will be one of the despised."

33 He said, "My Lord, prison is more desirable to me than what they call me to. Unless You turn their scheming away from me, I may yield to them, and become one of the ignorant."

34 Thereupon his Lord answered him, and diverted their scheming away from him. He is the Hearer, the Knower.

35 Then it occurred to them, after they had seen the signs, to imprison him for a while.

36 Two youth entered the prison with him. One of them said, "I see myself pressing wine." The other said, "I see myself carrying
bread on my head, from which the birds are eating. Tell us their interpretation-we see that you are one of the righteous."

37 He said, "No food is served to you, but I have informed you about it before you have received it. That is some of what my Lord has taught me. I have forsaken the tradition of people who do not believe in God; and regarding the Hereafter, they are deniers."

38 "And I have followed the faith of my forefathers, Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob. It is not for us to associate anything with God. This is by virtue of God's grace upon us and upon the people, but most people do not give thanks.

39 "O My fellow inmates, are diverse lords better, or God, the One, the Supreme?"

40 "You do not worship, besides Him, except names you have named, you and your ancestors, for which God has sent down no authority. Judgment belongs to none but God. He has commanded that you worship none but Him. This is the right religion, but most people do not know.

41 "O my fellow inmates! One of you will serve his master wine; while the other will be crucified, and the birds will eat from his head. Thus the matter you are inquiring about is settled."

42 And he said to the one he thought would be released, "Mention me to your master." But Satan caused him to forget mentioning him to his master, so he remained in prison for several years.

43 The king said, "I see seven fat cows being eaten by seven lean ones, and seven green spikes, and others dried up. O elders, explain to me my vision, if you are able to interpret visions."

44 They said, "Jumbles of dreams, and we know nothing of the interpretation of dreams."

45 The one who was released said, having remembered after a time, "I will inform you of its interpretation, so send me out."

Continue the full Sarah: http://www.quranful.com/ (Surah 12- Joseph)

Last edited by MohammedShamim; March 15, 2016 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: Thank you for correction tigers_eye
Old March 4, 2016, 04:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Thank you.
Old March 4, 2016, 04:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Appreciation from me also. I have been following and reading this thread too.

I appreciate your kind effort of posting the events of Prophet Yusef (PBUH).
Beautiful focus of the thread - Peace, Patience and Kindness.
Thank you, Shamim bhaiya.
Old March 5, 2016, 03:02 PM
Banned

Prophet Moses and the Blessed servant of Allah- Great example (The Cave, Surah 18)

60 Recall when Moses said to his servant, "I will not give up until I reach the junction of the two rivers, even if it takes me years."

61 Then, when they reached the junction between them, they forgot about their fish. It found its way into the river, slipping away.

62 When they went further, he said to his servant, "Bring us our lunch; we were exposed in our travel to much fatigue."

63 He said, "Do you remember when we rested by the rock? I forgot about the fish. It was only the devil who made me forget it. And so it found its way to the river, amazingly."

64 He said, "This is what we were seeking." And so they turned back retracing their steps.

65 Then they came upon a servant of Ours, whom We had blessed with mercy from Us, and had taught him knowledge from Our Own.

66 Moses said to him, "May I follow you, so that you may teach me some of the guidance you were taught?"

67 He said, "You will not be able to endure with me.

68 And how will you endure what you have no knowledge of?"

69 He said, "You will find me, God willing, patient; and I will not disobey you in any order of yours."

70 He said, "If you follow me, do not ask me about anything, until I myself make mention of it to you."

71 So they set out. Until, when they had boarded the boat, he holed it. He said, "Did you hole it, to drown its passengers? You have done something awful."

72 He said, "Did I not tell you that you will not be able to endure with me?"

73 He said, "Do not rebuke me for forgetting, and do not make my course difficult for me."

74 Then they set out. Until, when they encountered a boy, he killed him. He said, "Did you kill a pure soul, who killed no one? You have done something terrible."

75 He said, "Did I not tell you that you will not be able to endure with me?"

76 He said, "If I ask you about anything after this, then do not keep company with me. You have received excuses from me."

77 So they set out. Until, when they reached the people of a town, they asked them for food, but they refused to offer them hospitality. There they found a wall about to collapse, and he repaired it. He said, "If you wanted, you could have obtained a payment for it."

78 He said, "This is the parting between you and me. I will tell you the interpretation of what you were unable to endure.

79 As for the boat, it belonged to paupers working at sea. I wanted to damage it because there was a king coming after them seizing every boat by force.

80 As for the boy, his parents were believers, and we feared he would overwhelm them with oppression and disbelief.

81 So we wanted their Lord to replace him with someone better in purity, and closer to mercy.

82 And as for the wall, it belonged to two orphaned boys in the town. Beneath it was a treasure that belonged to them. Their father was a righteous man. Your Lord wanted them to reach their maturity, and then extract their treasure-as a mercy from your Lord. I did not do it of my own accord. This is the interpretation of what you were unable to endure."

http://www.quranful.com/

Last edited by MohammedShamim; March 15, 2016 at 03:45 PM..
Old March 6, 2016, 04:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Salaam Shamim,
(For your post one) Sura Yusuf (Joseph) is #12 Sura. And the part you left out is even better.

#19 is Marium (Mary)
Old March 6, 2016, 01:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Careful careful.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 7, 2016, 09:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Careful careful.
Thank you, I had two tabs open, Surah Maryam and Yusuf, just got the numbers wrong, corrected.
Old March 13, 2016, 04:31 PM
Banned

Zul- Qarnain- helpful/powerful leader and blessed servant of Allah (Surah Kahf, chapter 18)

83 And they ask you about Zul-Qarnain. Say, "I will tell you something about him."

84 We established him on earth, and gave him all kinds of means.

85 He pursued a certain course.

86 Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, he found it setting in a murky spring, and found a people in its vicinity. We said, "O Zul-Qarnain, you may either inflict a penalty, or else treat them kindly."

87 He said, "As for him who does wrong, we will penalize him, then he will be returned to his Lord, and He will punish him with an unheard-of torment.

88 "But as for him who believes and acts righteously, he will have the finest reward, and We will speak to him of Our command with ease."

89 Then he pursued a course.

90 Until, when he reached the rising of the sun, he found it rising on a people for whom We had provided no shelter from it.

91 And so it was. We had full knowledge of what he had.

92 Then he pursued a course.

93 Until, when he reached the point separating the two barriers, he found beside them a people who could barely understand what is said.

94 They said, "O Zul-Qarnain, the Gog and Magog are spreading chaos in the land. Can we pay you, to build between us and them a wall?"

95 He said, "What my Lord has empowered me with is better. But assist me with strength, and I will build between you and them a dam."

96 "Bring me blocks of iron." So that, when he had leveled up between the two cliffs, he said, "Blow." And having turned it into a fire, he said, "Bring me tar to pour over it."

97 So they were unable to climb it, and they could not penetrate it.

98 He said, "This is a mercy from my Lord. But when the promise of my Lord comes true, He will turn it into rubble, and the promise of my Lord is always true."

99 On that Day, We will leave them surging upon one another. And the Trumpet will be blown, and We will gather them together.

100 On that Day, We will present the disbelievers to Hell, all displayed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RUIhR4Lr3w (Arabic recitation with English translation)

Additional note: Zulqarnain is an Arabic name for boys that means “possessor of two horns”. It is the name of a king or military leader mentioned in Surat al-Kahf (chapter 18 of the Quran). It is unclear why he was named such.

Last edited by MohammedShamim; March 15, 2016 at 03:48 PM..
Old March 15, 2016, 04:01 PM
Banned

The Backbiter (Surah Al-Humazah, 104) : Important issues in daily life.

In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful.

1 Woe to every slanderer backbiter.

2 Who gathers wealth and counts it over.

3 Thinking that his wealth has made him immortal.

4 By no means. He will be thrown into the Crusher.

5 And what will make you realize what the Crusher is?

6 God's kindled Fire.

7 That laps to the hearts.

8 It closes in on them.

9 In extended columns.
Old March 20, 2016, 03:08 PM
Banned

Surah Luqman (Chapter 31)- Duty to parents and Command of God (part of Surah) (http://www.quranful.com/)

12 We endowed Luqman with wisdom: "Give thanks to God." Whoever is appreciative-is appreciative for the benefit of his own soul. And whoever is unappreciative-God is Sufficient and Praiseworthy.

13 When Luqman said to his son, as he advised him, "O my son, do not associate anything with God, for idolatry is a terrible wrong."

14 We have entrusted the human being with the care of his parents. His mother carried him through hardship upon hardship, weaning him in two years. So give thanks to Me, and to your parents. To Me is the destination.

15 But if they strive to have you associate with Me something of which you have no knowledge, do not obey them. But keep them company in this life, in kindness, and follow the path of him who turns to Me. Then to Me is your return; and I will inform you of what you used to do.

16 "O my son, even if it were the weight of a mustard-seed, in a rock, or in the heavens, or on earth, God will bring it to light. God is Kind and Expert.

17 O my son, observe the prayer, advocate righteousness, forbid evil, and be patient over what has befallen you. These are of the most honorable traits.

18 And do not treat people with arrogance, nor walk proudly on earth. God does not love the arrogant showoffs.

19 And moderate your stride, and lower your voice. The most repulsive of voices is the donkey's voice."
Old March 28, 2016, 01:09 PM
Banned

Promise Of Prophet Muhammad PBUH to Christians Everywhere (Show respect)

“This is a message from Muhammad, son of Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them.

Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.

No compulsion is to be on them. Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries.

No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims’ houses.

Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God’s covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate.

No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight. The Muslims are to fight for them. If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray.

Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants.

No one of the nation of (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world).”

http://newsrescue.com/letter-to-all-...#axzz44DqtPDk6
Old March 29, 2016, 04:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedShamim
Promise Of Prophet Muhammad PBUH to Christians Everywhere (Show respect)

“This is a message from Muhammad, son of Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them.

Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.

No compulsion is to be on them. Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries.

No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims’ houses.

Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God’s covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate.

No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight. The Muslims are to fight for them. If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray.

Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants.

No one of the nation of (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world).”

http://newsrescue.com/letter-to-all-...#axzz44DqtPDk6
Thanks for sharing this. A very timely reminder in light of the recent events in Glasgow in particular.
Old April 17, 2016, 02:42 PM
Banned

Surah Az-Zalzalah (The Earthquake):

In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful.

1 When the earth is shaken with its quake.

2 And the earth brings out its loads.

3 And man says, "What is the matter with it?"

4 On that Day, it will tell its tales.

5 For your Lord will have inspired it.

6 On that Day, the people will emerge in droves, to be shown their works.

7 Whoever has done an atom's weight of good will see it.

8 And whoever has done an atom's weight of evil will see it.
Old April 25, 2016, 03:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Another professor and a Gay activist killed in the name of religion!!!

For how long are we going to deny the problem with how the religious teaching is conducted in Bangladesh...
When will we ever have the guts to come out in the street and protest the murder of person irrespective of him being Gay or Atheist? I do not see any religious person ever protesting the brutal killing.... there is always a "BUT".. (I am sorry he is dead BUT " insert some filthy logic here) . Please protest for crying out loud ...
Old April 25, 2016, 03:39 PM
Cricket Savant

I share your frustration. But I don't think it was necessary to usurp this thread.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 25, 2016, 06:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
I share your frustration. But I don't think it was necessary to usurp this thread.
Like I said... there is always a "BUT"...

have a nice day... enjoy the Dark Ages
Old April 26, 2016, 08:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Tonmoy bhai, please open a new thread to discuss blogger killing or post in relevant thread. We all know what you are doing. Don't be a pathetic loser. Good luck in life with those attitude.

Any shred of decency or intelligence have been missing from this forum a long time. Also you are violating some sort of forum rules...
Old April 26, 2016, 04:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Tonmoy bhai, please open a new thread to discuss blogger killing or post in relevant thread. We all know what you are doing. Don't be a pathetic loser. Good luck in life with those attitude.

Any shred of decency or intelligence have been missing from this forum a long time. Also you are violating some sort of forum rules...
Please explain what I am doing??
Ignorance is Bliss...
And I have not even once disagreed with the OP or his statement..
All I am asking is for the sensible people who are scholars of religion to protest against it... unless I am wrong to make that request and there are justifications to such brutality..

Not sure how I am breaking any forum rules while you are calling me a "Pathetic loser" ...
Neither do I need nor do I want your blessing... Lastly this means a lot to me since I have been vocal outside the country for the rights of Gay people and I guess I do need luck with my attitude because people like yourself is out there to kill me.
Old April 26, 2016, 05:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
. Lastly this means a lot to me since I have been vocal outside the country for the rights of Gay people and I guess I do need luck with my attitude because people like yourself is out there to kill me.
haha.. see this is what I mean. Just talking nonsense. Do you know me or have any idea about me? Your accusations are libel my friend. I have been in this forum for a long time.. you should read some of my posts. BUt i will let it slide because I consider you a troll until proven otherwise.

I am glad you stood up for Gay people. But it's also time to not be a sore loser and be an instagator. There is nothing wrong in asking people to protest it... One doesn't need to ask... Most ppl we know are upset about this. This is not the Bangladesh people faught for.

Problem is you bringing up a thread dedicated to Islam and Quran, where not a single post contained anything about killing, terrorism or anything but you thought it was fitting to put a post of blogger killing in this thread.

This shows your mal intent. that's all. I think it would be better if you open a thread of its own... and keep things relevant instead of being an instagator. If you don't see what you are doing, intentionally or unintentionally - then I am sorry, you are just an idiot... and that's how fights start... two idiots from different spectrum thinking their belief system is superior. I call them the low level, uneducated bickering...

It is great to stand up for those without a voice. For you, currently you feel Gay people do not have that. In todays world, peace loving Muslims do not have a voice either, it has been taken away. Maybe you should stand up for them as well instead of pointing fingers.

Be part of a solution, not a problem.
Old April 26, 2016, 05:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Happy birthday Zunaid!!

Old April 26, 2016, 05:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Yeah let's all go ahead and dump everything not related to OP here. :p

Old April 26, 2016, 05:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Happy birthday Zunaid!!
LOL
Old April 26, 2016, 05:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
haha.. see this is what I mean. Just talking nonsense. Do you know me or have any idea about me? Your accusations are libel my friend. I have been in this forum for a long time.. you should read some of my posts. BUt i will let it slide because I consider you a troll until proven otherwise.

I am glad you stood up for Gay people. But it's also time to not be a sore loser and be an instagator. There is nothing wrong in asking people to protest it... One doesn't need to ask... Most ppl we know are upset about this. This is not the Bangladesh people faught for.

Problem is you bringing up a thread dedicated to Islam and Quran, where not a single post contained anything about killing, terrorism or anything but you thought it was fitting to put a post of blogger killing in this thread.

This shows your mal intent. that's all. I think it would be better if you open a thread of its own... and keep things relevant instead of being an instagator. If you don't see what you are doing, intentionally or unintentionally - then I am sorry, you are just an idiot... and that's how fights start... two idiots from different spectrum thinking their belief system is superior. I call them the low level, uneducated bickering...

It is great to stand up for those without a voice. For you, currently you feel Gay people do not have that. In todays world, peace loving Muslims do not have a voice either, it has been taken away. Maybe you should stand up for them as well instead of pointing fingers.

Be part of a solution, not a problem.

If you wznt to impart your wisdom to the masses than I suggest you stop calling people names..... the fact that you cannot finish a sentence without cursing me and than have the nerves to blame my attitude.

The reason I brought it up in this thread and I still think it is the ideal thread to discuss is because, I believe the scholars of the religion who are trying to promote the message of peace would do a better job if they can protest such brutality.

There is no point in being the voice for muslims in a Bangladeshi thread since the majority here are muslims and we all sympathise with that. I will gladly be a muslim voice if in a non-muslim country they are being persecuted. I hope u understand the logic.

Finally I am urging people to protest...How is that instigating? Please explain... If anything you are the one who is adamant to start some kind of fight by labelling me as some form of islamophobe.. (my whole family is muslim btw and devoted ones and neither me or any of my immediate relatives are gay )... I see nothing wrong in asking people to condemn such action with scholarly reference, isnt that what this thread is all about?
Old April 26, 2016, 05:58 PM
Cricket Savant

acha hoise... misunderstanding ei r ki... ekhane shobar eto ragoner kisu nai.. not ragnarok