facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 12, 2016, 12:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Default BDwmn t20 wc Matches Discussion

BD women's team is playing their first game on the 15th against India. Hope our tigress play well in that match and also throughout the tournament. Best of luck!

Old March 12, 2016, 01:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

All the best, BD women team.
Play strong, Jahanara Alam and the gang.
Old March 12, 2016, 06:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Thank you dear Ma-o-Mati bhaiya for this thread.

BD Womn are playing the Irish Womn right now in the warm up match.
Irish Women - 79/9 - 20 overs...rr. 3.70
All rounder Rumana Ahmed 4 overs, 12 runs, 4 wickets!
Jahanara Alam, Salma Khatun, Lata Mondal, Nahida Akter and Khadij Tul Kubra 1 wkt each.
Superb bowling by BD.

BD women currently batting at 45/1 after 8 overs...30 needed from 14 overs...
Old March 12, 2016, 06:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Dear mod and admin brothers, please sticky this thread! Thank you all in advance.
Old March 12, 2016, 06:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Opener Sharmin Akhter on 23..1st down Sanjida Islam on 10.
Old March 12, 2016, 06:47 AM
Cricket Savant

BD 53/2 after 10 overs....Sanjida's gone for 10.
22 needed from 60 balls.
Old March 12, 2016, 06:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Very slow updates on cricinfo.

After 12 overs, BD Women 72/2.....super!
3 runs needed from 48 balls.
Old March 12, 2016, 06:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Let's go tigersssss and of course, jahanara alam
Old March 12, 2016, 07:03 AM
Cricket Savant

May it be a warm up match, congrats BD Women!

BE Women won by 8 wickets with 44 balls to spare. BD r.r. 6.32.
Sharmin Akhter 36* from 34 balls (5 fours)
Skipper Ayasha Rahman 11 from 16 balls (2 fours)
Sanjida Islam 10 from 13 balls
Jahanara Alam 16 from 9 balls (1 six and 2 fours)
Old March 12, 2016, 07:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Let's go tigersssss and of course, jahanara alam
My dear Aklemalp, for the WC T20, BCB made Ayasha Rahman the skipper. But nonetheless your heartthrob Jahanara Alam blasted in batting, forming to be a good all-rounder for BD....just observing from this match, BD women improved on batting a lot, may the Lord bless them.

Jahanara Alam blasted a 6 to score the winning run!

BD women final score 79/2 after 12.3 overs in response to The Irish Women's 74/9 full 20 overs.

Last edited by bujhee kom; March 13, 2016 at 06:53 PM..
Old March 12, 2016, 07:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Good warmup win for the girls.

Jahanara Alam winning it in style
Old March 12, 2016, 03:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Good warmup win for the girls.

Jahanara Alam winning it in style
Aklemalp bhaiya, for some reason cricinfo showing Ayasha Rahman as the BD Women team captain in the warm match against Ireland this morning. Maybe she is standing in for some reason when Jahanara Alam was playing or maybe cricinfo just screwed up.

But here in the photo below Jahanara is shown with the cup with three other captains in this Women T20 WC. I am posting this pic for you, man! On another note, our Jahanara looks much taller than the other 3 captains!

Team captains Shashikala Siriwardene (Sri Lanka), Mithali Raj (India), Isobel Joyce (Ireland) and Jahanara Alam (Bangladesh) pose with the Women's World T20 trophy in Bangalore on Wednesday © PTI

Photo courtesy: cricinfo
Link:http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-wome...es/901361.html
Old March 12, 2016, 04:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Dear mod and admin brothers, please sticky this thread! Thank you all in advance.
Mod/Admin dadas, if you guys come to this thread, please, very kindly make this thread sticky.

This is the first time in Bangladesh's history of cricket, our Women team is taking part in a World Cup with all the top teams of the world. And they started their journey with an 8 wickets, 45 balls remaining crushing win against Ireland in today's warm up match. Whether it is a warm-up or a tournament match, a match is a match and at this professional level all match is "competetive", and our super young team WON! In my book it's just beyond awesome! Also, this is probably the very first time our team defeated an European team. Our cricket and we have good days ahead of us, Insha Allah!

For our team's sake, please make this thread sticky.
Old March 12, 2016, 04:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Our bowling is good, We have good spinners and medium pace bowlers in our team. We can challange a lot of teams with our bowling today. Our batting was a thing of concern before. But, recently, our batting also started to click and improve. We started to have pinch hitters and genuine stroke players now. We started to score more rapidly with our top orders and getting those boundaries. Even our skipper Jahanara Alam hits 6s, which was only a dream for me from our players in the past. We are rapidly growing in our cricketing culture and as a cricket nation. Our women team no longer depends on a one person show of the great Salma Khatun NO MORE. The burden gets shared and it is well distributed within the team now. We have several top performers and all-rounders in the team now. And most importantly these girls are performing consistantly.

I am so very proud of our women team. I sincerely pray for them and wish them all the best from the deepest fo my heart. Today I am a 45 years old guy whose mother died in her mid 60s. I wish my mom was a cricketer or my late older sister was a cricketer. I see my my mom and my sister in the faces, in the sublime energy of these girls. Our team, these athletes are indeed our mothers and sisters. We are indeed very fortunate.
Old March 12, 2016, 04:33 PM
Cricket Savant

BD Women team WC match schedule:

Tuesday March 15, 2016 - 15:30 local (10:00 GMT | 06:00 EDT | 05:00 CDT | 03:00 PDT)
1st Match, Group B - India Women v Bangladesh Women M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore - D/N

Thursday March 17, 2016 - 15:30 local (10:00 GMT | 06:00 EDT | 05:00 CDT | 03:00 PDT)
4th Match, Group B - Bangladesh Women v England Women M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore - D/N

Sunday March 20, 2016 - 15:30 local (10:00 GMT | 06:00 EDT | 05:00 CDT | 03:00 PDT)
8th Match, Group B - Bangladesh Women v West Indies Women MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai - D/N

Thursday Mar 24, 2016
- 19:30 local (14:00 GMT | 10:00 EDT | 09:00 CDT | 07:00 PDT)
15th Match, Group B - Bangladesh Women v Pakistan Women Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi - D/N

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-wome...plate=fixtures
Old March 12, 2016, 04:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Aklemalp bhaiya, for some reason cricinfo showing Ayasha Rahman as the BD Women team captain in the warm match against Ireland this morning. Maybe she is standing in for some reason when Jahanara Alam was playing or maybe cricinfo just screwed up.

But here in the photo below Jahanara is shown with the cup with three other captains in this Women T20 WC. I am posting this pic for you, man! On another note, our Jahanara looks much taller than the other 3 captains!

Team captains Shashikala Siriwardene (Sri Lanka), Mithali Raj (India), Isobel Joyce (Ireland) and Jahanara Alam (Bangladesh) pose with the Women's World T20 trophy in Bangalore on Wednesday © PTI

Photo courtesy: cricinfo
Link:http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-wome...es/901361.html

I still think that Jahanara ALam is the captain...

I posted in What's on Your Mind thread about it..post#2966. She looks tall, or maybe her competitors are diminutive.

But checking the squads for the women's world cup, I did find that she's listed as captain. So cricinfo might have made a blunder. This is the Bangladesh squad:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-wome...es/901361.html
Old March 12, 2016, 04:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Mod/Admin dadas, if you guys come to this thread, please, very kindly make this thread sticky.

This is the first time in Bangladesh's history of cricket, our Women team is taking part in a World Cup with all the top teams of the world. And they started their journey with an 8 wickets, 45 balls remaining crushing win against Ireland in today's warm up match. Whether it is a warm-up or a tournament match, a match is a match and at this professional level all match is "competetive", and our super young team WON! In my book it's just beyond awesome! Also, this is probably the very first time our team defeated an European team. Our cricket and we have good days ahead of us, Insha Allah!

I 2nd this.
Old March 13, 2016, 01:35 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib

Quote:

Very good post.
I believe our women team previously beat Ireland in Bangladesh and by beating them we got our ODI status.
Old March 13, 2016, 01:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Out of the four captains, only BD captain looks like an athlete. Superb!
Old March 13, 2016, 01:25 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

First game against India will be live on TV
Old March 14, 2016, 06:24 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Don't know how to embed this, but the preview to the World Cup campaign of our Women's team: http://www.icc-cricket.com/world-t20...-icc-world-t20
Old March 14, 2016, 07:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Don't know how to embed this, but the preview to the World Cup campaign of our Women's team: http://www.icc-cricket.com/world-t20...-icc-world-t20
Thank you my dearest Navo! That was awsome!!!

I am so proud of our girls....Most of our team come from Khulna! They speak with such fluency, freedom and with such confidence. They have great command over the English language, I must say! A lot better than many of our boys from the national team over the years!
Old March 14, 2016, 08:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Default Bangladesh Women hungry for big-event exposure

Bangladesh Women hungry for big-event exposure

By Shashank Kishore

Bangladesh will be playing their second straight World T20, and have surprised Sri Lanka in the past. But the jarring truth is that they haven't played enough cricket in the build-up to the upcoming global tournament

Jahanara Alam: "Right now, we are playing districts and division matches, and against Zimbabwe and Ireland. If we play more regularly, we can be a better team" © ICC/Getty Images

Quote:
As Tamim Iqbal waltzed his way to a century in Dharamsala to give Bangladesh an entry into the Super 10s stage of the World T20, 15 women and their support staff were glued to their television sets at the team hotel in Bangalore. After the match was won, there was a celebratory dinner that encapsulated the mood of the entire nation.

It was a throwback to 2014 in Sylhet, where Bangladesh Women let their hair down and celebrated their win over Sri Lanka, their first and only win at the World T20. The win that was witnessed by over 10,000 fans in Sylhet was followed by a fashion show and fireworks display at the team hotel. But opportunities to celebrate wins like those have been far and few, as the team has hardly had any international exposure since then.

Bangladesh will be playing their second straight World T20. In 2014, they secured a direct entry by virtue of being the hosts, but this time around, the team went through a qualifying round in Thailand in November 2015, and sealed their berth along with Ireland in the 10-team event. But the jarring truth is that they haven't played enough cricket in the build-up to the upcoming tournament.

Their last international match, before the WT20 Qualifiers, was in Pakistan in October 2015. South Africa's limited-overs tour of Bangladesh was cancelled on security grounds in November, while the Under-19 World Cup in January and February meant they had to make do with training sessions under the purview of their own districts.

Makeshift grounds, matting wickets and matches with Under-16 boys can hardly replace the kind of experience they would get by playing the top teams. And the ICC's ongoing Women's Championship, where the top eight teams play each other over a two-year period to identify four direct entries to the 2017 World Cup, means opportunities continue to remain far and few for Bangladesh.

"That win will be very special, but we haven't been able to play too many matches. I'm hopeful of doing something like that here too," says Jahanara Alam, the Bangladesh captain, as she reminisces a win that catapulted the team into stardom. "People were garlanding us, celebrating it like we had won a World Cup. Visitors kept coming home for weeks after that. Now, we will be playing on television at a big event for the first time, and everyone is excited. Other teams are stronger than us, but we are still representing a passionate set of followers back home, and a win or two here will make us superstars."

Prior to their World T20 win, Bangladesh's only claim to fame was their medal-winning performance at the 2010 Asian Games in Guangzhou, where they narrowly missed the gold medal after being outclassed by Pakistan in a close contest. India's non-participation made it easier, but the weight of that achievement brought them recognition and funding.

In 2011, they finished fifth, above Ireland at the qualifiers for the 2013 World Cup. While they narrowly missed out on an entry into the biggest stage in India, their ODI status was formally sealed, four years after the team came into existence. ODI status brought with it the need to bring up the team to acceptable standards. It was around then that Mamatha Maben, the former India captain, was made head coach. She later went on to become technical director of the BCB women's wing.

"Naturally, they were all athletic, which was surprising," Maben says. "What they lacked was exposure outside Dhaka. Facilities weren't up to the mark at the smaller centres, the players did not have physios or trainers to monitor them. They had to look after themselves and train with modest facilities. Some came through despite that, others couldn't sustain."

Jahanara, who was yet to make her international debut when the team got ODI status, was one among those who made a switch. She had already represented her districts in volleyball and was on the brink of national selection, when she decided to become a bowler. It was a decision she doesn't regret, even though she feels the sport has a long way to go in the country.

"I used to play volleyball and handball, but chose cricket because of the following it gained 2007, where the men's team qualified for the second round [in the World Cup]. Since the time I started playing, there has been a steady increase in enrollments at our academy. Right now, we are playing districts and division matches, and against Zimbabwe and Ireland. If we play more regularly, we can be a better team."

To give the players more match time, the BCB introduced a first-division league with eight teams in 2014. Six months later, a districts competition with 14 teams was introduced. Apart from a domestic league, the BCB introduced retainers to the top players. Under the scheme, five top players in Grade A take home a salary of BDT 30,000 a month, while those in Grade B and C draw 20,000 and 10,000 respectively.

"From 400, there are nearly 1500 girls playing cricket now, but the number is still far less than other countries," says Awal Chaudhary, the BCB women's wing director. "Football is popular; athletics scene is improving slowly, so our challenge is to ensure girls are not leaving the game after two-three years of cricket. The Bangladesh Cricket Board has pumped in more money into the women's wing, but so far our efforts of playing the top eight haven't been economically viable. But it is an ongoing process. Our first aim is to break into the top eight of the rankings, which we can hopefully achieve by qualifying for the 2017 World Cup."

Shashank Kishore is a senior sub-editor at ESPNcricinfo

© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.
...Please read article at cricinfo.com

Link: http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-wome...ry/982761.html
Old March 17, 2016, 08:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Highly impressed with their efforts ! This English side is one of the best and scoring almost run a ball is a good effort. All they need is now matches in regular basis.