facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 8, 2005, 03:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Realistic ODI expectations for this series

Here are my expectations:

An average score of 175 per game.

Atleast one score of 225+ against england.

Atleast one score of 200+ against Australia.

Atleast one fifty on an average per match.

Atleast one 3-for on an average per match.

Atleast one 4-fer in the series.

Atleast one knock of 75+ in the series.

Batting for full 50 overs atleast half the time.

Staying competitive atleast midway until the second inning.

Staying competitive until the last 5 overs atleast once.

Atleast one scare to teh opposition (most likely England).

Atleast Bashar should get advance blessings from Pagla Baba this time around.

Old June 8, 2005, 03:49 PM
ODI Cricketer

The thing for Bangladesh is the bowling.

I have said this before, if you bowl like you did in the test series you will be carted for 360 if England or Australia bat first.
Old June 8, 2005, 03:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
Here are my expectations:

Atleast one 3-for on an average per match.

Atleast one 4-fer in the series.
What is that?
Old June 8, 2005, 03:56 PM
Club Cricketer

I got a feeling that bangladesh will bowl well this time in oneday game. From our past record i think most of the time we bowled well then bat. I wud say the main reason to bowl badly in the test series was beacuse of young and inexperience of the condition. Now we have some experience bowlers, and just hoping to do well in oneday and get at least a surprise win.
Old June 8, 2005, 03:56 PM
Cricket Legend

3/4-for wks in a match, he meant.
Old June 8, 2005, 03:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by rob22888
if you bowl like you did in the test series you will be carted for 360 if England or Australia bat first.
We brought two defensive medium pacers for the oneday series- Khaled Mahmud and Nazmul Hossain. Also on slow pitches, Manjurul Islam Rana, an SLA, is very effective to check runs. Let us see if they make any difference.
Old June 8, 2005, 03:59 PM
Banned

Expectation ( not a wish):

Our second ODI century from Aftab.
Old June 8, 2005, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by billah

Good one and NOT unlikely.

And here is my wish - Rafique reverts to his looping deliveries rather than the faster almost medium pace like deliveries and arm balls. When he does the later he is most ineffective - consider the most recent away tour to Zimbabwe.
Old June 8, 2005, 04:08 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:

Since it's an "expectation' from a BD player, it's highly unlikely to happen in reality
Old June 8, 2005, 04:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

I am afraid that may ruin the rest of his career, he is already floating in the air after the last innings. Sorry to be so pessimistic, but careers of our young guns tend to take nose dives after few good innings (Hannan's after Australia tour, Opee after WC'99, not to mention Ashraful after every century or fifty he scores)

Anyway, I hope Pilot will get couple of fifties this time.
Old June 8, 2005, 04:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher
I hope not. Beacuse I think thats a bad sign. That means most likely the top 5 will flunk. I hope Pilot hit some quick 25 (not out)
Old June 8, 2005, 04:16 PM
Banned

Quote:

I have said this before, if you bowl like you did in the test series you will be carted for 360 if England or Australia bat first.
Based on our England tour so far, your assumptions would be correct. However, if you follow the last 4 years of our cricket history, you will see that our bowling came of age, sometimes unexpectedly, better than our batting.

I remember last time we played NZ, they commented on our having no strike bowlers. Both of our top pacers were sidelined with injuries while the younger pacers were still with U-19. Since then, Mashrafee came back with a bang. He was MOM in his first ODI back against India (we won that one) for taking wickets and scoring slog runs.

Rafiq's strike rate, economy is among the best in the world, and it is THE best among leading SLAs of the world. He has 68 kills from 20 Test matches with a 2.58 econ.. Enamul is a rising star, still young but with undoubted potential. His stats also are astonishing, 24 scalps from 5 test matches with 2.8 econ. You have not seen Enamul bowl in the tests here.

Bangladesh is producing enough new bowlers of good variety where the coach can pick & chose from a selection. The team needs to analyze as to why they did not perform in this last series. Funny thing is that none of our bowlers did. But on the average, the bowling department met or beat our expectation, specially for the last year, until this last series.

Now, Bangladesh batting, what can I say, it's a whole diffrent kind of agony. I don't know when they will come out and bat to their true potential.
Old June 8, 2005, 04:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher
I hope not. Beacuse I think thats a bad sign. That means most likely the top 5 will flunk. I hope Pilot hit some quick 25 (not out)
Hummm, that's possible..........

But, we can avoid that happening by promoting him inside first five. Which will also insure he will be there to calm downs cry babies on the other end right after Mr. Dependable, JO, returns to the pavalion .
Old June 8, 2005, 04:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

The thing that surpirses me is ashraful

When going good he can score runs in two modes. Get a couple of boundaries to get on the board and then he takes singles until he reaches score around 35-40 and then he just gos for boundaries.

The other way is chipping vs zim,I remember he had a score of 37 with only 2 boundaries.

But when he's going bad he takes balls that he can get singles on and then goes for an impossible six.
He seems to forget about taking singles and letting the boundaries come to him.
Old June 8, 2005, 04:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

mahmud is not a defensive medium pacer...nazmul is, and even babu, but not chacha.

chacha is here cuz he has tricks up his sleaves. he can go for 6 an over but if he takes 3 wickets off 6-7 overs thats still figures of what, 3-40. not bad at all.
Old June 8, 2005, 05:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Both End & Aus will attack us with lots of slip cordon.So it will be not that easy as we are think,just hope for the best!!!
Old June 8, 2005, 08:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by ejaj_a
I got a feeling that bangladesh will bowl well this time in oneday game. From our past record i think most of the time we bowled well then bat. I wud say the main reason to bowl badly in the test series was beacuse of young and inexperience of the condition. Now we have some experience bowlers, and just hoping to do well in oneday and get at least a surprise win.
jaihok,
joy pabo kina shai bepare kintu bola jachhe na. tobe asha korbo boling ta bhalo hobe test match ar theke karon boling a kintu akhon jog hobe shai chacha.
Old June 8, 2005, 08:31 PM
Cricket Legend

jaihok,
asha korbo ontoto proti match a jeno akjon boler ebong akjon batsman bhalo perform kore. taholeo kintu ete kore kichuta shantona khuje pawa jabe. dhannabad.
Old June 8, 2005, 08:37 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:

I believe if bangladesh goes for its strength of bowling instead of what the condition requires, the bowling will be much better. With australia, god bless us. there is nothing really we can do. But against england, if we go with a spin heavy attack there is a big chance of causing upset. Sujon might coming handy in the games but i think only way to get him in the team is instead of taposh. since munir is already off to bd, we will have at least one change. hopefully that will be rana. with this bowling attack, we can cause some real trouble for england on OUR DAY.
Old June 8, 2005, 08:44 PM
Cricket Legend

jaihok,
amar mone hoi oneday te amader uchit variation niye boling kora. orthat ami mone kori je ashraful, aftab, mashrafee, chacha, rana, rafique, taposh eder shobar boling kora uchit. tahole kintu ora kichuta holeo tal gol pakay felbe.
Old June 8, 2005, 09:06 PM
Test Cricketer

well , i would rather put it as fantasy than expectation. I dont expect anyting from our players now.. but. yes.. in my fantasy.. I expect them to beat Aussie. anyay.. let see. what does BD actually perfrom.
Old June 8, 2005, 09:22 PM
Cricket Legend

I think we will play better against Australia , not England. Australia are more likely to field an experimental side than England.

Edited on, June 9, 2005, 2:24 AM GMT, by oracle.
Old June 8, 2005, 09:25 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

rob! I think both the English and the Aussies will find Nazmul Hossain and Khaled Mahmud Sujon particularly hard to get away. Murtaza, Tapash and Rafique are also very good ODI bowlers. Ask the Kiwis about Aftab's ODI bowling abilities. So I am expecting a totally different ODI bowling performance from the boys. And prepare to be stunned with some electric fielding from Rajin and Aftab! To be honest I am quite excited about the ODI series. And I think in terms of an upset our best shot may be England since they may just be underestimating our ODI abilities after the test series.

Edited on, June 9, 2005, 2:27 AM GMT, by pompous.
Old June 8, 2005, 11:14 PM
First Class Cricketer

Please remember what were the expectations before the Asia Cup and the ICC and what was the actual outcome.

Here also, it will be a case of similar optimism and similar outcome.
Old June 8, 2005, 11:19 PM
Cricket Legend

true we didnt perform upto our ability in asia cup or ICC but things have changed a lot. we are much better now with more confidence.