facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 3, 2005, 06:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Default dont we have a stretcher?

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/bangl...ge/217897.html

i have never seen such pic in international match......look at the way nazmul was taken away after he wasinjured....pura changdula kore niye jachcha......quite embarrassing for him.....
don't we have even single folded stretcher? and how about in premadasa stadium.... don't they have any ppl do so such job?? ..........

Old September 3, 2005, 06:14 AM
Cricket Legend

That is an interesting point. We always see players being carried out in a stretcher in football/soccer games. I'm not sure if I have ever seen one on a cricket field.

Old September 3, 2005, 11:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

the stadium people should have stratcher not the team... it was srilanks fault they didn't provide any stratecher not ours
Old September 3, 2005, 01:11 PM
Street Cricketer

Poor management by SL cricket. Unbelievable. Who can blame them anyway? They are poor. I hope Bangladesh have better facilities in their fields.
Old September 3, 2005, 02:06 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Bengal Tiger
Poor management by SL cricket. Unbelievable. Who can blame them anyway? They are poor. I hope Bangladesh have better facilities in their fields.
they are poor, have less people and are very small country yet they have a better cricket team then us.
Old September 3, 2005, 02:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Srilanka is a poor country . Noone thinks about it as yet . When the players can be taken just like that , then they don't need the strecher at all .
Old September 3, 2005, 02:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Nearly all Sri Lankan economic and social indicators are better than ours. Compared to Bangladesh, Sri Lanka is not poor at all.
Old September 3, 2005, 04:07 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

what has a stretcher got to do with being a rich or poor country?! Did you know that in terms of literacy and per capita income Sri Lanka is the richest country in South Asia? Do you think BCB can afford a stretcher in in Bangladesh? I hope you realise our per capita income is almost half that of Sri Lanka. Please do your research for you will otherwise keep embarassing yourself and everyone else here. That said, its high time cricket stadia around the world made arrangements for stretchers during match time.

Quote:
Originally posted by ReckmyBack
Srilanka is a poor country . Noone thinks about it as yet . When the players can be taken just like that , then they don't need the strecher at all .
Old September 3, 2005, 04:10 PM
Club Cricketer

It appears to be purely lack of respect for our players/team.
if it was any other player from a test playing nation, a stretcher would have been sent out without any doubts.
Old September 3, 2005, 04:13 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

May be I haven't watched enough matches, but I have never seen a stretcher used on a cricket field. A case in point would be the picture in the first post of this thread. I believe that is of the test in Chittagong where Mashrafee broke down for the second time. If it is a matter of respect, then we need to respect our own players first.

Quote:
Originally posted by deshpremi
It appears to be purely lack of respect for our players/team.
if it was any other player from a test playing nation, a stretcher would have been sent out without any doubts.
Old September 3, 2005, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally posted by deshpremi
i dont really remember watching a match where a cricketer was carried off on a stretcher. happens more often in soccer.
Old September 3, 2005, 04:27 PM
Club Cricketer

stretchers are used in cricket matches if the player concerned is unable to walk off the pitch himself.
in cricket matches, time wasting is a serious matter, so a stretcher is only a last resort.
after seeing the agony that Nazmul was in, i think he could have been afforded a little more dignity instead of being carried off the field like a wounded solder in a battle field.
Old September 3, 2005, 06:17 PM
First Class Cricketer

On the contrary, I think it is always a sign of strength to walk (and not be carried) off the field. Cricket isn't a full contact sport after all.
Old September 3, 2005, 06:21 PM
First Class Cricketer

Another point, Sri Lanka deserves our highest respects. They are a well educated and sophisticated people...characteristics that are evident from the way they have welcomed Bangladesh during this tour. Their players and critics have had plenty of encouraging things about our cricket and have gone into the tournament with nothing less than their strongest team...and that's a show of respect for our team.
Old September 3, 2005, 06:42 PM
Club Cricketer

Man We made a small matter too big. Just relax. And try respect our own if we learn to do that than we can repect others.
Old September 3, 2005, 07:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Michael Holding injured his hamstring in a one day world series cricket match against England at the MCG in 1987 in what turned out to be his last ODI. He was carried off the field and no stretcher was brought in. One of the carriers was Ian Botham who was just out.

I agree though, stretchers should be provided.
Old September 3, 2005, 08:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

a golf cart sor t of thing can be kept for emergencies like this
Old September 3, 2005, 10:07 PM
Test Cricketer

May be stretcher was provided but not take by the BD physio. It happens all the time. If the injured player says that he can walk it off, stretcher will be waved off.
Old September 3, 2005, 11:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

I've seen stretchers used several times, even in Sri Lanka. After Waugh and Gillespie collided in Kandy, Gillespie broke his leg and was carried off on a stretcher. At the 'Gabba when Simon Jones destroyed his knee in the outfield, again stretcher. When Matthew Elliott collided with Mark Waugh mid-pitch....stretcher.
Old September 4, 2005, 01:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: nadif chowdhury

And when Ganguly injured his back last year in an ODI against Pakistan IN pakistan, he was carried off the pitch in a stretcher..
Old September 4, 2005, 10:40 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by 6ALLTHEWAY
Quote:
they are poor, have less people and are very small country yet they have a better cricket team then us.
Not to mention they have literacy rate of 92.3%. 6ALLTHEWAY you are truly lame.
Old September 5, 2005, 05:18 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Zobair
what has a stretcher got to do with being a rich or poor country?! Did you know that in terms of literacy and per capita income Sri Lanka is the richest country in South Asia? Do you think BCB can afford a stretcher in in Bangladesh? I hope you realise our per capita income is almost half that of Sri Lanka. Please do your research for you will otherwise keep embarassing yourself and everyone else here. That said, its high time cricket stadia around the world made arrangements for stretchers during match time.

Quote:
Originally posted by ReckmyBack
I agree with Zobair. Sri Lanka is not so bad economically that we cannot afford a stretcher. Anyway, I simply don't know why stretchers are not used sometimes. Quite an interesting thing to ponder ! Stretchers were used when Gillespie and Steve Waugh collided in Kandy, badly injuring themselves. Whatever it is, it is not due to lack of resources or lack of respect for the Bangladeshi team. All visiting teams are given right royal treatment here. Most teams have said that the treatment that they had received here was the very best they had received anywhere in the world. It is the same with A teams touring Sri Lanka: they are treated the same way. It is due to traditional Sri Lankan hospitality.

Authorities around the world, including Sri Lanka should look at this situation and take corrective action.

Anyway, members here should not haste to accuse Sri Lanka of lack of respect or resources. That is not the reason.

If one talks to the Bangladeshi players and journalists touring Sri Lanka, the amount of respect we have for the Bangladeshi team will come to light.

Edited on, September 5, 2005, 10:37 AM GMT, by abherath.
Old September 5, 2005, 06:09 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Hatebreed
Quote:
Originally posted by 6ALLTHEWAY
Quote:
Not to mention they have literacy rate of 92.3%. 6ALLTHEWAY you are truly lame.
bro did u do ur research before making this comment, i am talking bout wealth and not literacy rate, although i know that sri lanka's is better.

bangladesh is a richer country then sri lanka in terms of econimical strenghth thats it.

my facts are from the CIA, world fact book 2005 edition:

GDP - Purchasing power of bangladesh - $275.7 billion (2004 est.)

GDP - Purchasing power of Sri lanka - $80.58 billion (2004 est.)

Budget for Bangladesh
revenues: $5.921 billion
expenditures: $8.262 billion

Budget for sri lanka
revenues: $3.34 billion
expenditures: $4.686 billion

The world rich list is meassured by GDP - Growth Domestic Product, so my only argument for that was in those terms BD is a richer country then sri lanka, im not saying anything against them, im saying that even with a lower economical rate & less people they have a better cricket team. that was my only case.

Edited on, September 5, 2005, 11:12 AM GMT, by 6ALLTHEWAY.

Edited on, September 5, 2005, 11:14 AM GMT, by 6ALLTHEWAY.
Old September 5, 2005, 08:43 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

6ALLTHEWAY! Are you majoring in economics? I hope not! Let me give you an example. Suppose your household makes 200 dollars a month and 20 family members, and suppose your neighboring household makes 100 dollars a month but has only two people. I think you can figure the rest out.
Old September 5, 2005, 08:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Zobair
6ALLTHEWAY! Are you majoring in economics? I hope not! Let me give you an example. Suppose your household makes 200 dollars a month and 20 family members, and suppose your neighboring household makes 100 dollars a month but has only two people. I think you can figure the rest out.
yes but u have any examples to suggest the difference between BD and SRI to prove that? or u jst gonna say? coz it can then apply in general.