facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 23, 2006, 08:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Report Card of First One Day

Another match, another honorable defeat. I am so much tired of this. Another 30 runs or a little bit tight bowling in the beginning this match might be ours. But this is the case always for the last few years. So this is my post mortem of this match. I am planning to do it for the nxt two and publish a final report card if time permit

SN B- (Played well till the ball got out. The ball there should have been send to the stands but error of judgment cost him)
RS C (I am really angry with him. His out is more Ash school of batting. Rajin –where was your cool head before playing. Bowled well considering he is a part-timer. D for Batting B- for Bowling)
Aftab B- (Played sensibly till fooled by Lee, but I think the shot was premeditated before he changed his mind, but too late)
Ash F ( Cause a runout, but nothing else. Enough has been said about his batting. The kid need a break)
Bash B+ (Only one of the top orders who wanted to be in the crease. He was not his fluent best but it was a dogged innings. Yes, his out was not best of the lot, but I would give him benefit because at that time he was trying to accelerate. Also one of the good day as captain. We always bash him for his captaincy, but today is the day for appreciation of his captaincy. I wish he was more attacking when 4 wickets fall in short span of time. A- for batting, B for captaincy)
Pilot B+ (Played at his usual standard. Out of a gem)
Rafiq A+ (There is not enough superlatives in my vocabulary to describe his bowling. If he was born in ffice:smarttags" />India, his name would have been spoken in the same breath with Warne, Murali and other greats. It is our batsmen who made us pray to get run from Rafiq. Today also there was some, I wish there is more.)
Mash F (This kid forgot how to bat. A new Ash in Making! I heard tht he got married, but my source could not confirm. If tht is true is he heading Nafis, Mushfiq school? It seems to me that he still has the nightmare of dropping Ponting)
Rajjak A (Bowled exceptionally well against Gilly onslaught. Proved me wrong. But I wish he was more sensible in Batting. 2 more overs stay in the crease, match might be ours )
Rasel F (Did not bowl half as good as his capability. May be frighten of Gilly ;drop a sitter which after the fight we have might turn the match in favor of us.)

So what are the changes. Alok in for Ash. Rajib for Russel. I want to give TI another chance to prove me wrong. No need to bring JO as many of us wanted in the match thread. Just tell Rajin to tell Rajin like not ashraful like

Old April 23, 2006, 08:23 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Another match, another honorable defeat.
it cannot be called an honorable defeat...honorable defeat is when AUS makes 400+ runs, and still loses because of SA's batting prowess...the batting performance on this series has been horrendous so far except that first day of the first test match...the batsmen haven't been able to put together two hundred runs...we'll keep on losing this way until our "talented batting line up" starts putting a price on their wicket and grow a backbone...
Old April 23, 2006, 08:45 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I have a quite diffrent thoughts in grading the players. (showing different grade in red color)

Rajin - F, No way he can get C. He completely wasted the start by playing rash shot. He forgot his responsibility. He was not sent as a pinch hitter rather to anchor the innings with some decent runs.

SN : C, He tried right shot but execution was wrong. Should have been more responsible after loss of Rajin.

Aftab : B, He played really well today. Made 30 odd run confidently without playing any rash shot. He got out in a well disguised slower. May be he was predetermined and a bit early in shot making.

Ashraful : F, (same as you), We can try him as an opener and let him play his aggressive natural play.

Bashar : B+, He was slow initially but took responsibility but got out in a vital time. He played a very good role as a captain, may be the best match as a captain. Selection of poser play, fielding set up, use of bowler was almost perfect. He should have brought spinners early during Gilly's slaughtering. (B for batting, A- for captaincy).

Tushar : B, Batting was not that bad but culprit of being out when required most. I am impressed with his part time bowling.

Pilot : B+ (same as you)

Rafiq : A- , We needed his contribution with bat but he missed out in a crucial occasion. He should have been around for more time as wicket was tumbling. Bowled superbly, unfortuante to remain wicketless. (A+ for bowling)

Razzak : A+, He really brought us back in the match. Bowled superbly and proved his inclusion is a right decision.

Mashrafee : C, He has not bowled that bad as his figure is suggesting. Its difficult to contain a batsman like Gilchrist on this wicket and when the target is mere 196. Gilchrist slogged his number of good deliveries. Took katich in a crucial time. I don't want to comment on his batting ( its a nightmare).

Rasel : F (same as you).

Thats my analysis, quite different from yours one.

Last edited by Miraz; April 23, 2006 at 10:09 AM.. Reason: Add Tushar's grade
Old April 23, 2006, 09:17 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Narail Express

i make more simple... highest rank/grd.. is A+.. n low.. F....
Rajjak, Rafiq get.. A
Rajin, Asraf00l get.. F
S.Nafees, Basher, Aftab get.. C+ [cuz.. S.Nafees out ws controversial]
Pilot get.. C
T.Imran, Rasel get D [ T.Imrans.. horrible out]
Murtoza get D+
Old April 23, 2006, 09:45 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Mash F (This kid forgot how to bat. A new Ash in Making! I heard tht he got married, but my source could not confirm. If tht is true is he heading Nafis, Mushfiq school? It seems to me that he still has the nightmare of dropping Ponting)
Where did you hear it?

BTW, both you and Miraz forgot to rate Tushar
Old April 23, 2006, 11:59 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
Where did you hear it?

How did Tushar play with the bat? His usual style?
Old April 23, 2006, 07:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
Where did you hear it?

I got the news frm one of my friend whose parents are teacher of Mash in Narail and still they live there.

Regardding Tushar, Damn the Vbulliten. I typed and lost evrything because board was busy. Nxt time I forgot. Here is his grade.

Tushar Imran B (batted well, but as usual got out in stupid way. I hope he is not going to be another Rokon or Mr 20. Bowled exceptionally well for a part timer. B- for batting, A- for bowling)
Old April 23, 2006, 08:27 PM
Cricket Legend

After the horrible display of batting in the first one dayer I am speechless. It was such an opportunity but what a waste. We just threw our wicket away, there was no proper concentration from our top order, Ashraful, Rajin , Nafees were responsible for their own dismissals. They should be repentent for what they have done. Our batting was lacking in proper plan, it was totally aimless. While the top order failed to click the middle order failed to collect odd runs, failed to find the gaps, even they couldn't take the singles whereas the scoreboard could easily be moved forward by those singles. And in the end of the day we were at least 40 runs short. Aftab tried well but he was helpless. He was killed by a good slower ball but except that dismissal all of our wicket was a gift from our batters. There is no pain if bowler bowls well and take wickets but its agonising when batsmen throw their wickets away. Its a waste of opportunity specially when we are playing against the aussies.

We all know that after this performence we will still be watching the 2nd match with lots of interest. But the question is do our players understand that how many people keep dreaming of them? Don't know really.

We need to understand the game properly. For example- in the first match we have been busy to hit the hands of the fielders rather than finding the gaps. Aussies prevented singles but we couldn't make a way to steal the singles, we always have been after the big ones which was idiotic. We need to be more mature, more determined, need more patience as well. Someone needs to carry on his innings through the end of the innings so that one end stays intact. But we failed to do that a s well. Lot of errors but very few attempts to make corrections.

Still we hope we will play good cricket in the remaining matches.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old April 24, 2006, 02:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammed Ashraful

Rajin - D- rase shot

SN : C-
Aftab : B+
Ashraful : D+ He fielding well got a run out and batted for 23 balls
Bashar : A Batted well
Tushar : B+Dropped Hussey and bowled and batted okay
Pilot : B+ well batted

Rafiq : A
Razzak : A+, He really brought us back in the match. Bowled superbly and proved his inclusion is a right decision.

Mashrafee : D-

Rasel : D-
Old April 24, 2006, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

wow...so many F's?
Old April 24, 2006, 09:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Here's go down the drain...Mash is getting married or married...shob jaiboga...shob shesh...hope the girl will understand the need of him for our country..if not we are in trouble
Old April 24, 2006, 09:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Now that BC report card was mentioned at cricinfo, opening a report card has become very popular, or in other words the hip thing to do!!!!
Old April 24, 2006, 11:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Self evaluation is a very good thing. Since the players do not self evaluate (at least that's the way it seems- making same mistakes over and over), the fans should evaluate their performance. Afterall, no fans, no cricket for sure. As long as we are not giving out report cards on other teams this step should be fine.
Old April 24, 2006, 11:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
Here's go down the drain...Mash is getting married or married...shob jaiboga...shob shesh...hope the girl will understand the need of him for our country..if not we are in trouble
lol! ekhon amader ki hobe?

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old April 24, 2006, 12:36 PM
First Class Cricketer

Can someone handover this report card to our coach.

Batting : F+
Fielding: A-
Bowling: A
Old April 24, 2006, 12:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimraj
Can someone handover this report card to our coach.

Batting : F+
Fielding: A-
Bowling: A
Done. Send express mail to Dav.
A copy was also sent to the Selectors via 1st class mail.
Also a copy was send to each players via 2rd class mail except for Ash, mashrafee, Rasel and Rajin.

I was out of money, therefore I had to send the report card to the above four via 3rd class mail.
Old April 24, 2006, 01:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash, Nasir

msh jodi bea kore taile to aro valo khelar kotha 'caz u will have even blood circulation unless mash er bou .......

go bd
Old April 24, 2006, 01:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash, Nasir

even blood circulation = good line and length
Old April 24, 2006, 01:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagherBacha
even blood circulation = good line and length
Hmmm... I thought it will uneven blood circulation, which will prompt him to throw more bouncers. But due to spent energy and sleepless night the speed will be much much less, and therefore end result "chokkaa"
Old April 24, 2006, 01:42 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I think the news of Mash getting married is true, or will be true soon. Stumped (Dav Jr) said he was getting married soon. It will too, way too bad if he joins mushfiq, nafis school of completely loosing it after getting married. he is one player we cannot replace right now, there were several to replace mushfique and nafis.
Old April 24, 2006, 04:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

BATTING- E-
BOWLING-A
Old April 24, 2006, 09:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Stop giving grades every match. Do you get your report card after every test?

Silly ppl.
Old April 25, 2006, 01:06 AM
Cricket Legend

the hysteria on this board is at a peak again. when two teams play, one loses, and it's usually because they didn't bat or bowl as they should have. this analysis isn't exactly rocket science, i'm sorry. we have tenth ranked bangladesh taking on australia and staying competitive. Sure they are making mistakes and are always a catch or 20 runs away from making more history. But that is as good as it was going to get on this tour. Anything more - like an actual win - is a friggin bonus of extraordinary calibre. Sophia Gardens will not happen for bangladesh every time they play Australia for a few years yet, i don't care what Sunny Gavaskar or that reverse-swing mercenary/tutor Wasim Akram has to say. OK maybe Wasim giving Lee pointers is besides the point, but it was annoying to watch - amra stadium-e thakle eet-paatkel martam to break up the lesson.

Anyway, open a cold one, or go make some cha, don't get your panties in such a knot, and enjoy the cricket for heaven's sake. In a couple of days there will be very little to talk about.