facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 1, 2007, 03:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe
Default Is Shahadat Rajib dependable?

After a long time i have come back to one of most favourite site of mine , banglacricket. So hi to everyone!

I have one confusion in mind always! Shahadat always seems expensive!! had we no other options other than Shahadat?

As i m away from country and not linked up with cricket details too much.. i just need to see what my friends of banglacricket gonna say.

thank u all

Old March 1, 2007, 04:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Shahdat is Dependable Because

1. He has Ability to Ball Quick.
2. His Action is the Most Suitable One for Pacer in Bangladesh. (Mashrafee Changed His Action after his Injury Thats Why He Lost His Pace)
3. He Can Move The Ball in Both Side (Only Mashrafee Can Do it in BGD)

He is Expensive Because

1. He is Not That Much Experienced
2. He Basically Uses His Out Swing Delivery (Out Swing Bowlers are Little Expensive than In Swing Bowler. EX: Agarkar of India or Brett Lee of Australia and Ntini of SA are Sometimes Expensive Because They are basically Out Swing Bowler. Hope You Watched It)[It is Not Comparison, It is Only Example]
3. He is Immatured and Over Excited Sometimes because of His Age. A Fast Bowler Always get His Pick Form in The Age of 25-30. (Dont Take Wasim Akram or Waqar Yunis as Example. They are Exceptional Talent)
4. The Most Important Thing is A Bowler is Used by His Captain. Pithing The Ball According to Condition, The Field Placement, Quality of Slip Fielders and Bowling According to Situation is very Important. A Young Bowler Always Need That help from Captain. Sorry to Say Our Captain is Not that Much Helpfull. It is Not his Fault. We Need Time.

Up to The Current Performance We Just Have to Be Patiant and Wait for The Top Form of Our Two Fast Bowlers. Mashrafee and Shahdat. Both of Them Has Some Quality of International Level Bowler. Mashrafee Proved That and He has to Go a Long Way Till Now. Shahdat Proved a Little, He Needs Time.

Have a Nice Time.
Old March 1, 2007, 04:07 AM
Cricket Legend

And a hello to you too tendu_macgrath.......welcome back.
Shahadat.......so much to say about him. To put it in short, he tries too hard. He's gotta try slow down his pace but the problem is, at his quickest he reaches around 130-135 km/h, despite his height and size. If only he took a few more wickets - then i'd be fine with him bowling like he can rattle the stumps of any batsman.
Old March 1, 2007, 05:32 AM
Cricket Legend

offcourse he is dependable...he is the most aggressive bowler in bangladesh right now and cricket needs some character like him...he proved his value against the aussies...u might have seen how the aussies went backfoot during his spells...they found some difficulties to face his bowling...even the srilankans wasnt comfortable against him during the test matches...there is no question about his talent and ability...sometimes he is expensive coz he tries alot...u wil see aggressive bowlers are sometimes on the expensive sides...he wil just improve day by day and become more dangerous for the opponents...with mashrafe and him..its the ideal pace attack for bangladesh...

Last edited by hoodlum; March 1, 2007 at 06:50 AM..
Old March 1, 2007, 05:41 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Rajib is simply not dependable.

I just want to see Rasel in the final XI instead of Rajib. If u want to see him anyway in the team then U should use him as first change.
Old March 1, 2007, 05:50 AM
ODI Cricketer

Rajib is not in the team as "Mr. Dependable", he is our wildcard, he will be expensive almost always .... but he will also take wickets and create some dents (Physically and mentally) in the opposition batsmen.
Old March 1, 2007, 07:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahmudul.alam
Rajib is simply not dependable.

I just want to see Rasel in the final XI instead of Rajib. If u want to see him anyway in the team then U should use him as first change.
have u ever seen that strike bowlers come at first change?i would love to see it if ever bangladesh has another impressive strike bowler like shahadat.but right now rasel is no where near to be considered as a strike bowler...even razzak bowls a few yard quicker than rasel...lolz...he cant do anything with the pace he is bowling now...the only thing he has is swing...but for the opponent batsmen its way too easy to pick him up just becoz of his pace...he doesnt even have pollock's speed...just differentiate rasel and shahadat's performance against the stronger teams...rasel failed badly against the teams like srilanka,west indies,australia...he was looking so hopeless as those batsmen were playin his balls with so much ease..even the team management relies on mash and rajib and most of the fans reckons rajib and mashrafe as the main pair of bd pace attack...rasel should be considered as the 3rd choice unless some other bowlers makes way into the team...

Last edited by hoodlum; March 1, 2007 at 07:23 AM..
Old March 1, 2007, 08:53 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Shahadat has the all the required raw material to be a good fast bowler. He is tall, strong and has a good action not to get injured. He has the pace.

However, he still lacks quite a few things. Fortunately, all he lacks can be acquired through practice and time. Meaning, he is not ready. Unfortunately for us, we do not have another replacement for him so that he can come in as ready. Instead we are making him ready while he is in the team.

His main problem is length. Sometimes line as well. So, he gets slammed. My opinion is, he can be a good first change bowler when the fielders are outside the circle. But during power play, he will always get slammed against quality opponents.
Old March 1, 2007, 09:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Shahadat has potential no doubt but he is nowhere near the finished product. The main problem with him is he thinks he can bowl everyone out with his short pitched stuff. He is the fastest bowler of Bangladesh true but with his pace around 83-87 mph, he is not that fast to create fear in international level batsmen. So he needs to depend more on his line and length and sooner he realizes it, better he will be in the future.
Old March 1, 2007, 09:46 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashraful

Warfaze!! I don understand da relationship between bowling fast and reliability??
I think he is not suitable for oneday cricket since hez expensive most of the time!!
And i reckon he is a much better option for Longer version of cricket.
Old March 1, 2007, 10:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

1. Wickets are the most important thing for a fielding side. All you need is 10 good balls.
2. Checking runs is second most important thing for a fielding side in ODI. In test it really don't matter because it is totally a differnt type of game with different fielding strategies can be applied. Patience is the key.

Shahadat is fastest among the BD bowlers as Sadi said but not fast enough to create fear on Jayasuriya, Tharanga, Uttappa, Tendu, Dhoni. Any short ball from him would be taken to the cleaners just like we saw the New Zealanders did yesterday. I garantee you Tom Moody and Chapple will show loads of tape of Shahadat to their boys. So, what would be the trade of at this stage? The coach, captain and manager would decide that. The best way to find out is let Rajib and Rasel play the next game and give Mash's back a break.
Old March 1, 2007, 10:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

What bothers me is Shahadat doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes. Most of the time, he is expensive because he bowls too many short pitched delivery. Still he doesn't change his gameplan. How come the coaches aren't helping him out regarding this?
Old March 1, 2007, 10:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I couldn't believe my eyes or ears this time when our experienced spin bowler was bowling flat on a wicket where you needed loop. All those experience what good is it if you don't realize these things quickly. compare to that I can see why sahadat is not learning.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 1, 2007, 11:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by coverdrive
Warfaze!! I don understand da relationship between bowling fast and reliability??
I think he is not suitable for oneday cricket since hez expensive most of the time!!
And i reckon he is a much better option for Longer version of cricket.
so who do u want to play with mashrafe?
Old March 1, 2007, 11:11 AM
Cricket Legend

i dont see any other alternatives right now...not even in the upcoming lists...dollar mahmud or shahazada is playin in da A team but they are not doin anythng extra...no one is excited about any upcoming fast bowlers...they are all OK type bowler...ohh and there is not much in the scene too..so all we can hope is to have more and more GP PACER HUNT!! lolz

Last edited by hoodlum; March 1, 2007 at 11:16 AM..
Old March 1, 2007, 11:20 AM
Cricket Legend

for the moment i wil go with rajib and mashrafe in any form of cricket against any opposition coz i think this pair can serve bd good...in the past we saw that...and just hope rajib learns quickly...coz he has got the talent and ability.
Old March 1, 2007, 03:25 PM
First Class Cricketer

Shahadat bowls way too short. He thinks he will kill the batsman with his pace but he is merely as quick as medium pacer. He needs to control his emotion and look for the right spot to bowl not for speed or bouncer. I dont suggest him to reduce his natual pace, but he should not go for extra fast. Otherwise, he is going to be clobbered all over the places, even by Canadian batsmen.
Old March 1, 2007, 03:33 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
I couldn't believe my eyes or ears this time when our experienced spin bowler was bowling flat on a wicket where you needed loop. All those experience what good is it if you don't realize these things quickly. compare to that I can see why sahadat is not learning.
They started with flat bowling and got hammered initially but after an over or two all of em bowled with loops. Thats what I made from the commentary. This is one of the lessons they learnt about WI pitches.
Old March 1, 2007, 03:45 PM
First Class Cricketer

Brett Lee was so expensive as well when he started , it's just the matter of time .
Old March 1, 2007, 09:22 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Yes he is dependable..he is one of the best quickie we got atm in our country...

But as suggested before, in WI pitches, i'd like to see all three pacers, Mashree, Russell and Shahadat, with Shahadat being the first change. He seems to have probleme with the new ball and would be better suited once the ball is a little bit old.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old March 1, 2007, 10:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

he has line and length problems and doesn't really move the ball unless he's getting assistance from pitch/air.

that being said, ppl complain about his pace. yes, he is not tait, but at the same time 85 mph can be troubling to intl batmsan, especially subcontinent ones. he won't scare anyone, but he can trouble them. plus with his bouncers and aggression level, i would rate him up there with shoaib and lee in that regard. he's hurt more players than any other BD bowler ever in just 1 year! that violence prolly adds an extra 5 mph to his speed. ie if he bowls 83 mph, it might seem like 88 from some other bowler.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 2, 2007, 01:06 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
he has line and length problems and doesn't really move the ball unless he's getting assistance from pitch/air.

that being said, ppl complain about his pace. yes, he is not tait, but at the same time 85 mph can be troubling to intl batmsan, especially subcontinent ones. he won't scare anyone, but he can trouble them. plus with his bouncers and aggression level, i would rate him up there with shoaib and lee in that regard. he's hurt more players than any other BD bowler ever in just 1 year! that violence prolly adds an extra 5 mph to his speed. ie if he bowls 83 mph, it might seem like 88 from some other bowler.
Haha , can't compare him with Tait as his economy rate totally crap as well . Most of the time Tait bowls on 155 kph+ .

Fast bowler will give runs as Brett Lee used to go for runs in the beginning too but look at now how he changed himself .

So , we can hope Shahdat can do the same .

Just don't forget everyone can't be "Shane Bond" .
Old March 2, 2007, 01:21 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Although i do agree that shahadat isnt all too dependable at times, he is our only true fast bowler. He has a lot of time on his hands - enough time to be a world class bowler. But he is desperately in need of guidance. He just tries way too hard. I dont mind rasel in the side..........but i dont want shahadat out. Rasel can open the bowling along with mash, and shahadat can be first change.
Australia already using this tactics . it's always been Mcgrath & Bracken openning the bowling now a days & then comes Brett Lee & Tait .

So , it wouldn't be a bad idea at all .
Old March 2, 2007, 01:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum
have u ever seen that strike bowlers come at first change?i would love to see it if ever bangladesh has another impressive strike bowler like shahadat.but right now rasel is no where near to be considered as a strike bowler...even razzak bowls a few yard quicker than rasel...lolz...he cant do anything with the pace he is bowling now...the only thing he has is swing...but for the opponent batsmen its way too easy to pick him up just becoz of his pace...he doesnt even have pollock's speed...just differentiate rasel and shahadat's performance against the stronger teams...rasel failed badly against the teams like srilanka,west indies,australia...he was looking so hopeless as those batsmen were playin his balls with so much ease..even the team management relies on mash and rajib and most of the fans reckons rajib and mashrafe as the main pair of bd pace attack...rasel should be considered as the 3rd choice unless some other bowlers makes way into the team...
Define the term "strike bowler". To me a strike bowler is someone who opens the bowling and takes wickets. That, i am afraid to say, is not shahadat. He seems more comfortable as first change, and i think it will suit him well.
Old March 2, 2007, 02:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

He has all the material for a fast bowler.. the height, raw pace, aggression, action and the killer instinct. Mashrafee bowls slower, Rasel the slowest but what differentiates Rajib from others is not his lack of fear but his lack of a little thingie called "Brain"