facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old May 23, 2007, 06:24 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Prothom Alo and Bashar

Let me know who agrees with me. The thing i want to say is that after reading the newspaper Prothom Alo in the morning i just felt like vomitting. Its because they dont stop kissing Habibul Bashars A$$. Everyone knows that Bangladesh could have tried to win the test match but they didnt go for it. India obviously showed sporting cricket and in reply we played the most negative cricket in history of test cricket in my opinion. But in the newspaper Prothom Alo, the writer Utpol Shuvro wrote that he was amazed to hear from the commentators that Dravid showed sporting cricket and the target India gave us was almost impossible for team like Australia! Can u believe that?!? This is the link of the newspaper: www.prothom-alo.com

And to Mr. Miraz, u might be stuck into 1990s but we r not!

Last edited by Tintin; May 23, 2007 at 07:07 AM.. Reason: mod.edit : Edited title. Am I becoming paranoid ? Maybe I am ....

Old May 23, 2007, 06:29 AM
Test Cricketer

He's not wrong about the Dravid bit. A very safe declaration and probably 10 overs too late to have any real chance of producing a result.

We still would have done well to go for it though.
Old May 23, 2007, 06:50 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Umpires

For some reason journalists there were heap happy with the draw. maybe a few of us wanted see Habla try for a win
Old May 23, 2007, 07:05 AM
First Class Cricketer

Yeah, I agree with you. Also these Utpal Shuvro writing are getting on my nerves these days ... come on, these are supposed to be sports articles, not Extra-Extra reports. He should cut down on the 'moner-madhuri' and concentrate on real content.
Old May 23, 2007, 07:12 AM
Test Cricketer

I think the journalist has gone overboard there trying to prove that victory was impossible for even Australia. I am sure if it was SA/Australi or Lanka, they would have given it a shot. I think it was stupid to pull he brakes as soon as the first wicket fell. A pich hitter was what was required to see if a gamble would pay off.

Yes, it was a difficult target...no doubt. But thats not the point, the point is that BD didnt even try.
Old May 23, 2007, 07:22 AM
Test Cricketer

i dont get it...why ppl fancy Utpol Shuvro.
Lets not get into wht he says. [] he acts oversmrt. wht he understnd bout cricket. he no way near to Rabeed Imam. RI only gr8 cricket writer around.

Last edited by Tintin; May 23, 2007 at 07:23 AM.. Reason: mod.edit : no insults
Old May 23, 2007, 08:42 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

My 1 & only question to bashar, Whatmore , Faruk & Co. 'why ashraful or Mashrafee didn't come to bat at no.4 ?'
Old May 23, 2007, 08:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

When all the journalists are critisizing Bashar's performances as a player and captain,
only Utpal Shuvro is writting in favour!!!! What a biased journalism !!! We should write to the editor of PROTHOM ALO.
Old May 23, 2007, 08:45 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

I don't want to comment on the Dravid's declaration part...may be Utpol is right...but his match report is totally different from others now a days...and I think he always has a soft corner for Bashar…specially after the 2nd ODI, he expressed that this innings was a real come back for Bashar (43 in 83 balls) and he is kind of impressed...but after reading that...I was totally speechless.
Old May 23, 2007, 08:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

utpol's loyalty's not that admirable when you consider that he's married to HaBa... until death do them part...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old May 23, 2007, 08:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by CricFanBD
I don't want to comment on the Dravid's declaration part...may be Utpol is right...but his match report is totally different from others now a days...and I think he always has a soft corner for Bashar…specially after the 2nd ODI, he expressed that this innings was a real come back for Bashar (43 in 83 balls) and he is kind of impressed...but after reading that...I was totally speechless.
Not only Bashar, he has soft corner for burias (Hablu and Pilot). He never writes anything that will go against his lovers! Generally, media is critical. They always try to find out the point to criticize. However, Utpal is a big time 'chamcha' of few players.
Old May 23, 2007, 09:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_dorshok
Not only Bashar, he has soft corner for burias (Hablu and Pilot). He never writes anything that will go against his lovers! Generally, media is critical. They always try to find out the point to criticize. However, Utpal is a big time 'chamcha' of few players.
he has graduated from chamchahood since the world cup... now he's a jigri dosto...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old May 23, 2007, 10:54 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_dorshok
. However, Utpal is a big time 'chamcha' of few players.
May be he get some money for his great CHAMCHAMI from his BOSS BASHHER
Old May 23, 2007, 10:56 AM
First Class Cricketer

guys we should be a little respectful towards a senior reporter. that's perfectly fine if you don't like his writtings. But is there any point talking rubbish about him?? I don't think so. it's just being childish.
Closed Thread