facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 11, 2008, 03:05 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Mashrafe looses his cool!

Mashrafe's frustration seems to be coming out off the field too.

"Cricket

Wise words for Mashrafe

Sports Reporter

The intense pressure of playing the highest level of cricket was evident yesterday when leading paceman Mashrafe Bin Mortaza lost his temper during the Tigers' practice session in Mirpur.

A regular feature of practice in the home of cricket has been the presence of a number of fans to see the national stars. And there was no exception on Sunday but the fans were not in the usual mood as they were showing their disappointment towards the Tigers.

But it was hard for Mashrafe to check his anger following the abusive language hurled by some fans and his teammates had to cool him to restrain from doing anything untoward.

The security personnel however dispersed the crowds quickly but the words of an old man attracted everyone's attention.

" You must hear something like that. I pray five times a day for you people and you should play well, if you can," shouted the man on crutches.

If the omission from the playing eleven in the first one-day was a lesson then this was more of a bitter experience for Mashrafe, a popular cricketer.

And the best way for the man they call 'Narail Express' will be to give answer through his performance."
~Daily Star

Old March 11, 2008, 03:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Don't be foool....
Don' loose your cooool.
Old March 11, 2008, 03:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TI/Dwayne Bravo/Afridi

well it's true what the old man said, more than 90% of bangladeshis pray five times a day for them. i dont know why he's getting soooo offended by that remark.

Mrs Mahmudullah Riyad
Old March 11, 2008, 03:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuba
well it's true what the old man said, more than 90% of bangladeshis pray five times a day for them. i dont know why he's getting soooo offended by that remark.
Well the old wasn't the only one saying things at him and the team and I'm sure Mash just boiled up.

I think its understandable for Mash to lose it if he hears harsh criticisms from people (although deserved), he's still a human being and no one likes to be made fun of.

I hope he takes the critisicms at heart and he performs on the field to shut people up. That would be the best form of revenge.
Old March 11, 2008, 03:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Mashrafe didnt take offence to what the old man said...it was some other fans who hurled abuse at him and its normal for him to lose his cool especially when it was a bunch of punks who are just there to cause trouble anyway
Old March 11, 2008, 03:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Kalke khelay dekhay dibe..
Old March 11, 2008, 03:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Good.... now he'll be bowling 85mph plus
Old March 11, 2008, 03:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
well, when bd team came to cambridge about three yrs ago, i was there. some bangladeshi spectators got bored and started shouting 'mare na ken jore' type thing during bd batting. i was sitting quite close to the place where mashrafee was standing with someone (probably mushi) really disappointed to see mash used some raw bangla words against those spectators

he is like that. i dont think he is gonna loose his cool
Old March 11, 2008, 04:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

Finally fans are reacting. Hopefully this will fire up Mash to bowl like a fast medium pacer not just another passionless cricketer.
Old March 11, 2008, 04:35 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: who eva plays well

Lets hope Mashrafee uses this anger and rage and focuses it on the pitch.

He must be going through alot. He was the vice captain and now they have chucked him out.

Something is wrong with our country's best bowler. He has not been himself. Some people blame it on his marriage. Or it could be due to his complacency after he achieved his fame.

What ever the reason we need him desperately sort himself.
Old March 11, 2008, 04:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Are you sure more than 90% Bangladeshi actually pray once a day, needless to say 5 times a day?
Old March 11, 2008, 04:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

I find it funny how so many people on this board seem to think criticism is actually going to help our team; that somehow it'll fire them up and they'll play better than ever before. Wishful thinking... The only thing that helps athletes is support. Thats the only thing they need us for is support. They hear enough criticism from the rest of the world....
Old March 11, 2008, 04:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
Good.... now he'll be bowling 85mph plus
he better be
Old March 11, 2008, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Fans are not saints either. This forum is good proof.
Old March 11, 2008, 06:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by shongkhonil
Mashrafe's frustration seems to be coming out off the field too.

"Cricket

Wise words for Mashrafe

Sports Reporter

The intense pressure of playing the highest level of cricket was evident yesterday when leading paceman Mashrafe Bin Mortaza lost his temper during the Tigers' practice session in Mirpur.

A regular feature of practice in the home of cricket has been the presence of a number of fans to see the national stars. And there was no exception on Sunday but the fans were not in the usual mood as they were showing their disappointment towards the Tigers.

But it was hard for Mashrafe to check his anger following the abusive language hurled by some fans and his teammates had to cool him to restrain from doing anything untoward.

The security personnel however dispersed the crowds quickly but the words of an old man attracted everyone's attention.

" You must hear something like that. I pray five times a day for you people and you should play well, if you can," shouted the man on crutches.

If the omission from the playing eleven in the first one-day was a lesson then this was more of a bitter experience for Mashrafe, a popular cricketer.

And the best way for the man they call 'Narail Express' will be to give answer through his performance."
~Daily Star
heck yea everyone, if he was offended by anything man he would do some tonight inshallah lets see what he is going to do............... i got a good feelings about it
Old March 11, 2008, 07:26 PM
Cricket Sage

valo hoise..kisu boka joka khaia jodi or performance fire..tailei valo...ar jodi aie theory kaj kore taile sobar age ashrafulre dhora uchit..
Old March 11, 2008, 07:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

i have a feeling mash will be clocking 90 mph tonight.

thanks to the "anil kumble" amongst our fans.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 11, 2008, 08:11 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

South Africa, watch out. The Tigers will take the field to win today.
Old March 11, 2008, 08:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Lets see how the abuses will effect Mash in 2nd ODI. Maybe he will do remarkable.
Old March 11, 2008, 09:56 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

AH, you remembered! I was waiting for someone to bring that up. The big reason BD was able to beat India (besides the surprise factor) was cause some of the players, especially Masri, was FIRED UP. Apparantly Masri wasn't too happy with the treatment (playing against BD would be a waste of time for India) he and his colleagues were getting from some of the Indian media and players (Kumble being one). Just watch the replay of that match, the body language alone was worth the trip.

As for the fans, those could have been some die hard fans egging him on or some street clowns (we do have a lot of those useless idiots around) hurling abuse at him. While one shouldn't react, Masri is PAGLA. The guy does not take **** (excuse my Chatgaiya) and as is the case with 'shorol' and 'straight' folks, he retaliated. I always wonder when people worry about what some foreign media publishes when we have about 200 million experts from Bangladesh with a few thousand ideas and galis of their own. I can only imagine the **** (excuse) our players have to endure whenever they are around some of the more vocal 'experts'.

Just wanted to share this. I went to a Bangla concert last year to listen to Habib and others. After Runa Laila wasted an hour and 20 minutes with 20 minutes of Must Qalander, it was already too late. Habib was the final performer. When he finally got up there, this idiot in the audience started to make a fool of himself by making idiotic comments. Unfortunately, he had a few 'fans' around him cheering him on. I am sure folks are more pationate about our cricket than Habib's music, not to take anything away from him. You can only imagine what this idiot would have done as BD collapsed for around 100-180 runs, as we usually do. Yep, the night was ruined because no one was eager enough to go and crack a bottle or a cricket bat on the idiots head. After 5/6 songs, security kicked everyone out as the organizers could only book the hall until 12 pm. Thank you Runa Laila, and thank you J.r.face for your overblown sense of self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
i have a feeling mash will be clocking 90 mph tonight.

thanks to the "anil kumble" amongst our fans.
Old March 11, 2008, 09:59 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

By the way, I am all for tough love. I am 100% against babying our players. They need to GROW UP and GET TOUGH. Until they do that, we'd be treated like infants and that's where we lose some of the battles. If the opponents don't respect you, you're already on the back foot. That RESPECT has to be EARNED.