facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 11, 2007, 09:46 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা
Default About time we rethink our 'wickets' ?

Give us a docile pitch and we could make a game out of it
Give us the bounciest of pitches and our batsmen have little idea where the ball is going.

I DON'T BLAME THEM.

We need to rethink our strategy about our local 'wickets'. Spice them up a little bit. Give our players a taste of what they'd face in the international arena. We could do what India did. Get really good in docile pitches and take our chances in bouncy wickets once we've mastered the dead pitches. OR, we can start preparing 1/2 pitches that will offer the bounce that today's pitch is offering. The only problem, where do we get the quality bowlers who can exploit this conditions ? I leave that upto the board.

Old April 11, 2007, 09:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Tehsin bhai,
Pitch'er alap saren. Jei bhabey out hoilo.. eibar phone number ta diya den. Will bad mouth him.
Old April 11, 2007, 10:20 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

ha ha...
a fall from grace i guess...
so much hope..
yet so much dissapointment!!
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old April 11, 2007, 10:27 AM

I agree with Tehsin bhai. Love these fast bouncy pitches. It makes a balanced game. If the bowlings bad, the good batsmen would score well of them. But with good bowling, it really becomes a test for batsmen's skill and temperament. Our batsmen have plenty of the former but not of the latter. Such sporting wickets in our domestic tourney would do a world of good. Pace, Swing, Bounce.
Old April 11, 2007, 11:19 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Tehsin bhai.... IMO, the trouble they are having with the pitch is not because of BD pitches.. its because they have been kept away from playing quality opponents on faster pitches for over a whole year by ICC.

Subcontinental pitches will always be slower... thats why the Subcon teams need to play more away matches on faster wickets to adjust. Just like SA suffered in slow pitch against BD... probably because played less cricket on slower pitches in the recent time.
Old April 11, 2007, 11:35 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Ahmed_B, the pitch definitely helped us against SA just like it got us completely out of contention in this game. A little bit patience and temperament would have helped us get to 200-odd. Great job by Masri in giving Sakib some time to play in the middle and get the score past 100.

We should have done better. Didn't think we could win (after the toss and the pitch report) and looks like we've got a lot of work in our hands.
Old April 11, 2007, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

a little bit of patience would have helped. oh well, we're still a pretty new side and it will take us some more time to be able to perform consistently. i just hope rankin doesn't do too much damage on sunday.

so what do we do about our vice captain's lack of form and our captain's unwillingness to run?
Old April 11, 2007, 11:44 AM
Banned

ATMR, ask Tehsin. He knows what exactly is wrong with SN. Ask him to tell you in private.
Old April 11, 2007, 11:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Tehsin bhai, most of our national team batsmen have actually struggled a lot in this year's Dhaka premier league where fast bowlers dominated. So, I think our groundsmen have already started making right sort of pitches. But it will take a while for our batsmen to develop habits for fast pitches.
Old April 11, 2007, 11:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
ATMR, ask Tehsin. He knows what exactly is wrong with SN. Ask him to tell you in private.
Is he pregnant ? Tell me, tell me
Old April 11, 2007, 12:00 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Hard bouncy pitch and we are bundled below 150. We need to progress on that. However, I'm willing to have patience and we cannot learn everything all together at once. Except for Habibul, I did not mind today's performance of the team. Yes, they scored below 150, but they showed the positive attitude, and that is more important.

Last edited by Rubu; April 11, 2007 at 12:24 PM..
Old April 11, 2007, 12:16 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
Hard bouncy pitch and we are bundled below 150. We need to progress on that. However, I'm willing to have patience and we cannot learn everything at all. Except for Habibul, I did not mind today's performance of the team. Yes, they scored below 150, but they showed the positive attitude, and that is more important.
Same here
Old April 11, 2007, 12:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I agree with Tehsin bhai completely. Our weakness to face fast bowlers in fast bouncy wickets has been persisting for a long time. I don't blame the young players unable to negotiate with the bounce. This wicket seems to be different from all other wickets in this world cup.

We need to prepare good bouncy wickets all over BD, not only for international cricket, but also for national leagues, district level cricket and even for school level of cricket. Money is not a problem for cricket in our country. BCB should go for it.
Old April 11, 2007, 12:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Are we going to play against Ireland on the same ground? That's the only question moving in my head.
Old April 11, 2007, 12:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar2005
Are we going to play against Ireland on the same ground? That's the only question moving in my head.
Yes, we will play our next two matches on the same field.
Old April 11, 2007, 12:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I'm willing to have patience and we cannot learn everything all together at once. Except for Habibul, I did not mind today's performance of the team. Yes, they scored below 150, but they showed the positive attitude, and that is more important.
We know, we know, all that you and Spitty care is that whether your favourite players are in the team.
Old April 11, 2007, 12:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
These games will be very tough for us for sure. But i still trust our team except Bashar.
Old April 11, 2007, 12:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
cough cough....

ekhoni batting practice start kora dorkar, kisher lunch....
Old April 11, 2007, 12:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

We will have to prepare a few fast bouncy wkts. Not only will it teach our young players to play and learn from it, it will also encourage young bowlers to become fast bowlers.
Old April 11, 2007, 12:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammed Asif

Yeh. We need these sort of pitches. Thats what all subcontinent batsmen have difficulty facing - the rising ball.

I also read in McInness interview, where he said, Give me a batsman who scores a difficult 50 instead of a player who can score big runs every other week when the going is easy. Thats what Sakibul did today. Unfortunately not the others.
Old April 11, 2007, 12:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar2005
Yes, we are playing our remaining games here... It will be a good contest.
Old April 11, 2007, 12:41 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
We know, we know, all that you and Spitty care is that whether your favourite players are in the team.
No Bro, not at all. What I liked today is that they did not go into their shell right away and just tried to play off 50 overs. Instead, they kept an eye on RR as well, as without a good score on board, you cannot fight. Sure they failed, but they tried. Thats what makes me mad when they play for honorable defeat. When they play positive, days like these will come. And I'm willing to accept that. Mind it, a defeat is a defeat and there is no such thing as an honorable defeat. So, what difference does it make if we score 200+ and lose or score 150 and lose? Nothing. however, if we play positive, we get a chance to win. That all it matters to me.
Old April 11, 2007, 12:52 PM
Cricket Legend

While I do agree with Tehsin to a certain extent our batsmen still could've made a game out of it. Basha got out because he was shell shocked, Aftab got out the usual way-he either get out ct, at long-on/long-off or ct. behind. It seemed to me that only Tamim and Nafees were done in by the bounce. How difficult is it to see off the first 18/20 overs of the new ball? Sakib showed how to do it and he has very little experience in bouncy tracks.
Old April 11, 2007, 12:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
No Bro, not at all. What I liked today is that they did not go into their shell right away and just tried to play off 50 overs. Instead, they kept an eye on RR as well, as without a good score on board, you cannot fight. Sure they failed, but they tried. Thats what makes me mad when they play for honorable defeat. When they play positive, days like these will come. And I'm willing to accept that. Mind it, a defeat is a defeat and there is no such thing as an honorable defeat. So, what difference does it make if we score 200+ and lose or score 150 and lose? Nothing. however, if we play positive, we get a chance to win. That all it matters to me.
Please take a look at how most of them got out, they got out by trying to play big shots in swinging and bouncy conditions and when the team was in dire straights. They could take singles and twos and still be able to score at 4+/over which they could not with the mad hitting. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw razzak hitting monty when he knows the better hitter is just on the other side of the pitch.
Old April 11, 2007, 12:59 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
best quote so far. praise for you man.