facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old January 21, 2010, 07:53 AM
Banned

Default Mushfique sledged as 'schoolboy' by India

STAFF WRITER 17:20 HRS IST

Chittagong, Jan 21 (PTI) Bangladesh wicket-keeper batsman Mushfiqur Rahim today alleged that Indian bowlers sledged him by calling him a "school boy" during his century knock on the fifth day of the first cricket Test here.

"The Indian bowlers picked me for sledging when I was batting well. They called me school boy. But I was enjoying it and I had answered it with my bat," Mushfiqur, who scored a 114-ball 101, said at the post-match press conference after his side lost to India by 113 runs to go down 0-1 in the two-Test series

Sehwag, who was jeered by the spectators at the post-match presentation apparently for calling Bangladesh as an "ordinary" side, however, refused to comment when asked about Mushfiqur's charge.

"I can't do (say) anything about that (Mushfiqur's charge)," Sehwag retorted without blinking an eyelid. <<<<What a Shameless Buffoon.

http://www.ptinews.com/news/478757_I...says-Mushfiqur

Old January 21, 2010, 08:12 AM
First Class Cricketer

I like it when someone sledges and we reply back..keeps up the good fighting spirit..
Old January 21, 2010, 08:17 AM
Banned

Whats going on? Everywhere I see, there are Indian Cricketers making retarded comments. This and then about Sehwag too. Despicable!!! I used to like watching them against other teams but now I gotta have a party to celebrate all their losses in the future.

Old January 21, 2010, 08:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Yes! in the Indian eyes, Mushy is like a schoolboy, looks like like one with innocent looking face, but I am happy that he attacked their bowling. they did not like it one bit. How dare this little, innocent looking boy attack our bowlers? I think Mushy is the only little fellow who has outsmarted them in a while and they hated the world to see a schoolboy outplaying them.
Old January 21, 2010, 08:33 AM
Banned

^^ True. Like Shakib said today, Mushy is capable of making centuries and today he did it. Hopefully there are more from him in the future.
Old January 21, 2010, 08:34 AM
Test Cricketer

When you play competitive cricket, you will face endless banter. He was not abused. His family was not abused. He will face that kind of abuse when he plays other teams- especially the Aussies. Calling someone a school boy is harmless banter and I see no reason either for him to complain or for the fans to be angry.
Old January 21, 2010, 08:35 AM
Banned

And in the next test maybe Shahadat Hussain could let his mouth run wild.
Old January 21, 2010, 08:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

So what. You scored century as answer.. Now the bowler knows she is a school girl.
Old January 21, 2010, 08:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer
When you play competitive cricket, you will face endless banter. He was not abused. His family was not abused. He will face that kind of abuse when he plays other teams- especially the Aussies. Calling someone a school boy is harmless banter and I see no reason either for him to complain or for the fans to be angry.
Yes you are right that he wasn't directly abused but why taunt and make fun of him while he was batting (This is apparently becoming the new Indian Strategy?). He had enough pressure to deal with, keep in mind hes only 21. Whereas 30+ years old men makes fun of him. Not cool.
Old January 21, 2010, 08:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer
he said he was enjoying.
Old January 21, 2010, 08:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar11432
Yes you are right that he wasn't directly abused but why taunt and make fun of him while he was batting. He had enough pressure to deal with. Not cool.
You are mistaken. It's a part of the game. It's called a gentleman's game, but the fielding team will not exactly offer the batsman the perfect environment to score his century. It's a part of the game and the players have to learn to cope and the forget. Now that he has mentioned it on media, he just bargained for a bigger dose next time he comes to bat. It's a part of competitive cricket.
Old January 21, 2010, 08:45 AM
Banned

^^ Not really gentlemanly, I guess.
Old January 21, 2010, 08:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Nothing wrong with banter as long as it does not become abuse. In fact I think a bit of banter makes it fun.
Old January 21, 2010, 08:48 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Yes you are right that he wasn't directly abused but why taunt and make fun of him while he was batting (This is apparently becoming the new Indian Strategy?). He had enough pressure to deal with, keep in mind hes only 21. Whereas 30+ years old men makes fun of him. Not cool.

He is 21 so what !! He is in international arena right. It is not a backyard cricket. Opposition is going to put pressure by sledging and teasing. We should cope up with such pressure if we have to become a stronger team. Everyone does that. In my opinion it only helps us toughen and become a better cricketer. I like it. They sledge us, we reply back with centuries.
Old January 21, 2010, 08:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Indian team is winning the matches but surely they are losing Respect of their fans.

Aus, SA er jhal bangali der upor chalay....chalak...kono oshubidha nai...Every dog has its own day !
Old January 21, 2010, 08:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Tenulkar was 16 when he went through some of the worst family abuses from Pakistan.
Old January 21, 2010, 09:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
amar vai please take it easily. Its not a big matter like Shehwag's comments.
Old January 21, 2010, 09:10 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

school boy = century
so, what's the fuss about it?!!
Old January 21, 2010, 09:22 AM
Cricket Legend

okk im angry with this to...
but yhh you can sledge in cricket
Old January 21, 2010, 09:30 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: See my avatar

Quote:
Rodney Marsh vs. Ian Botham
Rodney Marsh: "So how's your wife…and my kids?"
Ian Botham: "The wife's fine, but the kids are retarded."
That my friends is how the rest of the world plays cricket. People are making a fuss about nothing. People should instead be thinking that this kid can handle pressure. The fielding team and bowlers will always try to get under the skin of the opposition through sledging - as long as it is not abusive -Its upto the batsmen how they respond. Mushfiqur scored a century, Mahmudullah gave away his wicket to Zaheer.
Old January 21, 2010, 09:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I hope Ind bowlers call every BD batsman school boy. I want centuries to be answered as a reply. Nothing else. No talk back, no kisses, no smiling. Just centuries. That is how you can stop them.

Very well statement made by Mushi. What a time to get a 100. I know he didn't finish the game but this should give him and others confidence.
Old January 21, 2010, 09:33 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalsri
That my friends is how the rest of the world plays cricket. People are making a fuss about nothing. People should instead be thinking that this kid can handle pressure. The fielding team and bowlers will always try to get under the skin of the opposition through sledging - as long as it is not abusive -Its upto the batsmen how they responded. Mushfiqur scored a century, Mahmudullah gave away his wicket to Zaheer.
There is no fuss among the players. They have handled the Aussies several time already. The fuss is with the media and fans. Insecurities and protective nature. Just like Indian fans get insecurities when Chappell opens his mouth. We are all in the same boat. Living in a fantasy land.
Old January 21, 2010, 09:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Agree with Tiger's eye. We have NZ and England series coming up. You will see more of the sledging when we we visit England. Let us use this as a chance to toughen ourselves
Old January 21, 2010, 09:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

I am a HUGE fan of sledging, I have seen how batsmen crush under sledging. It is an inseparable part of international cricket now, every professional should live with it. Mushy said he enjoyed it, I dont see any fault of the Indians in this instance
Old January 21, 2010, 09:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

come on guys, take it easy! As an opponent they like to distract him so that he can esily give his wicket, so they just were making comment whatever they come up with, at this level you just don't concentrate what your opponent sledging on you or if you heard them then you answer with your bat, what exactly Rahim did. So, school boy kicked the big boys what can be more shameful for the big boys !!!
Closed Thread