facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 5, 2010, 08:34 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default A Note to Sakib: Bad umpiring decisions is not an excuse

This is a personal note to Sakib, the captain (albeit late, but I'm sure Sakib'll repeat this or think about repeating the same words about performance of 2nd ODI vs. ENG in the 3rd ODI as well).

I have heard about the lame excuse of bad umpiring decisions when we lose. But the problem with me is that if it was only a matter of one or two bad decisions, then it would have been OK to say that alright, we lost the match because the umpires were making poor decisions against us.

The problem is as follows-

1. We drop catches very frequently. And it seems that a handful of players have been dropping catches and not correcting their mistakes.

2. I believe Coach Jamie Siddons was asking about re-hiring Mr. Salahuddin the fielding coach for the national team? Back to the point # 1 - if Mr. Salahuddin had been doing his job properly for the last 4 years, then players like Mahmuduallah, Abdur Razzak, Syed Rasel, who are all very experienced, and have been with the team for a long time, then they could have come forward and said that look I have been making this mistake for a long time, and since I have learnt about correcting this mistake from Mr. Salahuddin, and now I have applied it in my fielding.

3. The chance of Bangladesh winning is still a one-man-show.

4. Even with point # 3, we're still not consistent.

5. Our running between the wickets still sucks.

6. In today's 3rd ODI game, how come we were unable to take wickets in the middle periods of the match - AT OUR OWN BACKYARD with so much hype about our left arm spin attack (or just spin attack)? Then what's the point in having the home advantage?

7. In addition to point # 6, I think it is vital for the test matches also, when we decide to make a wicket to our own advantage, taking into account our strengths, it becomes our weakness, too. For example, We wanted to make the pitch slower, and yet, we fell in our own trap as our later batsman were unable to push on when England's slow-medium seam & spin attack of Collingwood and Swann started bowling in tandom, and also not in tandom.

8. And also, last, but not the least, we're still not sure who are gonna be our batting-powerplay-bowlers and who are gonna be our last-over bowlers. There does not seem to have any plan in this, other than what Razzak & Sakib himself is used to; i.e., bowling in the 1st and 2nd powerplay.

Last edited by fwullah; March 5, 2010 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: Additions

Old March 5, 2010, 09:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Kisui kowar nai boin, ei gula ki Shakib Siddons bujhe na? Nischoy bujhe..kintu kene je eigula shongshodon kora hoi na.
Old March 5, 2010, 09:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwullah
This is a personal note to Sakib, the captain (albeit late, but I'm sure Sakib'll repeat this or think about repeating the same words about performance of 2nd ODI vs. ENG in the 3rd ODI as well).

I have heard about the lame excuse of bad umpiring decisions when we lose. But the problem with me is that if it was only a matter of one or two bad decisions, then it would have been OK to say that alright, we lost the match because the umpires were making poor decisions against us.

The problem is as follows-

1. We drop catches very frequently. And it seems that a handful of players have been dropping catches and not correcting their mistakes.

2. I believe Coach Jamie Siddons was asking about re-hiring Mr. Salahuddin the fielding coach for the national team? Back to the point # 1 - if Mr. Salahuddin had been doing his job properly for the last 4 years, then players like Mahmuduallah, Abdur Razzak, Syed Rasel, who are all very experienced, and have been with the team for a long time, then they could have come forward and said that look I have been making this mistake for a long time, and since I have learnt about correcting this mistake from Mr. Salahuddin, and now I have applied it in my fielding.

3. The chance of Bangladesh winning is still a one-man-show.

4. Even with point # 3, we're still not consistent.

5. Our running between the wickets still sucks.

6. In today's 3rd ODI game, how come we were unable to take wickets in the middle periods of the match - AT OUR OWN BACKYARD with so much hype about our left arm spin attack (or just spin attack)? Then what's the point in having the home advantage?

7. In addition to point # 6, I think it is vital for the test matches also, when we decide to make a wicket to our own advantage, taking into account our strengths, it becomes our weakness, too. For example, We wanted to make the pitch slower, and yet, we fell in our own trap as our later batsman were unable to push on when England's slow-medium seam & spin attack of Collingwood and Swann started bowling in tandom, and also not in tandom.

8. And also, last, but not the least, we're still not sure who are gonna be our batting-powerplay-bowlers and who are gonna be our last-over bowlers. There does not seem to have any plan in this, other than what Razzak & Sakib himself is used to; i.e., bowling in the 1st and 2nd powerplay.
Excellent points.

It all boils down to selection based on individuals and not need ( I guess first we'd need to identify and define those needs), no strategy as a team, Focus only on batting and prattically none of bowling or fielding, Keepers and bowlers picked based on their batting ability, no understanding of the modernized game (T20, batting Powerplays etc.).