facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 24, 2010, 01:48 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: $hakib Al Ha$an
Default Move on

Guys lets get out of all blaming and focus on England series...Two weeks left... I'll support my team even if they lose for another 10 years.

- Siddon is there till 2011, so no choice but wait and see, when he took his second term he asked everyone to wait until 2011...

- Bangladesh (This current group of players) are improving and with maturity will win soon InshAllah..

- I hope the players learn something from this experience, specially Junaed...

do you guys think we should tryout at least one or two new players to the squad?

Old June 24, 2010, 03:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishu
Guys lets get out of all blaming and focus on England series...Two weeks left... I'll support my team even if they lose for another 10 years.

- Siddon is there till 2011, so no choice but wait and see, when he took his second term he asked everyone to wait until 2011...

- Bangladesh (This current group of players) are improving and with maturity will win soon InshAllah..

- I hope the players learn something from this experience, specially Junaed...

do you guys think we should tryout at least one or two new players to the squad?
yes i think we should try out a couple of new players in the squad, actually they should have started doing it already, and now i'm told shuvagoto who is one of the most important imo for us to tryout is going to oz land for a a few months (which is good but the timing is maybe not the best because he needs to be groomed), so i think the preparation for the WC could have been handled alot better.
Old June 24, 2010, 05:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

They should try out new players in the series against Zim, not on this English tour.
Old June 24, 2010, 06:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

no need to have more new players,better to try out Jahurul & Junaid.If thse 2 are consistent we will have a strong batting line up.
And I want to see Rubel back,either Rasel or Mash should be replaced.(or both?)
Old June 24, 2010, 07:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

finally a positive thread .... many many thanks to mishu bhai.

there have been too many negative minded threads giving me big headaches.

thats why i am spending most of my time in the World Cup 2010 subforum.

i will be back in this when the BD team is announced or if there is is any good positive thread
Old June 24, 2010, 07:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Thanks to Mishu for a positive thread. Let's get over it guys. One horribly embarrassing loss is nothing to us - we've faced much worse.
Old June 24, 2010, 08:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Thanks to Mishu for a positive thread. Let's get over it guys. One horribly embarrassing loss is nothing to us - we've faced much worse.
Exactly we have seen much worse. Much much worse. its time to move on

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old June 24, 2010, 08:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Can we really move on without addressng the problems?

Eng tour is 14 days away and nothing much can be done before that, except we can expect the players to go back to fighting mood. Hope they can, or even more negativity will creap in.

Can we have some positives from this Asia Cup? ........
Old June 24, 2010, 10:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Ah, at last, a non whining thread.

Hope they'll give English a scare. Sadly, england are really on superb form, so lets not raise our hopes to an unrealistic level.
Old June 24, 2010, 01:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Salaam Mishu bhai!! Yes, exactly MoveOn.org.....Defeat the Bush regime and the evil cloud over humanity!
Old June 24, 2010, 01:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz

Hope they'll give English a scare. Sadly, england are really on superb form, so lets not raise our hopes to an unrealistic level.
Isn't it great that with the right change of attitude, England (basically without any significant line up changes) went from a laughing matter in limited overs to a World Champion in T20 and a legitimate contender in ODIs? I'm guessing their coach doesn't tell them to play for averages.
Old June 24, 2010, 01:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

A very mature thread from mishu..good job man..we have 2 move on..and as cricket king says we have seen much worse..I think 1 very important and positive thing is that we now have a solid #3 with Zunaed..he's a better #3 then Ash and now we have a solid opening pair and a solid #3..once Mushy, Riyad, Naeem, and Shakib get back in form, we could have a solid team going in2 the WC..in my opinion I think we should just stick with the group of guys we have right now..I want 2 see Roqibul back in the squad because I think he's the best #4 we have right now..but trying guys like Shuvagoto right now might not be a great idea..yes he's got talent but let him play more FC matches and then we can think of adding him..
Old June 24, 2010, 03:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
Isn't it great that with the right change of attitude, England (basically without any significant line up changes) went from a laughing matter in limited overs to a World Champion in T20 and a legitimate contender in ODIs? I'm guessing their coach doesn't tell them to play for averages.
Laughing matter? Consider their record since 2008, they beat SA @ home, Lost one to India away, Lost one to Aus home, and reached the Semi's of Champios trophy. Sounds really laughable. And FFS T20 means ****. I don't honestly consider it cricket in its true sense. A team like Pakistan who is being thrashed by top teams in ODI's and Tests become Champions and 2 times finalists!! That says it all. And Aussies failed to enter the group stages before this in T20's, does that reflect any improvement or decline in any forms of cricket? No.
Old June 24, 2010, 04:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TIK47

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Yes lets get over the loss but i am sure the main and disturbing concern was our negative attitude and defensive approach. My respected brother unless we can change this the word "positive" will only mask the real issue and deceive us to the reality.

True positivity will only be with us when we start playing with passion and working towards winning matches. True positivity will only present itself when we start eradicating words like "impossible" or "we are not good enough" from our game. I can go on and on but I don't want to drag your mind in to the harsh truth .
Old June 24, 2010, 06:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Comon bhais and apas, we need a group-hug now!!
Old June 24, 2010, 09:28 PM
BC Editorial Team

OK people, we know what FFS means and just because you have abbreviated a cuss word doesn't make it acceptable. Please simmer down on the use of foul language. -- Mod
Old June 24, 2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
They should try out new players in the series against Zim, not on this English tour.
Sopt on sis
Old June 24, 2010, 10:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
OK people, we know what FFS means and just because you have abbreviated a cuss word doesn't make it acceptable. Please simmer down on the use of foul language. -- Mod
WTF does "FFS" even stand for?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 24, 2010, 10:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Oh jeez, can we take things a bit lightly here?
Old June 24, 2010, 11:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I am going to PM RazabQ for the meaning of FFS. Fantasy Football System? (In cricket thread makes no sense)

I am out of touch of these new lingos.
+++

I am ready to move on actually.
Old June 24, 2010, 11:43 PM
Club Cricketer

If we want to talk about positive, let's talk about bowling--what should be done to improve bowling performance. Like they say in basketball, in some games offense may be struggling, but defense must be present in every game to win a championship. Our sub-standard bowling means opponents will score 350+ in ODIs, and that will put pressure on the young team.
Old June 25, 2010, 04:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Thumbs up Mishu! Very timely and relevant thread. This was a horrid series for our boys and while there are some real problems that need to be addressed I still believe the major factor behind the drubbing we received is fatigue. Come on. We all know we are not THIS bad. We have been playing non-stop this year with more or less the same bunch of players which is why I called for separate teams for each format. I know some of you think it is too late to try out new players but I think we can still test out 2-3 youngsters like Shuvagoto, Nasir, Shabbir and maybe even Shuvashis against the associates. And nothing irons out our problems like a series against Zimbabwe. And it was very clever from the BCB schedule one at home right before the World Cup. I believe we will have a lot of questions answered in that series going into the World Cup. I am confident. Let's lock the negativity away now guys.

Last edited by Equinox; June 25, 2010 at 04:48 AM..
Old June 25, 2010, 02:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: MashTamimFiqur al Hasan

ami kushi!