facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 22, 2012, 08:42 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা
Default Salute to Akram Khan

I want to take a moment and salute to a former Tiger, who is still batting for Bangladesh. Thanks for sticking to your guns and make sure we get Khan Jr in the team. Some might say the BHatija factor was the main reason but I know that was not the main reason. Thank you for standing up and speaking up against the one man wrecking army known as Loitta.

Old March 23, 2012, 05:53 AM

Yes Tehsin bhai, Akram deserves a salute. Hats off to him.
Old March 23, 2012, 08:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
I want to take a moment and salute to a former Tiger, who is still batting for Bangladesh. Thanks for sticking to your guns and make sure we get Khan Jr in the team. Some might say the BHatija factor was the main reason but I know that was not the main reason. Thank you for standing up and speaking up against the one man wrecking army known as Loitta.
Royal Salute indeed.

He is the guy who got us the test status by winning the ICC trophy miraculously. He is the guy who went on to the streets for a stadium for cricket alone, he is the guy who has a lot to give to our cricket in future. He is honest and un biased. He didn't mind giving Alok a chance and admitting his mistake when ever he had one, he is a true patriot and I will feel safe handing him crucial tasks of our cricket....

Do he'll with LK and Tutul ... We need guys like him. He really doesn't need to back his bhatija.... That guy is capable of taking care of himself....

I have personally met AK quiet a few times during his career as a player... I'm yet to see a more humble guy with such physical stature...he is one of the best sportsman of Bangladesh. Even Nannu, Bashar are 1000 times more diplomatic and political than this guy... He is honest. We need him... We can't lose him ever.
Old March 23, 2012, 08:22 AM

Here's To Akram Khan. Always the unsung hero.

DOWN WITH TUTUL and LOITTA!
Old March 23, 2012, 08:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Yes, this is who really batted for us.
Old March 23, 2012, 10:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Royal Salute indeed.

He is the guy who got us the test status by winning the ICC trophy miraculously. He is the guy who went on to the streets for a stadium for cricket alone, he is the guy who has a lot to give to our cricket in future. He is honest and un biased. He didn't mind giving Alok a chance and admitting his mistake when ever he had one, he is a true patriot and I will feel safe handing him crucial tasks of our cricket....

Do he'll with LK and Tutul ... We need guys like him. He really doesn't need to back his bhatija.... That guy is capable of taking care of himself....

I have personally met AK quiet a few times during his career as a player... I'm yet to see a more humble guy with such physical stature...he is one of the best sportsman of Bangladesh. Even Nannu, Bashar are 1000 times more diplomatic and political than this guy... He is honest. We need him... We can't lose him ever.
Top post.
Old March 23, 2012, 10:25 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

great guy

Only hope that he stops picking shahadat
Old March 23, 2012, 10:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Big salute to this Big man.
by resigning he has put Loot(us) under pressure & also got Tamim back, the starts we got from Tamim was incredible.
Old March 23, 2012, 10:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

PM Hasinar hostokheper karone Minhajul Abedin Nannur shopno bhongo hoise.
Old March 23, 2012, 10:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_1_primeval_man
PM Hasinar hostokheper karone Minhajul Abedin Nannur shopno bhongo hoise.
haha, hasa kotha Adom miya bhai
Old March 23, 2012, 05:13 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Akram's action will have a very positive effect in future. Even though I am not a very big fan of our PM, I think in this case her role was positive. Why in the world we have a president like Kamal, when we have Saber and other qualified personalities. Thanks Akram.
Old March 23, 2012, 09:04 PM
Banned

Yup, Saber should become BCB head again
Old March 23, 2012, 09:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

few days ago i heard a interview from Aminul islam Bulbul. he said there are very few person as dedicated as Akram Khan in bangladesh Cricket. and there are many reasons explained by Bulbul.

Bulbul and Akram started playing almost at the same time for Bangladesh and it was the asia cup 1988. intially they had a competition whose gonna debut. perhaps akram got the chance one game before. but then bulbul soon followed and both made their places permanent soon and since then they made a long journey and experienced all the stages of Bangladesh's up and down. although in cricket field they were rivals, they had rivalry in being the captain, rivalry in being the best performer, they captained rivals like Mohammedan and abahani in the leagues but in between all those rivalry they have always been good friends and always together discussed on how they can serve bangladesh cricket as leading players.

both of them have been part of the joys and sorrows together for bangladesh. there were others players coming and going but these two have been the witnessed most of the milestones of BD cricket that led us here together. thats why they have this special love for BD

well special thanks to akram khan. i feel inside the BD players there was a fear that Loutus Kamal is the ultimate decision maker. perhaps this was something that bothered the players and their performance. but akram khan's stance against him gave the players the confidence that nobody is bigger that cricket and cricketers. and what a response from tamim and the whole team. .......