facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 25, 2011, 11:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Lightbulb The ASHRAFOOL QUERY thread

Md. Ashraful is one of the wonders that bangladesh has produced. I wonder if we actually had nominated Md. ashraful as one of the new 7 wonders instead of sundarbans or cox's bazar that would have got more interest.

anyway in this thread i am going to put up a query for md. ashraful. but first u have to realize which group u are. because there will two separate queries for two separate group of people. please first judge urself which group u belong and then answer the question for ur group.

QUERY 1 for DIE HARD ASHRAFUL LOVERS: ( this is for ppl who thinks ashraful should be in the team for his past match winning performances and his capabilities to win matches, class is permanent but form is temporary and it is only a matter of time he will mature and will spark again play match winning innings for BD, and there is no better replacement.):"How long do you think Ashraful should keep a place in the national team provided he continues to be inconsistent and giving away his wicket playing silly shots? in other words, what performance by ashraful will finally make u decide that its enough, ashraful should now be dropped? "

QUERY 2 for DIE HARD ASHRAFUL HATERS: ( this is for ppl who thinks ashraful should not be in the team only for his past match winning performances and his capabilities to win matches. although class is permanent and form is temporary but form is more important. and we cannot afford somebody like ashraful for only his history as he is never gonna mature and play consistently ever, rather we should give others the chances):"As it looks likely that Ashraful will get a place in the WI squad, what performance by ashraful will finally make u decide that ashraful has matured, and from then on he deserves a regular place in the BD team, and he can be forgiven for misusing his talent with lack of consistency and maturity ?

NB. if u are not in either of the above category then looks like u are neutral, a good intelligent thinker or may be an idiot, or may be u dont care whether ASH is in the team or not. in that case its time, u can join any of the group and answer the query or u can just ignore this thread or enjoy the thread with what ppl are saying (if any).

thanks to all.

Old September 26, 2011, 12:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

I just rechecked my URL to see if I haven't accidentally entered www.ashraful-alochona.com. The guy generate so much interest among BC fans and that alone is enough to give him a place in the starting eleven.

Ashraful should be in the team till he decides he cant walk and talk anymore . He along with SHAKIB are the only match winners we have . I would rather play Ashraful 100 innings and win 5 matches than play Sir Imrul Kayes/Sir Rokibul Hossain who will give us 100 shommaanjonok porajoys.

Unless proven match winners come in to the side we have to stick with Ash .
Old September 26, 2011, 02:23 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

query 2: Consistent performance in the wi series in every match..a single match or two wont do for me..and will have to show that now he posses a brain that can actually work
Old September 26, 2011, 03:27 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I guess i am a neutral idiot so I will have a go at answering both questions

Response as an Ash-Fan (don't want to say lover): Although it is true Ashraful kisudin dhore run paitesena but since Class is permanent and memory is temporary yet form is cyclical, based on that simple fact I think very soon Ash will convert his Eid innings into some kinda Nofol roja innings (maash e tin ta valo innings). So I believe we should have faith that he will bat oil in the WI series. My expectation is that ash will average 24 in the series but with the help of Utpal shuvro that average will be made to look like 74 and he will continue on to pakistan series.

Die Hard Ash-hater: Ash should be replaced even if he scores a triple century because we have talented lower order failures like Naeem Islam who is a genuine top order prospect due to the brilliant technical skills he displays facing new ball pace bowling.

One must also mention Khocha Nafees who has made the region behind the slips and wicket keeper a signature region of his own for his brilliant shotmaking.

and who can forget the talented Rockibul hassan a brilliant boy trapped in Izaz Butt's mind who has the tenacity and skill to pick out close in fielders with pin-point accuracy.

All in all with the abundance of talent at our disposal, I feel Ash needs to average at least 113 per innings to warrant a place in this side.
Old September 26, 2011, 04:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Ashraful should be in the team as long he can perform better than the contenders of his position.

And he should be dropped when ever we have a more consistent performer than him

While you have only bringing borderline cases, without a better performance records in about 50 matches; leave it on to the selectors. When a player averages the same as Ash, Ash gets selected due to his occassional match Wining inningses. so it's basically a comparison between a normal beggar and a bit charismatic beggar.

All these discussions wouldn't happen if we had a better performer than him. Some people expected Rokibul/Junaid will perform better if given time... They got over 4 years and around 50 matches, they have managed to get an average 2/3 betterr than Ash, due to Ned / Zim etc matches, but never stood out with an innings when it mattered for the victory of the team, which Ash clearly did in a few occasions. So, that keeps him ahead of the people he is in competition.

I would personally like to see a consistent Ash or another consistently better player to replace him. So in order to replace Ash, it's not necessary to only point his weakness, we need to find out who is better than him. Not who will be better than him, such assumptions are even spoiling Ash's ability and giving us players who even fail to do what Ash has shown he can do occasionally. Bochore ekbar polao/Eid is better than no polao/Eid in life time.
Old September 26, 2011, 05:41 AM
Cricket Sage

I'm so sick of hearing this occassionally crap. When was the last time Sir. Ashraful played such exceptional knock to get us a win?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old September 26, 2011, 06:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

sorry to say but "kdpp"
Allah bachao
Old September 26, 2011, 06:45 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

consistent and ash doesn't go together anymore..we should give up on him and look for a far worse talented player then ash but a consistent player
Old September 26, 2011, 07:17 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

we all need rehabilitation, too addicted to Ash.
Old September 26, 2011, 08:05 AM
ODI Cricketer

I hope for the sake of BD cricket this guy Ashraful is kicked out of the team as soon as possible. He wasn't in the squad for our best series victory ever last year and we won 4-0, he also wasn't in the England wc game so it's a myth that Ashraful is needed for us to win, he hasn't won us a single match in many years. Last year in Zimbabwe series we lost the 1st odi and Ashraful was playing but then he was dropped and we won all the other odi. I hope he is replaced as soon as possible.
Old September 26, 2011, 08:19 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

There's an (American) expression, "stick that in your pipe and smoke it" which is used triumphantly after rebutting another's point/argument/delusion and indicating to them that they should consider their ideas more deeply.
e.g. A: Ash was the highest run scorer in the one-off test against Zimbabwe and is our classiest batsman. He should definitely be in the playing XI against the Windies.
B: Yes, but he has averaged a massive 7 in ODIs in 2011, so you can stuff that in your pipe and smoke it.

(Any resemblance to people real or fictional, is purely coincidental. See Urban Dictionary for more: http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...e+and+smoke+it)

Unfortunately, even after our selectors, Board, etc have been shown Ashraful's repeated failings and told to 'stick it in their pipe and smoke it', all that seems to be left after the smoke clears is ash.
Old September 26, 2011, 09:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Unfortunately, even after our selectors, Board, etc have been shown Ashraful's repeated failings and told to 'stick it in their pipe and smoke it', all that seems to be left after the smoke clears is ash.
And its toxic for your lungs.
Old September 26, 2011, 09:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

I think all the idiot selectors are in love with Ashraful, they seem to think he is bradman, lara and tendulkar all in one. Even the idiot media is always singing praise of Ashraful.
Old September 26, 2011, 10:42 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKBoss
I hope for the sake of BD cricket this guy Ashraful is kicked out of the team as soon as possible. He wasn't in the squad for our best series victory ever last year and we won 4-0, he also wasn't in the England wc game so it's a myth that Ashraful is needed for us to win, he hasn't won us a single match in many years. Last year in Zimbabwe series we lost the 1st odi and Ashraful was playing but then he was dropped and we won all the other odi. I hope he is replaced as soon as possible.
Old September 26, 2011, 10:46 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

If I was the selector, he would not be in the team. I used to be intrigued with his talent and potential, but after 169 ODI matches, the shine is off. To convince me, he has to be consistent and should eschew stupid shots completely.
Old September 26, 2011, 11:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
If I was the selector, he would not be in the team. I used to be intrigued with his talent and potential, but after 169 ODI matches, the shine is off. To convince me, he has to be consistent and should eschew stupid shots completely.
169 odi's, that's more than what many great players have played. And after playing so many matches he claims he needs support and was treated unfairly and always comes up with more excuses. I hope WI series is the last we see of him.
Old September 26, 2011, 12:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i don't want him in the team unles he can score 50+ runs in EVERY match of the following series and stops runninh his partners out!
Old September 26, 2011, 05:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tam,Soum,Musy,Mustaf

As a fan we should respect our players.To be honest as a person i should not criticise any one who is more capable than me.We love cricket, yes it's true some times our cricketers are not performing as they should do in the field but i will not blame them bcz atleast they are tryting.I know Imrul k, javed omar,rakibul all the slow starter anf ash, alok, aftab's are unpredictable but atleast they have some quality to play for a nation.Please we should not open this kind of threat.
I am sry again to my bc frnds, pls don't take anything personally
Old September 26, 2011, 10:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Ashraful should be in the team as long he can perform better than the contenders of his position.

And he should be dropped when ever we have a more consistent performer than him

While you have only bringing borderline cases, without a better performance records in about 50 matches; leave it on to the selectors. When a player averages the same as Ash, Ash gets selected due to his occassional match Wining inningses. so it's basically a comparison between a normal beggar and a bit charismatic beggar.

All these discussions wouldn't happen if we had a better performer than him. Some people expected Rokibul/Junaid will perform better if given time... They got over 4 years and around 50 matches, they have managed to get an average 2/3 betterr than Ash, due to Ned / Zim etc matches, but never stood out with an innings when it mattered for the victory of the team, which Ash clearly did in a few occasions. So, that keeps him ahead of the people he is in competition.

I would personally like to see a consistent Ash or another consistently better player to replace him. So in order to replace Ash, it's not necessary to only point his weakness, we need to find out who is better than him. Not who will be better than him, such assumptions are even spoiling Ash's ability and giving us players who even fail to do what Ash has shown he can do occasionally. Bochore ekbar polao/Eid is better than no polao/Eid in life time.
Before we had to depend on Ash to win matches. I would say it was up to 2009 where we had to rely on an Ash eid innings to win us ODI's. We also had him in the test team because we just didn't have another batsman that could hit multiple centuries. That was the state of our cricket before.

Then 2010 hit and things have definitely changed. We found out that Shakib could win us matches more consistently then Ash could, actually Shakib started his heroics in 2009 as well and then Tamim showed that he can score multiple test centuries and he scores test centuries at a much quicker rate then Ash. So now Ash isn't the main guy relied upon to win us ODI's and score test centuries.

So now there lies another problem. A solid #3 and #4 in our batting order and that unfortunately has not been solved yet. So we need consistent batsmen who can bat there. So Ash could be a regular in the team by just being consistent and he doesn't have to shoulder the responsibility of winning matches. But the question is has he even been consistent? No. He's been far from it. Even Rock and Junaid had a better average and SR in 2010 and 2011. And another thing to note is that Ash didn't even win us match in these 2 years. So that's what makes his average even worse. The blame goes on the team management for not giving an extended run to Naeem and Mushy in the top order when Junaid and Rokibul were struggling. If we had tried that in 2010, we could have solved the #3 and #4 problem and we wouldn't even be discussing Ash being back.

So I'll say this again. He's not depended on to win us ODI's, he's not depended on to win us matches, he's not depended on being consistent, so the question is what does Ash have to offer for our team? He really doesn't have much to offer for our cricket anymore. Would I have wanted Ash to become a great player? Of course. Everyone in Bangladesh would. Unfortunately he hasn't lived up to his talent and it's time to move on. And it's not only Ash that's a victim of underachieving. Kambli and Jamie How are a few good examples. You also see in other sports, players under achieving. There's no point of sobbing over it. Bangladesh cricket has to move on without Ash and we need to go on and try other talents.
Old September 27, 2011, 04:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Before we had to depend on Ash to win matches. I would say it was up to 2009 where we had to rely on an Ash eid innings to win us ODI's. We also had him in the test team because we just didn't have another batsman that could hit multiple centuries. That was the state of our cricket before.

You know, i wrote a few long posts on this in another thread. Dont like to run it agan. Having TI & Shak doesnt complete the team. Then we didnt have to depend on Ash for repectability against Zim test.

This is a very disturbing trend, that, when ever we have a better player emerging, we start comparing him and try to make the others redundant. Thinking that he alone is enough to win matches, damages the team. We need 11 players who has the ability to take the responsibility on occassions, someone will do more often than others, that's the situation in every team, that makes a team balanced.

Problem is, when you have a player who can make 25/30 consistanytly will have a high average to argue, but when responsibility of rescuing the team comes on his shoulder, demanding a big knock, he spoils trouser, bcoz he cant do more. Not that Ash can do it consistently, he has done it on occassions & his recent form inspires hope.Given the amount of mishandling he has undergone in JS era and still he is determined to be back in form, earns my respect. Very few can do that, like almost all his contemporaries have almost given up the game or hope of improving. Makes him an exceptionally determined character. This guy has the ability and he will be back, wheather we like it or not, matters less. But I have hope. I would love to change him with only a proven player or when the three (Mentioned Bellow) are set, then bring in 2 more promising new guys. you cant fill up the team with all promises & no performance, then we go back to the days of 2001-2002.

Currently I can see, TI, Shak, Mushy well set ..But.... Riyad, Nayeem, Naseer has promises only, needs to do it consitently against betterteams to make him redundant. Even after that we will have two more slots for genuine Batsmen capable of taking responsibility at times, if Shak takes an all rounders slot. That will make us a stronger team to face the bigger teams confidently. But Managing this change is tricky and shouldnt be done overnight.

... I want the team to win matches against bigger teams and save us from humiliations against smaller ones'. Failure of all the top order like Zim Test & looking at Ash to come to rescue, makes me feel thatwe aren't yet ready to leave him out. I'm afraid, we are not yet out of that scenario completely (Bold)
Old September 27, 2011, 05:04 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazis2007
As a fan we should respect our players.To be honest as a person i should not criticise any one who is more capable than me.We love cricket, yes it's true some times our cricketers are not performing as they should do in the field but i will not blame them bcz atleast they are tryting.I know Imrul k, javed omar,rakibul all the slow starter anf ash, alok, aftab's are unpredictable but atleast they have some quality to play for a nation.Please we should not open this kind of threat.
I am sry again to my bc frnds, pls don't take anything personally

We can always oppose any decision in much more respectable language. Eta amader bhashar doinnota na, eta amader manoshikotar doinnota.
Old September 27, 2011, 06:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
You know, i wrote a few long posts on this in another thread. Dont like to run it agan. Having TI & Shak doesnt complete the team. Then we didnt have to depend on Ash for repectability against Zim test.

This is a very disturbing trend, that, when ever we have a better player emerging, we start comparing him and try to make the others redundant. Thinking that he alone is enough to win matches, damages the team. We need 11 players who has the ability to take the responsibility on occassions, someone will do more often than others, that's the situation in every team, that makes a team balanced.

Problem is, when you have a player who can make 25/30 consistanytly will have a high average to argue, but when responsibility of rescuing the team comes on his shoulder, demanding a big knock, he spoils trouser, bcoz he cant do more. Not that Ash can do it consistently, he has done it on occassions & his recent form inspires hope.Given the amount of mishandling he has undergone in JS era and still he is determined to be back in form, earns my respect. Very few can do that, like almost all his contemporaries have almost given up the game or hope of improving. Makes him an exceptionally determined character. This guy has the ability and he will be back, wheather we like it or not, matters less. But I have hope. I would love to change him with only a proven player or when the three (Mentioned Bellow) are set, then bring in 2 more promising new guys. you cant fill up the team with all promises & no performance, then we go back to the days of 2001-2002.

Currently I can see, TI, Shak, Mushy well set ..But.... Riyad, Nayeem, Naseer has promises only, needs to do it consitently against betterteams to make him redundant. Even after that we will have two more slots for genuine Batsmen capable of taking responsibility at times, if Shak takes an all rounders slot. That will make us a stronger team to face the bigger teams confidently. But Managing this change is tricky and shouldnt be done overnight.

... I want the team to win matches against bigger teams and save us from humiliations against smaller ones'. Failure of all the top order like Zim Test & looking at Ash to come to rescue, makes me feel thatwe aren't yet ready to leave him out. I'm afraid, we are not yet out of that scenario completely (Bold)
That's really the main problem of not only the fans but also our selectors. We just feel that we still need Ash. It really is a defensive mindset. What was his performance like against the WI in the 2 tests? He had done virtually nothing in those tests and yet we won. Then when Ash decided to take a break in the England series, did we end up getting out for 100? No. As a matter of fact we scored 260 in 1 game and had it not been for bad officiating, we would have won. And the other 2 matches we ended up scoring above 200. Then in the 2 test matches against England, we ended up scoring 296, 331, 419, and 285. And then the NZ series, we ended up winning without Ash. And the WC win against England. It's not like we're getting 50 or 60 all out without Ash. So I don't understand what type of impact he's making to the team. Problem is though, the selectors are just too scared to leave out Ash for a long period of time because they just feel we need him which is not the case.

My point is that it's just no point of trying to make it work with a repeated failure such as Ash. Same goes for Junaid, Aftab, and Rokibul as well. You gotta keep on trying different combinations and keep chopping and changing away so that you finally get a lineup that's right. Does risks come with it? Sure it does. But risks is what we have to take. No point of just throwing in a 23 avg batsman in the top order and expect miracles.
Old September 27, 2011, 06:58 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Ash naki wc er pore biye kore??? Khobor nai keno????

Old September 27, 2011, 07:00 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Ash naki wc er pore biye kore??? Khobor nai keno????

lamisa raji hoitesena
Old September 27, 2011, 07:10 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
lamisa raji hoitesena
Ekta kotha ache na, thakte Keu chinena, haraia gele chiny....lam er dosha o same hobe dekhben..eto bhalo Shami r pabena