facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 17, 2012, 01:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul
Default England Vs South Africa 2012

Mouth watering prospect- England Vs South Africa.

Full Tour Schedule

First Test starts from July 19. It will be a huge test for South Africa to face England at their backyard. It will be also interesting to see how South Africa manage to cope with this formidable English side and vice versa. Hopefully weather will remain good so that we can fully enjoy this series. Looking forward to Dale Steyn Vs Kevin Pietersen battle!

Old July 17, 2012, 01:51 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

can't wait for this. should be more interesting to watch this series than Ashes imv.
Old July 17, 2012, 02:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Yeah great series, it would have been more great if they could fit in Five Test matches other than those ODIs
Old July 17, 2012, 02:08 PM
Cricket Sage

This is going to be one heck of a series. These 2 teams have the best fast bowling line up in the world right now, and a really a good batting line up as well. KP will deliver big time you can count on that.
Old July 17, 2012, 03:10 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
Mouth watering prospect- England Vs South Africa.
I would change the title to "Month of water in progress"
Old July 17, 2012, 04:28 PM
Cricket Legend

true
Old July 18, 2012, 12:11 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

DS, Philly, Morkel, Anders, Bresnan, Finn, Broad in overcast conditions. Yes please.

But this is during Olympics, shouldn't they have started with T20 first to attract some tourist.
Old July 18, 2012, 01:36 AM
Street Cricketer

best.. both are best test teams.. england tem is little bit better for south african.
Old July 18, 2012, 05:04 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Hoping for it to be similar to the ashes contest of 2005 which was by far the best Test series I had ever seen.

I like Test matches where bowlers dominate majority of the sessions and the batters are up against it from ball one and this really could turn out to be one such series.

I think England still holds the edge because with the presence of Anderson, Broad, Finn/Bresnan, Swann, the attack doesn't really have a weakling. In the South African attack, Steyn and Morkel are obviously world class but we would have to see if Taheer can step up in the spin department or if Philander can continue his magical run of wickets against the English top order. Under overcast conditions the toss could be vital in the first test. Looking forward to some good old test cricket for the weekend.

Last edited by Jadukor; July 18, 2012 at 09:33 PM..
Old July 18, 2012, 03:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

IMO England is favourite to win this test series. But I'll go with a draw a result in the 1st test. There is high chance of weather dusturbance on first couple days. So this game gonna be bit twisting for batsmen with those swing bowlers in a slopy green pitch from both sides. Some early innings declaration can change the game also.
Old July 19, 2012, 05:21 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

South Africa takes one out in the first over! Strauss gone!
Old July 19, 2012, 07:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Haha! Morne Morkel hinted at an interview earlier this year that Andrew Strauss is his bunny. That's why he took the new ball ahead of Steyn and he has kept his word.
Old July 19, 2012, 08:55 AM
Cricket Legend

SA not looking in good shape after that first wicket
Old July 19, 2012, 10:15 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Haha! Morne Morkel hinted at an interview earlier this year that Andrew Strauss is his bunny. That's why he took the new ball ahead of Steyn and he has kept his word.
Nope. Check previous few series. DS has been the 1st change bowler. He has been for a while.

Team like SA wouldn't do something like that. They are pros.
Old July 19, 2012, 10:21 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Not Looking good for South Africa: Flat Pitch!

and OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT 2 down!

170/2.
Old July 19, 2012, 10:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Expected fightback from SA but disappointed watching shoulders going down easily
Old July 19, 2012, 12:52 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

ECB need to stop hanging out with BCCI. As soon as they hit "Number 1", they started to make flat pitches. What ever happened to the days when team played like number one, instead playing to keep that tag?

Thats why I miss the days when Aus was number one, and no body even bothered to look at the rankings.
Old July 19, 2012, 12:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Nope. Check previous few series. DS has been the 1st change bowler. He has been for a while.
In the last Test series SA played, Steyn took the new ball in all bar one innings (in 6 innings). So I don't think he has been the first change bowler regularly. Don't know where you got that from. Steyn not taking the new ball today owes partly to the fact that he averages 31 against left-handers as opposed to 18 against right handers. But the main reason is that Morne Morkel has consistently got the better of Andrew Strauss in their duels. And my assertion is supported by Cricinfo:

Quote:
Tactic of the day
It had been widely anticipated in the run-up to the series that the new ball would be shared by Dale Steyn and Vernon Philander. With good reason, too. Not only had the South African camp suggested that would be the case, but this was just the second time since 2005 that Steyn had played a Test without opening the bowling in the first innings. It was, therefore, something of a surprise that Morne Morkel was preferred to Steyn with the new ball. Perhaps we should not have been surprised: Morkel had dismissed Strauss six times in Tests before this game - often operating from round the wicket - and the tactic brought immediate reward when England's captain was dismissed in the first over.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-...ry/573100.html

Quote:
Team like SA wouldn't do something like that. They are pros.
I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean. A professional team would not tweak their tactics to get results?
Old July 19, 2012, 01:21 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

I think England has played far too many matches on home soil. Take them out and they arent that good. Afterall they couldnt win the series against SL at SL. And we know what happened in the WC
Old July 19, 2012, 01:23 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
In the last Test series SA played, Steyn took the new ball in all bar one innings (in 6 innings). So I don't think he has been the first change bowler regularly. Don't know where you got that from. Steyn not taking the new ball today owes partly to the fact that he averages 31 against left-handers as opposed to 18 against right handers. But the main reason is that Morne Morkel has consistently got the better of Andrew Strauss in their duels. And my assertion is supported by Cricinfo:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-...ry/573100.html

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean. A professional team would not tweak their tactics to get results?
I was thinking about MM while talking about DM. MORKEL is the first change. Got those 2 mixed up.

And by that I meant they wouldn't change their bowling line up just like that based around an interview or some personal agenda. Because that's kinda what it sounded like reading that post. But I stand corrected. It was an ACTUAL thing.
Old July 20, 2012, 06:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Solid comeback from the SA bowlers. You can never write them off. Curious to see how AB de Villiers performs batting at no. 5 after keeping for 120+ overs.
Old July 20, 2012, 08:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

England 385 all out. Well this is quite good total by English in the end, considering SA bowlers' bounce back form since morning second day. Now, We can hope for a result out of this exciting test. Let see how African's handles English swing bowlers.
Old July 20, 2012, 01:11 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Evensteven day. No one really dominated. Quite boring.
Old July 20, 2012, 01:26 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

There is a real game going on here, and everyone's so worried about some stupid warmup stuff.
Old July 20, 2012, 09:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

after having followed philander in his county runs i didn't expect him to be as dominant as he's been so far in his test career, still think he's a terrific bowler though.