facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 7, 2014, 02:28 PM

Default Chandika Hathurusinghe Thread

Questions for Coach Chandika Hathurusinghe:

> If you can't manage one single player, how on earth you would manage eleven players?

> Did you take a course on man management? If so, why you did not sit with Shakib and talk to him one to one basis?

> You don't even got a chance to know the players well yet and you started to complain about them to BCB? Weren't you hired to manage the players rather complaining?

> Now that BCB f****d you up, how you are going to work with the other players as you might have lost their faith (in you)?

Well, I only hope now you would be courageous and intelligent enough to sort this saga between Shakib and BCB up and unite and motivate the team for a better future.

Good luck

Old July 7, 2014, 02:38 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

I feel for Chandika Hathurusingha. He is getting a poor introduction to Bangladesh cricket because of Shakib's antics.
Cricket Sage

> If you can't manage one single player, how on earth you would manage eleven players?

May be he did managed the situation very well, you just failed to see it.

> Did you take a course on man management? If so, why you did not sit with Shakib and talk to him one to one basis?

You don't know exactly what happened between him and Sahib. You just heard Shakib's version. And Shaib already shown enough evidence that he is a flip-flopper.

> You don't even got a chance to know the players well yet and you started to complain about them to BCB? Weren't you hired to manage the players rather complaining?

Again it all depends what happened at that time. What Sakib said to him and his attitude towards him.

KP daa you you are opening too many threads.... very non KP like behabiour. are you ok?

For this whole saga its main;ly Shakib who is mainly to blame... pointless to drag the caoch into this mess.

> Now that BCB f****d you up, how you are going to work with the other players as you might have lost their faith (in you)?

Well, I only hope now you would be courageous and intelligent enough to sort this saga between Shakib and BCB up and unite and motivate the team for a better future.

Good luck [/QUOTE]
Cricket Guru

Can't hold back temptation to answer the question for the coach - throw one detractor out and focus on the rest of the team?

The strategy seem to work in most team management cases
Old July 7, 2014, 02:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCricketFanx
I feel for Chandika Hathurusingha. He is getting a poor introduction to Bangladesh cricket because of Shakib's antics.
Exactly and mad shaib;s fans are dragging the new coach into the ground.
Old July 7, 2014, 02:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Hathurisingha is actually hired by West Indies cricket team to take Best bangladeshi player out of the team. Now WI A team can take care of Bangladesh team. Good luck!!
Old July 7, 2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Can't hold back temptation to answer the question for the coach - throw one detractor out and focus on the rest of the team?

The strategy seem to work in most team management cases
It's only a good strategy to take out the roots when you fail to use all other tools and measures, no?
Old July 7, 2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Exactly and mad shaib;s fans are dragging the new coach into the ground.
Fazal bhai, I am not dragging the coach into the ground. What I am saying coach should have his patience and handle the situation differently. Here he had the opportunity to show his managing skills rather he complained to BCB and corrupt BCB took the chance to utilize the situation to show off their power and authority.

I would say BCB has dragged the coach into the ground. Now it might be very difficult for him to work with other players in the team.
Old July 7, 2014, 03:28 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush

I would say BCB has dragged the coach into the ground. Now it might be very difficult for him to work with other players in the team.
If the coach personally do not discuss this situation with the players openly now, the locker room will be lost. No one wants to work in hostile situation. Players are on Shakib's side no matter what. The coach is a new person where the players may not open up to him. More now with this incident.

P.S. I wish the rest 10 would have misbehaved like Shakib and performed like shakib. We would have won so many games.
Old July 7, 2014, 04:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

TE bhai, can i quote this personally? For example in my FB? Maybe I should have PM'ed you, this seems a personal question. But then I thought some others might use it as well depending on your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
P.S. I wish the rest 10 would have misbehaved like Shakib and performed like shakib. We would have won so many games.
Old July 7, 2014, 04:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahsan
TE bhai, can i quote this personally? For example in my FB? Maybe I should have PM'ed you, this seems a personal question. But then I thought some others might use it as well depending on your reply.
lol, for sure, go ahead.
Old July 7, 2014, 05:03 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:

That's the point I wanted to get at. Screw all these off field behavior and so called decorum. Beta ra age valo kore khelok tarpor egula shob dekha jabe. ato vodro dekhe laab ki judi Hong Kong ar Ireland er shathe na jit te pare?
Old July 7, 2014, 05:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:

Hehe, well said.
In Bangladesh, professionals are often judged by their behaviour ( as haat kochlano,salam/adab,matha nichu, putuputu bebohar) not by their contribution/ efficiency which is why in every sector there are incompetent people.

As for Haturi da, I think he did the right.thing if Sakib really said this, the fact that he is a new coach it was more difficult for him to manage a player he barely knows, he had to give it up to BCB.
The problem is Papon khalu, from now on he is my shot khalu, the other problem is Loot us uncleji.who very recently criticized BCB forgiving our players too much space or lie (bangla) , this might have fired up Pap Khalu.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old July 7, 2014, 05:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Questions for Coach Chandika Hathurusinghe:

)
This is precisely what I was thinking for two days now. What kind of coach is he? I don't know how the discussion between sakib and him went. But it's inconceivable that sakib threatened to retire out of the blue. The conversation must have gone that far. What did he do to manage.

Second, if it was the coach's wish to make sure that all players have to be part of the two weeks training session before the WI tour, when did he let the players know? When did he let the board and the team management know? The story goes that even Akram did not know about this particular wish of the coach.
Old July 7, 2014, 05:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

I could not find a single concrete reason of the punishment outside the "he has a sever attitude problem .... beyadob." Since he came back without playing CPL, so CPL is not an issue anymore. Changing of hotel room is an issue team management should have dealt with at the time when it happened. That cannot be the reason for being banned for six months.
Old July 7, 2014, 05:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

Anything left is personal (and/or some group within BCB) vendetta. BCB's incompetency at its best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafizraju
I could not find a single concrete reason of the punishment outside the "he has a sever attitude problem .... beyadob." Since he came back without playing CPL, so CPL is not an issue anymore. Changing of hotel room is an issue team management should have dealt with at the time when it happened. That cannot be the reason for being banned for six months.
Old July 7, 2014, 09:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Bangladesh pichichia jachche. Bangladesh cricketer shonali din shesh!! Ar hobe na!!
Old July 7, 2014, 09:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafizraju

BCB hochche beadob. BCB bangladesh faner shathe beadobi korche. Moger mulluk.
Shakib ke chara Afganistan aisha chorai gesse galer modhe. WI to ijjot luita nibe shakib ke chara.
Old July 8, 2014, 03:36 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Sorry but you cannot blame on the project/team manager just because one person in the team is very difficult o manage. Mr Hature did the right thing (hate to admit) by telling on him.
Old July 8, 2014, 03:48 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by shujan
Bangladesh pichichia jachche. Bangladesh cricketer shonali din shesh!! Ar hobe na!!
ato hashir ki hoilo bhai?
Old July 8, 2014, 04:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
Sorry but you cannot blame on the project/team manager just because one person in the team is very difficult o manage. Mr Hature did the right thing (hate to admit) by telling on him.

I always was Shakib's fan, watched and supported him every single T20 played for other country's.

People here just need to wake up and understand just because you support someone doesn't mean even when they do wrong you have to support.
Old July 8, 2014, 06:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Ever wondered why foreign coaches dont stay, and why the good ones dont want to come even if we could afford their salaries.
Old July 8, 2014, 07:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

CH handled things properly. This event won't have any negative impact on other players...Bangali hoilo shokter bhokto noromer jom. You have to let people know you're a gangsta to be able to manage people in Bangladesh. If anything it'll work in CH's favor as players will realize this is a no nonsense guy. That said it's BCB that effed up once again. The punishment was too harsh.
Old July 8, 2014, 07:36 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Ever wondered why foreign coaches dont stay, and why the good ones dont want to come even if we could afford their salaries.
Exactly....we the fans don't deserve this kind of no-nonsense coach, we are not ready for it. We talk big talk, but then when we get what we wanted, we don't like it.

So next time we get another SJ or JS type coach, we should rather not comaplain say faltu kotha barta that we need a strict coach.... we are not ready for it.... the players are not ready...moreover the fans are not ready for it.

So the next time when young player give half hearted effort, a superstar play with don't care attitute, when players think that earning more money ( going out of country without applying for NOC in time or over night advertising shooting before a national game next day) is more important than his obligation to the national team or think playing for the national team is kind of wasting his time instead of thinking its a previlidge representing the national team, skipping training, showing no respect to authority, showing bad body language in the field, beating fans... etc ... etc don't complain...beacuse that's what we deserve.
Old July 8, 2014, 07:47 AM
Cricket Legend

If Hathurusingha personally kicked Shakib and Tamim out of the camp for disciplinary reasons we would have crucified him. He would have become the enemy of the state, blamed for all things bad happening to BD cricket.

It was absolutely right for him to point out these differences to the board. I am pretty sure there are other trouble makers in the team who will now take the coach more seriously.

Did he not take a course on man management? Pretty ridiculous thing to ask abt such a capable and highly rated coach. BCB, the players must learn a thing or two from him. With a fraction of resources his country has gone past the giants of cricket year after year. They must have a way, we need to be humble and learn from him. For a sub continental coach to get a role in Australia, he must possess some knowledge. For all the world class Sri Lankan cricketers to speak so highly of him, surely they must be respecting him for the contributions he has made to their cricket.

Of course if Bangladesh continues to flop and go nowhere a year down the line, feel free to open a hundred threads asking for his head. But until then please halt the knee jerk reactions and divert that energy towards the people who are responsible for the state which we are in today.