facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 5, 2004, 07:13 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza
Default One Way to Draw.....

Todays play ensured that WI will not lose this match. Well, there was never much chances, except theoritically. But, from here on, the only respectable result bd can manage is a draw. Enough for us, since that would ensure that lara has to resign and we get the moral win. But the question is, how?

Tomorrow, WI will be at least 300 runs ahead of us in the first innings. They have seven wicket and a set bats man. Even though they have only 6 player who can bat, we need to get 7 wicket before we can really stop them from scoring because of the night watch man, teno best.

Overcoming the 300 odd runs and then going into lead, is wishful dreaming. The only way to draw the match is to batt for two days, at last least for 5 sessons. Is it possible? highly unlikely. but we can do one thing that would definately increase the chance. OPEN WITH TAREQ AZIZ.

i'm serious. Not only he helped two centuries, he stayed not out on all 3 innings he played. Not that, he didn't face enough balls or the bowlers didn't try enough, but they simply failed to out him. He didn't score much, but we don't need that. he kept it cool on one side and wasted the balls. thats what we need. lets move "first ball" hannan down the order and open with tareq aziz. He'll make sure one side is safe. The other side has to try the same too, and that should bring us a good chance to ensure a draw. before u, say its a silly or impractical idea, think of it first and then give u your thoughts.

Old June 5, 2004, 07:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Despite the West Indies winning the first two days, Bangladesh can win from here.

If Bangladesh can get a couple of wickets in the first session tomorrow, then the long WI tail could see them all out for 375 or less.

The Bangladesh batsmen then need to bat as well as their tail does, and if they can get a score of 350, then thats 250-odd to get.

And the West Indies are well capable of collapsing in the fourth innings for less than 250.
Old June 5, 2004, 07:49 PM

u are telling this, but u have no idea about the 2nd innings batting collaspe of bd. they never ever (really?) batted more on second innings than on first innings. no way for win, only a thin chance of draw. and thats only if they can get rid of sarwan quick and don't let powel set in. chandu or jacobs, not that big deal. the other two are most dangerous.
Old June 5, 2004, 07:53 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
don't let powel set in.

[Edited on 6-6-2004 by reverse_swing]
Old June 5, 2004, 08:04 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by AgentSmith
they never ever (really?) batted more on second innings than on first innings.
They did. Example: Asian Test Championship match against Sri Lanka.
Old June 5, 2004, 09:14 PM
Cricket Guru

there is no way to draw..match is gone in WI hand...our fielders and bowlers had a terrible day. Tommorrow WI will score 600 runs and declare. Bd innings will end 250(max)
Old June 5, 2004, 09:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

The match is gone mate. There is no way on earth we can save this one. It was just a horrific display by our fielders yet again! It’s difficult to believe really. But the fact is, we don’t know how to catch..that’s it. I honestly believe we could have enforced the follow-on had we held our catches in the first match ‘n here we could have been competitive with the catches being held. But it’s hopeless now. I’m rather looking forward to Asia Cup where we have a match against Hong Kong. Surely we can’t lose that one! No matter how many catches we drop. Can we?
Old June 5, 2004, 10:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

I simply recall the WI vs. Eng Test 1 in the same ground (11-15 March 2004).

Here is the scorecard.

The present WI can be all out in 47. Ofcourse I understand the difference between Eng and BD. But a good session and some good display by our bowlers and fielders may dramatically change everything.

I am still in the hope.
Old June 5, 2004, 10:15 PM

with all th respect to abhs, i'll tired to listening to that 47 thing again and again and yet again. th fact is, they are leading us by few runs at the end of day 2 with 7 wickets on their hand. doesn't matter how good our bowlers is, they have to depend on fielders to catch the ball. as long as we can't do that (whats so hard about it? other than mental block?) we can't hope for anything else but innings defeat.
Old June 5, 2004, 10:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

I understand your points, Agentsmith.
For the mentioned dramatic change, ofcourse the fielders should also change and stop their display of dropping simple catches.

The reason that I am still in the hope is that WI tail in very few cases last long. I am confident that after poor fielding in Day 2 (Bowling was not that bad), the fielder would show some positive display in the 3rd day.

If not, I know, I know........
Let's not lose our hope.
Old June 5, 2004, 10:31 PM
Cricket Legend

i see our present bangladeshi batsmen could be all out before 47 if you leave out the lower order batsmen. you know whom i am talking about. # 1.pilot 2. rafique 3. tapash. 4. taric.

Second innings
Old June 5, 2004, 10:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by rassel
i see our present bangladeshi batsmen could be all out before 47 if you leave out the lower order batsmen. you know whom i am talking about. # 1.pilot 2. rafique 3. tapash. 4. taric.

Second innings
These lower order batsmen are our asset and there is no question that we would leave out them. Although, we like to see our top order batsmen clicking, we are unfortunate in many instances. These tail-enders are saving us from humiliation.

So be sure, we would for the time being never be all out in 47!
Old June 5, 2004, 10:46 PM

its so frustrating to see that how only ONE man can change the whole scenerio. in this case, hannan is THE MAN. because of him our batsmen had to be in pressure from the biggining. one of them did too bad, but still nothing shows shiny since everything started with a blunder. then our bowlers, true that lara-sawran made them look below ordinary at somepoint, they didn't bowl bad on a overall basis. just add those easy catch drops and u'll see some great bowling. in this case, hannan leading them again. after day 2, he's the only one to blame for our situation right now.
Old June 5, 2004, 10:48 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Any major Change in batting order is silly!

this game all depends on our Top-Order batsmen now!

One thing can be said straight: This match-result depends on Hannan-Javed-Bashar-Ash from now on!

as we all know.. the others will do well enough... but will not be enough to Draw this match!!

So these four top-ord batsmen willl be solely responsible for the result of this match!!! which can only be DRAW or LOSE!!

[Edited on 6-6-2004 by crickethorizon]
Old June 5, 2004, 10:49 PM
Cricket Legend

One lesson that we fans should have learnt from our team's outing in the one dayers and in the first test is that IT AIN'T OVER UNTIL THE FAT LADY SINGS.
Old June 5, 2004, 10:52 PM
Cricket Legend

"never be all out in 47!"

I don’t think West Indies ever thought of getting all out in 47 either, so I wouldn’t use “never” especially team like us and West Indies, and Zimbabwe as well. These are the most unpredictable team in test match arena.
Old June 5, 2004, 11:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by rassel
"never be all out in 47!"

I don’t think West Indies ever thought of getting all out in 47 either, so I wouldn’t use “never” especially team like us and West Indies, and Zimbabwe as well. These are the most unpredictable team in test match arena.
You missed the words, "for the time being".
While the uncertainty of Cricket is unanimously accepted, and unpredictibilty of Bangladesh may also not be questioned, untill we will have this consistently perforforming tail, I am confident that Bangladesh will not be out in 47.

WI had been passing bad time with inconsistency in any of the top or lower order for sometime. It was therefore not surprsing that they were collapsed at 47 when both the top and lower order failed at the same time. Conversely, Bangladesh top order have inconsistency, but you might also have no doubt of the consistent lower order. This is why, I am in the opinion that since we have theseconsistent lower order batsmen, we would for the time being never be collapsed in 47!

[Edited on 6-6-2004 by abhs : misspelling]
Old June 5, 2004, 11:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

Let's hope that BD boys will find their ways to overcome the situation and enforce a draw.

[Edited on 6-6-2004 by abhs]
Old June 6, 2004, 12:06 AM
Street Cricketer

Default A Respectable Draw

Let's try to check the Windies total - 400+, which is still a lead of 150. We need to bat for two days including the first session on the fifth day. Pilot, Rajin, Rafiq, Tapash have peformed so far. Someone from Hannan-Golla-Bashar-Ash-Babu needs to shine. We may loose early wickets, but the key whoever comes in after the fall of the first wicket in the top order needs to show some adaptability. Good luck and we are praying.
Old June 6, 2004, 09:34 AM
Club Cricketer

draw in this test match!!!!!i donot think so.Win is obvious, either WI or BD. W are expecting bd to bat for 6 sessions!!!how many times we did that?Is there any? I cannot remember that.
U r right abhs.I am still optimistic about this match in favour of bd because this team is WI and they played good cricket in last 2 days.Oh my god, this keep my hope alive for bd.
Old June 6, 2004, 09:56 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Bashar already knows!

that they must bat very very well in 2nd innings if they want to draw this match !! and he said it to the media...

-NTV news

[Edited on 6-6-2004 by crickethorizon]
Old June 6, 2004, 10:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Default Bashar also knows

that they can go back home early if they can get out as early as possible to spend quality time with family in this rainy season with warm warm 'kichuri'
Old June 6, 2004, 11:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Respectable Draw : Unlikely.

Draw: With the help of rain god. Possible.
Old June 6, 2004, 11:19 AM
First Class Cricketer

One way to draw is to play for win.
Old June 6, 2004, 12:24 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by sageX
One way to draw is to play for win.
for bangladesh, that's the quickest way to crash to the ground.. which they did in their first innings already(not the tail enders though)

The Top-Ord batsmen of the team were trying to whip the ball as if they are playing against Nepal or something... and that they are gonna fly to 500 total of first innings in no time!!

What they managed was something like 90/5 with the tail-enders saving their face again!