facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 19, 2009, 09:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Default Solar eclipse of July 22, 2009

Northern Bangladesh will experience it. I'd highly advise you not to miss this opportunity cuz there wont be any in the next 105 years in BD.

Share your experiences, photography and kissing stories. :Wink:

Link
Link B

Ciao!

:sigh not another red arrow:

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old July 19, 2009, 07:45 PM
Cricket Savant

BD Link

Old July 19, 2009, 10:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook

Jotil news, I watched solar eclipse already.
Old July 19, 2009, 11:49 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by The New Nation
Total solar eclipse on July 22

BSS, Dhaka
The people of Bangladesh will observe the total solar eclipse on July 22 from a corridor between Panchagarh and Tetulia on the country's north-west region.

The main observation camp will be set up at the Panchagarh stadium to observe the total solar eclipse, which will start at 5-59 am and continue for 3 minutes 58.5 seconds.

Observation camps will also be set up in all 64 Districts, including the capital city, for the astronomy lovers to see the solar eclipse.

Scientists at a discussion here on Monday said that the next total solar eclipse is likely to be observed from Bangladesh on June 3, 2114. The last total solar eclipse was seen from the Hiron point in the Sunderbans on October 24, 1995.

'Onusandissue Chakra', an organisation of astronomy lovers, organized the discussion on 'International Year of Astronomy and Total Solar Eclipse' at the GPO auditorium here.

Post and Telecommunications Minister Razi Uddin Ahmed Razu was the chief guest while Director General of Bangladesh Postal Department Mobassher-ur Rahman presided over the function.

World famous astronomer Professor A R Khan and President of the Astronomy Wing of 'Onusandissue Chakra' Shahjahan Mridha also spoke on the occasion.

The Minister said the government would publish stamp with a photograph of the total solar eclipse. Later, he released two commemorative stamps of Taka 10 denomination and one commemorative envelop priced Taka 6 to mark the 'International Year of Astronomy-09'.

Bangladesh Astronomical Association sources said the total eclipse of the Sun is visible from within a narrow corridor that traverses half the Earth.

The path of the Moon's umbral shadow will start in India and cross through Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan and China before curving to the south across the Pacific Ocean.

A partial eclipse will also be seen within the much broader path of the Moon's penumbral shadow, which includes most of eastern Asia, Indonesia, and the Pacific Ocean, they said.

Link
Old July 20, 2009, 02:54 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Islamic perspective on solar and lunar eclipse

Muslims should hasten to pray during an eclipse
Old July 20, 2009, 04:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

অনেক আগে, মনে হয় ১৯৯৪-৯৫ সালের দিকে ঢাকায় পূর্ণ সূর্য গ্রহণ হয়েছিলো। দিনের বেলায় আকাশ অন্ধকার হয়ে গিয়েছিলো। অপার্থিব অনূভুতি। মনে আছে আমরা মসজিদে দীর্ঘ রুকু সিজদায় সূর্য গ্রহনের নামাজ আদায় করেছিলাম।

Last edited by auntu; July 22, 2009 at 11:48 AM..
Old July 22, 2009, 06:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

Picture of solar eclipse in Dhaka.
Old July 22, 2009, 07:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody
I thought u were like 20 year old or something!
Old July 22, 2009, 07:36 AM
Cricket Legend

yea enjoyed it in the midst of cloud from our rooftop....
would have been much nicer on a clear day.

Yea auntu bhai I remember the one in 94-95. We watched it at school and everyone was asked to bring their sunglass..... time flies. the next one will be in 105 years.... so lets see if time flies now.....
Old July 22, 2009, 07:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Truly Magical experience.
Old July 22, 2009, 10:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
yea enjoyed it in the midst of cloud from our rooftop....
Would have been much nicer on a clear day.

Yea auntu bhai i remember the one in 94-95. We watched it at school and everyone was asked to bring their sunglass..... Time flies. The next one will be in 105 years.... So lets see if time flies now.....
কিন্তু আমি মনে হয় এই বারেরটা মিস করলাম। বাংলাদেশ সময় কখন হয়েছে? সকালে ৭টার দিকে রোদ বেশ নরম দেখছিলাম। অন্যদিন এই সময় রোদ বেশ চড়া থাকে। আকাশে মেঘ ছিলো। ধুর মিস।

Last edited by auntu; July 22, 2009 at 11:48 AM..
Old July 22, 2009, 10:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody
অসংখ্য ধন্যবাদ। ছবিগুলো কি এই বারের?

তাহসিন ভাই (nobody) এর কালেকশন থেকে
Old July 22, 2009, 10:49 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Meh, i slept in.
Wanted to watch it but could not wake up.
Last couple of days had been very hectic and tiring for me. Plus i journed back from Chittagong by road and was really tired.

Had a good night sleep but missed the action.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old July 22, 2009, 11:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Plus i journed back from Chittagong by road and was really tired
Off topic. Just for fun, I bought my mom and my wife the front row tickets on our way to chittagong...travelled at night...and guess what happened. Neither of them could sleep. My wife was constantly thinking of the roller coaster rides here in Wonderland or Disneyland
Old July 22, 2009, 11:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
অনেক আগে, মনে হয় ১৯৯৪-৯৫ সালের দিকে ঢাকায় পূর্ণ সূর্য গ্রহণ হয়েছিলো। দিনের বেলায় আকাশ অন্দকার হয়ে গিয়েছিলো। অপার্থিব অনূভুতি। মনে আছে আমরা মসজিদে দীর্ঘ রুকু সিজদায় সূর্য গ্রহনের নামাজ আদায় করেছিলাম।
hi 5........same here...1995..one of the best memory of my childhood......did lots of funs that time with X-ray paper and with water in boul....today's one wasnt up to that much.....too much clouds
Old July 22, 2009, 11:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic boy
hi 5........same here...1995..one of the best memory of my childhood......did lots of funs that time with x-ray paper and with water in boul....today's one wasnt up to that much.....too much clouds
যাক তাহলে খুব একটা মিস করি নাই?
Old July 22, 2009, 12:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir
off topic. Just for fun, i bought my mom and my wife the front row tickets on our way to chittagong...travelled at night...and guess what happened. Neither of them could sleep. My wife was constantly thinking of the roller coaster rides here in wonderland or disneyland
একদম ফ্রন্ট রোতে বসাতো খুব ঝামেলার। আমার একটা অভিজ্ঞতা ৮/১০ বছর আগেঃ

আমি এবং আমার খালাতো ভাই রাতের বাসে চট্টগ্রাম থেকে ঢাকা আসছি। পুরা বাস প্রায় খালি। সবমিলিয়ে মেরে কেটে ১০-১২ জন মানুষ হবে। আমরা তাই একবার এই সিটে আরেকবার ঐ সিটে বেশ আরাম করে হাত-পা ছড়িয়ে বসে যাত্রা করছি।

রাত ৩ অথবা ৪টা। খালাতো ভাই সামনের সিটে। আমি মাঝের সারির তিন সিট নিয়ে ঘুমাচ্ছি। হঠাৎ গ্লাস ভাঙ্গার শব্দ এর সংগে সংগেই ভারী ধুপ শব্দ সবশেষে হেলপারের আর্ত চিৎকারে ঘুম ভাংলো।

ঘটনা কি? খালাতো ভাই গভীর ঘুমে ছিলো। বাস রাস্তার বামদিকের গাছের ডালে বাড়ি খেয়ে উইন্ডশিল্ড ভেঙ্গে গিয়েছে। ড্রাইভার আচমকা ব্রেক কষাতে খালাতো ভাই উড়ে গিয়ে পরেছে হেলপারের গায়ে। যুগপৎ তিন শব্দের রহস্য উন্মোচন হলো।

পরবর্তী ঘটনা কিঞ্চিত করুন। উইন্ডশিল্ড পরিদর্শণ শেষে দেখা গেলো হালকা চিড় ধরেছে কিন্তু হেলপার চিৎ হয়ে সিটের উপর ককাচ্ছে। বেচারার মুখ বেদনায় বিকৃত। আমার খালাতো ভাই বেশ কিছুটা পৃথুল ধরনের। বাকি ঘটনা আপনাদের সহজেই অনুনেয়।

বাকি রাস্তা যাত্রীদের দোকানের চাল, মরার মতো ঘুম এবং ভারী ছুটন্ত বস্তুর বেগজনিত আলোচনা আমাকে ব্যাপক আনন্দ দিলেও খালাতো ভাইকে মনে করিয়ে দিয়েছেঃ "হে ধরনী দ্বিধা হও"
Old July 23, 2009, 04:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Was the 95 solar eclipse was a full one? Someone was telling me today.
Old July 23, 2009, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
It was. Watched it through X-ray scans in Chittagong. Total darkness lasted a couple of minutes, as far as I can remember.
Old July 23, 2009, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic boy
hi 5........same here...1995..one of the best memory of my childhood......did lots of funs that time with X-ray paper and with water in boul....today's one wasnt up to that much.....too much clouds
X-ray scans and water bowls here too. There wasn't a soul on the streets - people were way too superstitious.
Old July 23, 2009, 04:21 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

I was a class ten school boy when it happen in 95 - watched it at home - dhaka. This time through news paper photograph and some nice one in this thread...next one - GOD knows!
Old July 23, 2009, 04:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
It was. Watched it through X-ray scans in Chittagong. Total darkness lasted a couple of minutes, as far as I can remember.
So it was a full one. I can remember that experience till today.
Old July 23, 2009, 05:00 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
X-ray scans and water bowls here too. There wasn't a soul on the streets - people were way too superstitious.
Orpheus was on the loose?
Old July 24, 2009, 12:57 AM

Quote:
It was not in Dhaka. But the full eclipse was visible from Teknaf/St. Martin's Island, and I remember an expedition went to St. Martins to view it from there.

I was in Dhaka, in class 5 then. Was sick that day so didnt go to school. Instead bari'r baranda theke x-ray film diye dekhechilam. I still recall the image in my mind of the moon partially covering the sun.

Missed this past one, was asleep. 9tar dike ber hoye ondhokar lagchilo but there was so much dark clouds, I assumed it was the monsoon clouds, rather than the lunar shadow.
Old July 24, 2009, 08:21 AM
Cricket Savant

There was Old Wives Tale in my village about not doing kata-basa or eat n drink during shurjo-grohon. Any more superstitions?