facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 25, 2018, 08:14 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad
Default Papon needs to change his iCloud Password!

Surely he cant let the likes of Walsh and Sujon keep blackmailing him with those naughty videos of himself. Every time I see Walsh on the telly he is on that IPAD watching something and smiling to himself.

How on earth is he still employed is beyond me. Read somewhere it costs BCB around 10 lakhs to get this dude on a business class flight from Jamaica to Dhaka and return. What a waste of money.

Taskin ahmed has forgotten to bowl.
Saifuddin is a deer in the headlights bowler.
Rubel Hossain has become a joke.
Mustafiz has regressed.
Test Bowling is club level.
Where is the development of new bowlers? Rahi looks rubbish, so does Ebadat and a couple of those Under 19 bowlers.

Rewind back to 2015 when Heath Streak made our bowling look world class. Indian trundlers like Bhuvi and co have significantly improved and are consistently bowling great spells in all forms of cricket. Sri Lankan bowlers are well ahead of us. Lakmal and Chameera had us for breakfast in the ODI series and Madushanka had us for dinner in the T20s.

If this waste of space is still the bowling coach till the 2019 world cup, I am only going to watch our batting (thats after opposition has piled in 380 plus scores).

Old February 25, 2018, 08:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Another day, another conspiracy. ..

What's up with BD cricket?
Old February 25, 2018, 08:50 AM
Cricket Savant

And we already have a Walsh must go Thread....
Old February 25, 2018, 08:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Link to the 'Walsh Fire" thread:

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=48458
Old February 25, 2018, 09:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Not a fan of Walsh as a coach.
Old February 25, 2018, 09:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
Not a fan of Walsh as a coach.
This is the general feeling across this forum...if u visit the thread I just posted...
Old February 25, 2018, 08:54 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: sarkar

He’s not really there to teach. At this level, you are not looking for a teacher.

He can just tweak some part of the action and give the bowler a different way to look at the same thing.

BUT... you have to take what he says and make it your own.

I don’t think Taskin does that. He stagnating because he doesn’t want to try new things and his old stuff is long figured out.
Old February 25, 2018, 09:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_ringo
He’s not really there to teach. At this level, you are not looking for a teacher.

He can just tweak some part of the action and give the bowler a different way to look at the same thing.

BUT... you have to take what he says and make it your own.

I don’t think Taskin does that. He stagnating because he doesn’t want to try new things and his old stuff is long figured out.
Probably doesnt work that way with our players. Shane Jurgensen had the same issue as a bowling coach.

Any coach batting, bowling, fielding for Bangladesh needs to adopt an autocratic approach. Streak figured that out, there was a clear game plan for bowlers, they knew how to bowl to each opposition batsmen, they were fairly well drilled, well prepared. Saqlain also spelled everything out for Sohag Gazi. While Saqlain was there, Gazi was very good.

Cant understand why there hasnt been hard questions about Walsh's coaching? They are afraid of his reputation?
Old February 25, 2018, 09:39 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

For a team like Bangladesh, we need a bowling coach that is very hands on involved. Streak was clearly that and Walsh is completely the opposite. For example, bowlers like Taskin need to be mentored and spoon fed every step of the way. When Streak was around, Taskin had a lot under his kitty. Different variations all the time such as back of the hand delivery, slower deliveries, yorkers etc. You would see Streak constantly talking to him in the boundary and giving him tips and suggestions. And ever since Streak left, Taskin has regressed. Now he bowls the same type of deliveries, always banging it in short. I haven't seen him bowl the back of the hand ever since Walsh came.

Point is, Walsh is not suitable for this team. Perhaps he could be a good coach elsewhere where the bowlers are aware of what their responsibilities are and can adjust their bowling on their own. Not Bangladesh.
Old February 26, 2018, 04:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: sarkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tausif
Taskin had a lot under his kitty. Different variations all the time such as back of the hand delivery, slower deliveries, yorkers etc.

Now he bowls the same type of deliveries, always banging it in short.

The end goal was to make Taskin do this. It’s brutally effective and menacing when done right.

Problem is he is not on target
Old February 26, 2018, 05:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Taskin is a poor mans Mohammad Sami,

And Mohammad Sami is a **** bowler.
Old February 26, 2018, 05:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
For a team like Bangladesh, we need a bowling coach that is very hands on involved. Streak was clearly that and Walsh is completely the opposite. For example, bowlers like Taskin need to be mentored and spoon fed every step of the way. When Streak was around, Taskin had a lot under his kitty. Different variations all the time such as back of the hand delivery, slower deliveries, yorkers etc. You would see Streak constantly talking to him in the boundary and giving him tips and suggestions. And ever since Streak left, Taskin has regressed. Now he bowls the same type of deliveries, always banging it in short. I haven't seen him bowl the back of the hand ever since Walsh came.

Point is, Walsh is not suitable for this team. Perhaps he could be a good coach elsewhere where the bowlers are aware of what their responsibilities are and can adjust their bowling on their own. Not Bangladesh.
Two Words: Ian. Pont.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 26, 2018, 06:03 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:

I understand Heath was a great coach but is it wrong to expect our bowler to have a brain and try to think for themselves and work on the basics on their own? Coaches come and go but rarely do you see other attacks fluctuate as much as we did just because Heath left. How long will our cricketers need to be told what to do? I have a feeling eigulare university te pathaile eigula shob fail korbe
Old February 26, 2018, 06:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Both our coaches and pacers are crap

But we can't change our pacers mindset but we can change the coach
Old February 26, 2018, 09:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Looks like Walsh does have sth on Papon.

Now promotion to Head Coach!
Old February 26, 2018, 11:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Looks like Walsh does have sth on Papon.

Now promotion to Head Coach!
khaled Mahmud has been reassigned as the manager. Walsh has been made the head coach. From what the BCB head said, the final XI has already been decided. That was the basis of their squad.
Old February 26, 2018, 11:28 AM
Cricket Sage

When we had a decent coach, we didn't appreciate that. When coach wanted to instill some discipline, some players started conspiracy against him. The reporter joined them. And the fans eventually start believing that its all the coach's fault. We (all of us) killed a golden goose.

Now when a decant coach leaves, it gives a opportunity of hiring even better coach. But only you can expect that from a decent employer. But when employer is BCB, what do you expect?

First Shujon-Senior player tag team solution, which failed as expected. Now another below par specialized coach is promoted (temporarily) to lead the tag team against India and Sri Lanka in away T20 series. What do you expect?

Bechara.... I feel sorry for Walsh.... this time he will get all the blame. Not the senior players who are supposed to produce... not BCB executives who are supposed to act quickly and hire a good head coach.... and not obviously ChaCha who is now merely the Manager and now that he can take a nap without any heat.
Old February 26, 2018, 12:37 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I understand Heath was a great coach but is it wrong to expect our bowler to have a brain and try to think for themselves and work on the basics on their own? Coaches come and go but rarely do you see other attacks fluctuate as much as we did just because Heath left. How long will our cricketers need to be told what to do? I have a feeling eigulare university te pathaile eigula shob fail korbe
It’s not wrong at all and at this level, the bowlers need to do the basics on their own. But that is exactly what our bowlers are incapable of except Shakib and Fizz. They need to be spoon-fed every step of the way especially fragile emotional types like Taskin. I don’t know if it’s a lack of education or cultural thing but it’s so widespread among all our bowlers, it’s beyond ridiculous.
Old February 26, 2018, 10:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Walsh could not coach a fish how to swim.

Total fraud.
Old March 1, 2018, 10:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Looks like Champaka Ramanayake will be the bowling coach and Simon Helmot will be the batitng coach for now.

What will happen to High Performance activities?

This 'dhojobhongo' team is draining all the resources from other activities and still failing to perform.

Quote:
The BCB has named Champaka Ramanayake and Simon Helmot as the Bangladesh bowling and batting coach respectively for the Nidahas series 2018. The decisions were announced by the BCB CEO Nizamuddin Chowdhury Tuesday as the Tigers prepare to leave for the tri-nation T20I series involving India and host Sri Lanka.
Former Sri Lanka pacer Champaka is in contract with the BCB as High Performance bowling coach but his past experience with the Bangladesh team ensured it was an easy choice for the board. On the other hand, Helmot, who works with the BCB in the capacity of the HP assistant coach has the experience of coaching in franchise T20 leagues which he can bring to the Bangladesh dressing room.
source: link
Old March 1, 2018, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Walsh could not coach a fish how to swim.
^^^ This might be true. And I can't either! I have yet to find who on Earth can?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Total fraud.
^^^ BUT, leveling him as a fraud is low par... IMHO.
Old March 1, 2018, 08:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Looks like Champaka Ramanayake will be the bowling coach and Simon Helmot will be the batitng coach for now.

What will happen to High Performance activities?

This 'dhojobhongo' team is draining all the resources from other activities and still failing to perform.

source: link
Not sure whether the HP is actually running in a full fledged way. They do a 2-3 month camp and end for the year.

But yeah again shows how disorganized management is
Old March 2, 2018, 12:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
^^^ This might be true. And I can't either! I have yet to find who on Earth can?

^^^ BUT, leveling him as a fraud is low par... IMHO.
Hahahaha.