facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 20, 2008, 10:20 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: mashrafe mortaza
Default It was nice to hear the team song in the dressing room: Siddons: Post match comments from the 2nd ODI against Ireland

Courtesy tigercricket

DHAKA: Bangladesh skipper Mohammad Ashraful, coach Jamie Siddons and Player of the Match Farhad Reza spoke after the Tigers had confirmed the Ispahani Tea ODI Series by outclassing Ireland by 84 runs in the second match at the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium today (Thursday):

Mohammad Ashraful

Whether the wins against Ireland raises the confidence level of the team

Obviously it is a great confidence booster. If you remember we won a lot of matches against the likes of Zimbabwe and Scotland in 2006-07 and that created a winning habit which really helped when we were up against stronger teams in the World Cup. I think the victories here will also boost our performance in the international matches to come.

On Farhad Reza’s spell of 5/42

We scored 246 but still needed the bowlers to come good and Mortaza (Mashrafe) and Reza bowled very well upfront. Reza is working really hard and he got his reward today. His performance helped the team a lot.

Whether the team fell short of a more substantial total

We should have got some more runs in the last 10 overs but lost too many wickets for around 70-odd runs. The initial target was 230 but if we had batted a bit more sensibly then we could have made a bigger score.

Given Reza’s success whether he missed Syed Rasel

They are different types of bowlers. Rasel swings the ball while Reza’s deliveries skid on to the batsmen. Rasel is not here because of our team combination and Reza did his job beautifully.

If this Ireland team is weaker than the one that beat Bangladesh in the World cup 2007 Super Eight match in Barbados.

Not really. At one stage today they needed something like 121 in 20 overs with five wickets standing and the game was far from finished. I think they are struggling with the weather and wicket here and they are more comfortable playing in conditions that we had in Barbados. They are a good side.

Whether it is possible to record a series whitewash

Ofcourse, provided we play our best cricket.

Jamie Siddons

His feelings after a first series win as Bangladesh coach

Definitely I am happy. It was nice to hear the team song in the dressing room. They deserve it. They stuck to the team rules, put up some runs on the board and defended that. Very happy for that.

On Farhad Reza

He took Rasel’s place in the side and bowled at the start and in the middle. He got reverse swing when he came back and took five wickets. It’s a great performance for a guy of his height and stature to play like he did. He has a bit of all-round ability and at the moment he is a very valuable member of the team.

Whether it was a gamble to pick Reza instead of Shahadat Hossain

That’s true. Probably this is not our ideal scenario long term. But certainly he fitted the bill today on our wicket but probably it is not ideal to open the bowling with someone like Farhad rather than a genuine opening bowler. But his all-round capabilities is something we lack. It was a risk and we reaped the rewards today but it is not going to happen all the time. We are trying to find the right balance and put a competitive team out there.

On the wicket

I think it was pretty good. We almost made 250 and they were cruising to get 250. I don’t think there were too many demons in that track. The ball didn’t stop or anything and didn’t stop batsmen from playing their shots. It probably suited our spinners but everywhere we go the pitches tend to suit our opposition and we are giving them a a little bit of our own at the moment. It is a good wicket for us.

Farhad Reza

On the one handed back-tracking catch at cover by Shahriar Nafees Ahmed and the diving catch by Aftab Ahmed at point off his bowling

I guess if those two catches were not taken then I would not have got the five-for. The catches by Aftab and Shahriar were simply amazing.

His plan when he was asked to bowl with the new ball and then in the middle

I did not actually plan anything and just tried to bowl to the field set by the captain. The wickets came automatically

Old March 20, 2008, 10:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Mace Windu is teaching his young padones very well, might have to change the avi now but Anikan was always clever with his words could never get his true intentions out. He respected his opponents very well.

Mace Windu is definite a technical upgrade over Jabba the hut. Under Jabba, Anikan was enslaved and we saw glipses of his potential now he's on the road of becoming a True master with the lightsaber.
Old March 20, 2008, 10:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

What is the team song?

" I will survive "- me suspect.
Old March 20, 2008, 11:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
What is the team song?

" I will survive "- me suspect.
a few guesses:

"the eye of the tiger"
"i get up again" (not sure of the title)

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 20, 2008, 11:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

so JS says farhad was reversing it in an ODI with the mandatory ball change? hmmm...i hope its better than sharif's reverse swing, lol

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 20, 2008, 11:10 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

it think its, "hotath kore Bangladesh, chari dike Bangladesh" ..... lol
Old March 20, 2008, 11:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

The team song is "Amar Sonar Bangla, Ami Tomai Valobashiiiiiiiiiiiiii....."
Old March 20, 2008, 11:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TI/Dwayne Bravo/Afridi

Great song guesses coming through, loving 'eye of the tiger' idea al furqan bhai.

i think it's " besh besh besh, shabash bangladesh"

or maybe " nongor tolo tolo" (joke)

Mrs Mahmudullah Riyad
Old March 20, 2008, 11:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahaque

That’s true. Probably this is not our ideal scenario long term. But certainly he fitted the bill today on our wicket but probably it is not ideal to open the bowling with someone like Farhad rather than a genuine opening bowler. But his all-round capabilities is something we lack. It was a risk and we reaped the rewards today but it is not going to happen all the time. We are trying to find the right balance and put a competitive team out there.
Basically Siddion is saying Farhad as opening bowler is temporary. Against quality teams, it is going to be Mashrafee and Sahadat, Alhumdulillah

Siddions and I think alike
Old March 20, 2008, 11:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Yeah, I am glad to hear Siddons is not planning to continue with Reza as an opening bowler.
Old March 20, 2008, 11:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
a few guesses:

"the eye of the tiger"
"i get up again" (not sure of the title)
I get knocked down?...never gonna get me down...?

Don't remember the name of the group. Something weird, like chumpa wumba or something
Old March 20, 2008, 11:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

i think the team song is "bangladesh gorje utho" or.. "bangladesh cricketer" i heard these songs in channel i during the world cup.. when they won against india, bermuda, when they qualified for super 8s and when they won against sa
Old March 20, 2008, 11:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

theme song should be the one from ROCKY...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 20, 2008, 12:07 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Mace Windu is teaching his young padones very well, might have to change the avi now but Anikan was always clever with his words could never get his true intentions out. He respected his opponents very well.

Mace Windu is definite a technical upgrade over Jabba the hut. Under Jabba, Anikan was enslaved and we saw glipses of his potential now he's on the road of becoming a True master with the lightsaber.
Post of the week.
Me like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
What is the team song?
মরার কোকিলে
- মমতাজ
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old March 20, 2008, 12:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawah
The team song is "Amar Sonar Bangla, Ami Tomai Valobashiiiiiiiiiiiiii....."
No team song is as good as this one. At the right moment, dhamra polapain can cry like a baby!!
Old March 20, 2008, 12:25 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib

The song is called "Tubthumping" by Chumbawamba (with the lines "I get up again" included in the chorus). Would be a perefect song for bd team I think, just replace all the alcoholic beverage names with "tea", "daber pani", "pepsi" and "shorbot". LOL!
Old March 20, 2008, 12:32 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib

That "tubthumping" song is soo funny I couldn't resist taking the lyrics and putting it here (with some minor modifications). Members feel free to improve in the spirit of the tigers.

Intro:
We'll be singin'
When we're winnin'
We'll be singin'
Repeat (4x):
I get knocked down
But I get up again
You're neva gonna
Keep me down
Givin' my wicket away
Givin' my wicket away
He drinks a dub-er drink
He drinks a chai drink
He drinks a ru-afza drink
He drinks a rc-cola drink
He sings the songs that
Remind him
Of the good times
He sings the songs that
Remind him
Of the betta times:

"Oh Motin Bhai
Motin Bhai
Motin Bhai
Motin Bhai..."

Repeat Chorus(4x)

Hittin' the ball away
Hittin' the ball away

He drinks a dub-er drink
He drinks a chai drink
He drinks a ru-afza drink
He drinks a rc-cola drink
He sings the songs that
Remind him
Of the good times
He sings the songs that
Remind him
Of the betta times:

"Don't cry for me
Ooo Jamailla..."

Repeat Chorus(4x)

Chorus repeated throughout outro 'til end of song
Outro:
We'll be singin'
When we're winnin'
We'll be singin'
Old March 20, 2008, 12:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

EYE OF THE TIGER!!!

Old March 20, 2008, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

"Cholo Bangladesh"?

Good to know going with one proper fast bowler is not in the long term plans. We need Farhad to stick around, but not as an opening bowler against strong opposition.
Old March 20, 2008, 01:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

My choice of team song: "Chaul, chaul chaul" the Nazrul marching tune as arraged by the excellnt Chittagonian rock band, The Dew Drops.

Have a listen (ignore the video and the subtitles) ...

Choice # 2, same as ATMR's, and here it is. Farhan rocks !

"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 20, 2008, 01:31 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

ফরহাদের পারফরম্যান্সটা অসাধারণ, কিন্তু...

ঢাকা, ২০ মার্চ (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম) --- "আমরা করবো জয়..., আমরা করবো জয় একদিন'' - দল জেতার পর এটাকেই বাংলাদেশের দলীয় সঙ্গীত বানিয়ে দিয়েছেন জেমি সিডন্স। তাও আবার তিনি বাংলাদেশ দলের দায়িত্ব নেওয়ার পরপরই ড্রেসিংরুমে ক্রিকেটাররা গেয়েছেন এই গান। প্রশ্ন আসতে পারে, আয়ারল্যান্ডের সঙ্গেই না তিনি কোচ হওয়ার পর প্রথম জিতলো বাংলাদেশ। তাহলে এর আগে কবে গাওয়া হলো এই বিশ্ব সঙ্গীত। অনেকে ভুলেই গেছেন, নিউজিল্যান্ডে সিডর দুর্গতদের সাহায্যার্থে আয়োজিত টোয়েন্টি টোয়েন্টি ম্যাচে জিতেছিল মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুলের দল। বৃহষ্পতিবার আয়ারল্যান্ডের সঙ্গে সিরিজ জয়ের পরও এই গানটি গাওয়া হলো, ম্যান অফ দি ম্যাচ ফরহাদ রেজাকে কেন্দ্রে রেখে।

অথচ এই মিডিয়াম পেসারকে ঠিক নুতন বলে বল করার জন্য উপযুক্ত বলে মনে হয় না সিডন্সেরও। কিন্তু এই মুহূর্তে তাকে দলের জন্য মূল্যবান বলেও মনে করেন, "সে দলে রাসেলের জায়গা নিয়েছে। ইনিংসের শুরু এবং মাঝে দুর্দান্ত বল করে পাঁচ উইকেট নিয়েছে। ওর মতো একজনের জন্য এটা অসাধারণ পারফরম্যান্সই। এই মুহূর্তে ও আমাদের দলের মূল্যবান সদস্য।"

কিন্তু সবসময়ের জন্য নয়। সেই হিসাবে মাশরাফি বিন মর্তুজার সঙ্গে তাকে দিয়ে বোলিং ওপেন করানোটা একধরনের জুয়া খেলা কিনা, এই প্রশ্নেও 'হ্যাঁ' বলে ফেললেন তিনি, "জুয়া খেলাই বলা যায়। দীর্ঘমেয়াদে এটা আমাদের দলের আসল রুপরেখো নয়। তবে আজকের দিনে ও অবশ্যই খুব মানিয়ে গেছে। কিন্তু একজন জেনুইন ওপেনিং বোলারের জায়গায় ওকে দিয়ে বোলিং শুরুটা হয়তো আদর্শও নয়। তবে ওর অলরাউন্ড সামর্থ্য খুব কাজে দিয়েছে। এতে ঝুঁকি ছিল। আজকে আমরা ফল পেয়েছি। কিন্তু এমন তো সবসময় ঘটবে না।"

৫ উইকেট যে পেয়ে যাবেন এমনটা অবশ্য ফরহাদও ভাবেননি, "প্রথম স্পেলের পর মনে হয়নি যে ৫ উইকেট পাবো। তাছাড়া আবীর ভাই (শাহরিয়ার নাফীস) ও আফতাব ভাই দারুণ দুটো ক্যাচ না নিলে হয়তো এতো উইকেট পেতামও না।"
Old March 20, 2008, 02:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mushi, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman

what jibrish !!!
Old March 20, 2008, 02:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

good going any new song

"bukta faitta jai"?
Old March 20, 2008, 02:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:

I'ld like to scrutinize this part of the interview. If I get it correctly (after reading between the lines), he is saying that this type of performance by Reza isn't possible on other days? Is that true? Or is he saying that this type of performance on an "opening" slot isn't possible on other days?
Old March 20, 2008, 02:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawah
Basically Siddion is saying Farhad as opening bowler is temporary. Against quality teams, it is going to be Mashrafee and Sahadat, Alhumdulillah

Siddions and I think alike
Does this mean that Rasel is out of the Pakistani squad? I hope not!