facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 15, 2005, 01:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ash, Mash, Huss
Default THE BEST

The Best

I felt robbed when Mohammad Ashraful walked away, head bowed, at the end of Bangladesh's first innings in the second Test against India. The show had ended halfway, and I wanted my money back. This kid had scored 158 in a few hours, made decent bowlers look really bad, and played as if he'd come out to set things right for Bangladeshi cricket all by himself. He hooked, pulled, jived, boogied, nearly killed spectators, and, to top everything, went at the follow-on mark like an enraged bull. Each time you thought it couldn't possibly get any better, Ashraful would not only make it better, he'd also give you free ice-cream. I think the word for an innings like this is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

source: http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/C...25DEC2004.html

Old February 15, 2005, 01:16 PM
Club Cricketer

There are dangers in dwelling in the past glory too much. For all his abilities, what has he done after that?
Old February 15, 2005, 01:19 PM
Cricket Legend

I guess we might have to wait 2/3 years to get Ashraful Back in his form. He piles up all his failures for couple of years and then on a very fine day, he explodes!!
Old February 15, 2005, 01:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

I have no doubt about his abilities but I question his committment on that test's BD 2nd innings. He should have ome much earlier. Many were expecting him to come right back as opener if not as one down, since he was in full control. I donot know whose decision was it, may be he wanted take rest and go easy since he made 158 on one innings. That was a big blow for all of us
Old February 15, 2005, 01:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Yes....it guess if he were not dog -tired...team would have been better off if he was sent in toopen the 2nd innings. After all, he was in rythm and a break disrupted his rythm.
Old February 15, 2005, 09:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by babubangla
I guess we might have to wait 2/3 years to get Ashraful Back in his form. He piles up all his failures for couple of years and then on a very fine day, he explodes!!
2/3 years? Not good enough.
Old February 15, 2005, 10:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

I think because he was playing Zim he did ot feel challenged,he's plaed beter innings vs India, W.indies and Sri Lanka.

He will definetly get the most attention and he is really young.

Would not be surprised he gets a century against Eng
Old February 16, 2005, 12:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

he wasn't horrible against zimbabwe in the recently concluded series. although he didn't perform the way he can, but he still got runs. so please get off his back and quit saying he'll take another 3 years to produce a good inning.

agree with cricman.
Old February 16, 2005, 12:15 AM
Test Cricketer

maybe he was horrible, maybe he will be horrible for the rest of his career. But it's not about that. It's about that specific innings. It's one of those innings that you have to see "live" (not even recorded) to believe what a pleasure it was just to watch it. I had that pleasure.

If people thinks that BD team's confidense has transformed after that innings, I have every reason to believe that to be true.

It was like Ash alone was playing against 11 players, and he won every bit of it, even though we lost that test and the series.

Blah
Old February 16, 2005, 06:01 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default some words for people like Ashraful

"..This is the age of globalization, the age of enormous competition.....a dramatically cruel world.. where past glories don't really have much to do on where you are standing at present and will be attained in the future !!
... The only way you can make your mark on this world is to grow and update yourself every day...every hour ... even every minute!!"

Old February 16, 2005, 08:34 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Blah
maybe he was horrible, maybe he will be horrible for the rest of his career. But it's not about that. It's about that specific innings. It's one of those innings that you have to see "live" (not even recorded) to believe what a pleasure it was just to watch it. I had that pleasure.

Blah
I envy you.