facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 22, 2017, 06:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default How many wickets Taskin could have had...

I haven't seen a Bangaldeshi bowler have as many catches dropped of his bowling as I have seen off Taskin.

Pakistanis say Wasim would have hard quite a few more than just 414 Test wickets but had no slip cordon to speak of. Apparently Amir suffers from the same ineptitude. And we have Taskin.

Will be fun to track what kind of stats he would have.

9.4 Taskin Ahmed to Raval, no run, Dropped at third slip. Good length, angling away, shaping away outside off, bounces and squares up the batsman. He pokes feebly and the fielder puts down a low but fairly simple catch to his right. Sabbir, I think, is the culprit. Taskin has his hands on his head. Isam, from the ground, confirms Shakib is the culprit

53.1 Taskin Ahmed to Latham, 1 run, Long leg runs in from the deep but the ball does not carry. Chest-high short ball, pulls and skies in the air. Shakib attacks the ball by running in, but it falls short. In hindslight, he could have dived forward

35.3 Taskin Ahmed to Taylor, no run, an appeal for lbw, umpire Erasmus shakes his head. 140ks, tinge of reverse, tails in sharply and strikes the inside of the pad. Taylor was late on it. Probably grazing leg. Good shout, but Bangladesh don't review. The tracker shows it would have carried onto hit leg stump

10.2 Taskin Ahmed to Raval, no run, put down at second slip. That's a regulation catch and Sabbir is the culprit. Great bowling by Taskin as he fires a tempter, pitches it right up and does the batsman in with the angle as well as late movement. Goes at a comfortable height to the fielder off the outside edge and he makes a mess of it. Got to feel for Taskin, he's bowled superbly

82.4 Taskin Ahmed to Wagner, no run, edged and dropped. That's the ninth dropped catch of this match. That's a regulation catch and the fielder spills it. It was back of a length and Wagner was trying to open the bat face. Cannot ride the bounce well as it gets big on him and the ball takes the outside edge and balloons to Nazmul Hossain at gully

So far thats 5 wickets he's lost, and 1 extra run conceded.

Following BC logic, Taskin deserves to be dropped for these failures

#OneTeam1Dream

Old January 22, 2017, 07:24 PM
Cricket Legend

No he lacks temperament to be a top bowler...
Old January 22, 2017, 07:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

I don't listen to BC logic that's why.

Everyone has been raving about how good Taskin is, yet you come here and think he has been the worst bowler on the planet. Not only him, there are talks about dropping Shabbir, Soumya, Miraz, Shakib, Mahmudullah, Tamim, Mushfique everybody I guess. It will be hard to find a player who won't get dropped here.
Old January 22, 2017, 08:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
I don't listen to BC logic that's why.

Everyone has been raving about how good Taskin is, yet you come here and think he has been the worst bowler on the planet. Not only him, there are talks about dropping Shabbir, Soumya, Miraz, Shakib, Mahmudullah, Tamim, Mushfique everybody I guess. It will be hard to find a player who won't get dropped here.
We got a bowler bowling 20 overs at over 140 with line and length with good seam movement, producing 5 chances in one innings and to be honest has been the best bowler in either team

Yet people think he's not got potential to be a top player

Old January 22, 2017, 08:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

For a bowler to perform on flat wickets he needs support from fielders. Taskin would have had so much more wickets if the fielders especially in the slips had supported him more
Old January 23, 2017, 02:24 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

bowled pretty well in second test. needs to be more disciplined. Obviously has the venom required to succeed in this format. Need to be more consistent and maybe work on getting the pace bumped upto mid 140s. Get him some domestic games so he gets used to the work load and understands the game better.

I think he can be better suited for this format down the road compared to ODI or T20.
Old January 23, 2017, 07:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
bowled pretty well in second test. needs to be more disciplined. Obviously has the venom required to succeed in this format. Need to be more consistent and maybe work on getting the pace bumped upto mid 140s. Get him some domestic games so he gets used to the work load and understands the game better.

I think he can be better suited for this format down the road compared to ODI or T20.
Hardly anyone bowls mid 140s for 20+ overs, starc recently, but even he on past occasions dropped to 140 after a while

Taskin is fine around 140 if he can keep it up like he did in 2nd innings, he bowled 146 in his 21st I think, that's impressive for a 21 year old who hits the pitch hard

Don't want him in our domestic system unless a game here and there, no point.

Old January 23, 2017, 08:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I haven't seen a Bangaldeshi bowler have as many catches dropped of his bowling as I have seen off Taskin.

Pakistanis say Wasim would have hard quite a few more than just 414 Test wickets but had no slip cordon to speak of. Apparently Amir suffers from the same ineptitude. And we have Taskin.

Will be fun to track what kind of stats he would have.

9.4 Taskin Ahmed to Raval, no run, Dropped at third slip. Good length, angling away, shaping away outside off, bounces and squares up the batsman. He pokes feebly and the fielder puts down a low but fairly simple catch to his right. Sabbir, I think, is the culprit. Taskin has his hands on his head. Isam, from the ground, confirms Shakib is the culprit

53.1 Taskin Ahmed to Latham, 1 run, Long leg runs in from the deep but the ball does not carry. Chest-high short ball, pulls and skies in the air. Shakib attacks the ball by running in, but it falls short. In hindslight, he could have dived forward

35.3 Taskin Ahmed to Taylor, no run, an appeal for lbw, umpire Erasmus shakes his head. 140ks, tinge of reverse, tails in sharply and strikes the inside of the pad. Taylor was late on it. Probably grazing leg. Good shout, but Bangladesh don't review. The tracker shows it would have carried onto hit leg stump

10.2 Taskin Ahmed to Raval, no run, put down at second slip. That's a regulation catch and Sabbir is the culprit. Great bowling by Taskin as he fires a tempter, pitches it right up and does the batsman in with the angle as well as late movement. Goes at a comfortable height to the fielder off the outside edge and he makes a mess of it. Got to feel for Taskin, he's bowled superbly

82.4 Taskin Ahmed to Wagner, no run, edged and dropped. That's the ninth dropped catch of this match. That's a regulation catch and the fielder spills it. It was back of a length and Wagner was trying to open the bat face. Cannot ride the bounce well as it gets big on him and the ball takes the outside edge and balloons to Nazmul Hossain at gully

So far thats 5 wickets he's lost, and 1 extra run conceded.

Following BC logic, Taskin deserves to be dropped for these failures
Along with Walsh..... Halsall..... Those who dropped catches..... The captain who set the field, those who were in the field and those who were not in the field...... And to complete the carnage the batsman who gave the opportunity
Old January 24, 2017, 06:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

A disciplined Taskin is a fantastic bowler. But will he be consistent with the ball? We don't know.
Old January 24, 2017, 09:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
A disciplined Taskin is a fantastic bowler. But will he be consistent with the ball? We don't know.
2nd test, our players treated him like an attack leader... That also helps the mentality of fast bowlers

Old January 24, 2017, 11:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin
BDFlag Taskin & Fizz

Mustafiz and Taskin. To me, they are the ideal openers for BD and can/should have a long career. The first being left-armer and quite witty at this age and the latter being our speed-gun, right-armer and very raw (undisciplined).

Both are young and have tons of potential. As 'the fizz' has already proved to be the apple of our eyes, let's focus on Taskin. He has the pace, most athletically built to be a fast bowler and seems hungry for wickets. What he lacks is little discipline and few crafts/arts of pace bowling.

However, if you force him to be a disciplined bowler, I'm afraid that this can destroy his edge, pace and hunger. He needs to self-discipline. He needs tips and tricks from coaching staff what he can do more (yorkers, seem control/swing, reverse, slowers etc.). As he hits the pitch hard, it would be hard for him to swing both ways. But he can learn the rest. BTW, his run-up freaks me out. He needs to ease up (I think), who knows, this may free him up to bowl at 150 kph.

Hopefully, he will be a 145-150 kph bowler, mature by 24 and do wonders for BD with Mustafiz in all formats.
Old January 24, 2017, 06:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ssei
Mustafiz and Taskin. To me, they are the ideal openers for BD and can/should have a long career. The first being left-armer and quite witty at this age and the latter being our speed-gun, right-armer and very raw (undisciplined).

Both are young and have tons of potential. As 'the fizz' has already proved to be the apple of our eyes, let's focus on Taskin. He has the pace, most athletically built to be a fast bowler and seems hungry for wickets. What he lacks is little discipline and few crafts/arts of pace bowling.

However, if you force him to be a disciplined bowler, I'm afraid that this can destroy his edge, pace and hunger. He needs to self-discipline. He needs tips and tricks from coaching staff what he can do more (yorkers, seem control/swing, reverse, slowers etc.). As he hits the pitch hard, it would be hard for him to swing both ways. But he can learn the rest. BTW, his run-up freaks me out. He needs to ease up (I think), who knows, this may free him up to bowl at 150 kph.

Hopefully, he will be a 145-150 kph bowler, mature by 24 and do wonders for BD with Mustafiz in all formats.
His run up is very unnatural, when Chris Jordan smoothed his run up he added few mph

Taskin takes too many little steps, he needs to improve his stride and loosen his arms up a bit, thought he'll improve this aspect by now, he been the same for 4 years now

Old January 24, 2017, 08:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Taskin's pace is fine as is. I was worried when he was trundling in Wellington at 135 kph.

Christchurch was consistently bowling 142-144, even got up to 146. Nothing spectacular but with Fizz bowling at 140 from the other end thats all we need.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 24, 2017, 08:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Taskin's pace is fine as is. I was worried when he was trundling in Wellington at 135 kph.

Christchurch was consistently bowling 142-144, even got up to 146. Nothing spectacular but with Fizz bowling at 140 from the other end thats all we need.
He was threatening, but did he really get to 146? How come I missed that? Fastest I saw was 142
Old January 24, 2017, 09:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
He was threatening, but did he really get to 146? How come I missed that? Fastest I saw was 142
I just went back and checked on espn3.

The over ending with NZ score 331-8, the last ball of the over was 145.9 kph. He was mostly around 138-140 that over. Maybe an effort ball, maybe a wind gust. But he did get to 143, 144 even so I don't think its an erroneous reading.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 25, 2017, 02:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
I missed it too. All the dropped catches killed the buzz. Apart from our first 3 batting innings, I left the game on but my eyes were usually elsewhere.

But here it is, Taskin reaching 146 km/h:

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 25, 2017, 02:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Bro that is an awesome catch...
Wow! 146 is very good speeds, wish I could see the video. I am waiting for the day he reaches 150, I think with Rubel slowing down he is our only chance now. So proud!!
Old January 25, 2017, 01:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Bro that is an awesome catch...
Wow! 146 is very good speeds, wish I could see the video. I am waiting for the day he reaches 150, I think with Rubel slowing down he is our only chance now. So proud!!
I knew which spell it was in but thats 4-5 overs...fortunately I caught it on the 3rd or 4th delivery. Otherwise I may have lost patience.

It was easy...espn3 keeps the games on file for a week so the replay is accessible on demand.

Rubel hit 143 in the match, as far as I saw. But he was a yard slower than Taskin on average. May be the wind factor. Taskin was really slow in Wellington averaged 135, barely hit 140 and that wasnt till he he was reversing it on day 5.

#OneTeam1Dream