facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 25, 2005, 03:29 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Good sides about our heavy defeat vs Aus.

We had a good chance to push the Australians, however, batting collapse totally destroyed it. Anyways, win is a win and a loss is a loss. We were probably not going to win today even if we managed to score 250. So, its good that

1) We lost faster so that we did not spend much energy and we gonna need it for tomorrow's match. Its sorta like quicker demise is better given the fact that we gonna be in the field within few hours again.

2)Bashar has much to prove for tomorrow's match against England after another Duck

3)We gonna be hungry for a win after two heavy defeats. I even read Bashar saying we gonna have to win against England.

4) All of this leads to a very important situation tomorrow. We really, I repeat really! badly! need a win against England. The tour just wont be complete. With Harmy off! we should probably take advantage of it.

What you guys think?

Old June 25, 2005, 03:51 PM
Street Cricketer

Bashar has been disappointing lately !!! His batting is childlike and completely irresponsible. He needs to learn a thing or two from Javed Omar on grafting. It is crucial that we have someone in the middle order who can hold one end of the wicket. Mashud is pretty good at that but he can't always do it alone. Bashar's seniority demands he take up the responsibility. Play with a straight bat and watch your stumps Bashar !!!!
And for God's sake PLEASE win TOSS !!!!

As far as our bowling is concerned......I am completely at a loss of words to express my dismay and how they are being treated by the English and Australian batsmen !!!! Can anyone shed any light on the pathetic bowling performance ??
Old June 25, 2005, 04:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Right_Way

1) We lost faster so that we did not spend much energy and we gonna need it for tomorrow's match. Its sorta like quicker demise is better given the fact that we gonna be in the field within few hours again.
then why the hell are these guys playing cricket? they can just go home and have fun instead of being killed on the field! wats ur point!!?? u mean to say its good we got off the field quick so that we dont waste energy on australia and reserve it for england? i just dont get it.
Old June 25, 2005, 04:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I am totally against Bshar at no.5. He doesn't have the game for a no.5 batsman. You need someone who can tick the scoreboard at that spot with occassional boundaries as the field is pretty defensive and spread out. He is not the type of player who can find the gaps or improvise according to the field. With the emergence of Ash at no4, Bashar should go back to his customary no.3, where he would have better chances to hit his boundaries. He still will play his hit or miss style and if he can click, the rest , can work it from there.
Old June 25, 2005, 04:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

yeah i agree with beamer on this one. even during that partnership of 130 with ash in cardiff, he wasn't working the singles enough. this puts pressure on the batsmen, especially when chasing. i think tushar is way better at finding gaps (aftab is better, arguably the best in our team). i think sham said something about this too in some other post.

anyways, the batting order should look like this -

3. bashar
4. ash
5. aftab
6. tushar
Old June 25, 2005, 04:55 PM
Club Cricketer

Please read a little bit. I said that it was not our day even if we have scored 250. The Australians would have scored it with in few more overs then they originally used which is 19.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mueid
Quote:
Originally posted by Right_Way

then why the hell are these guys playing cricket? they can just go home and have fun instead of being killed on the field! wats ur point!!?? u mean to say its good we got off the field quick so that we dont waste energy on australia and reserve it for england? i just dont get it.
Old June 25, 2005, 05:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally posted by shovon13

anyways, the batting order should look like this -

3. bashar
4. ash
5. aftab
6. tushar
Old June 25, 2005, 05:14 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

what about nafees..? he played well today
Old June 25, 2005, 05:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Nafees was a big positive out of the game.

Seriously, one more batsman, and a couple of accurate grafting bowlers, and there's a nasty one day side there.

Ian Whitchurch
Old June 25, 2005, 06:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Don't talk funny ..... This match finished in 4 hours and 35 minutes .... What a match it's !!!!!!!! Our players should be ashamed of it . Possibly play like do or die tonight .
Old June 25, 2005, 06:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by ReckmyBack
Don't talk funny ..... This match finished in 4 hours and 35 minutes .... What a match it's !!!!!!!! Our players should be ashamed of it . Possibly play like do or die tonight .
I would wait and see a couple of more matches before labelling them "same old Bangladesh". It was kinda freaky to lose the last 8 wickets so quickly. This can happen to ant team. Ashraful and Nafees were doing great before that.

Lets see if they have the goods to fight back in the last two matches.
Old June 25, 2005, 06:28 PM
Test Cricketer

amader player der paani tey duiba mora uchit . We are a test nation and played like this .... Shame on us not only shame may be something more to us .