facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 17, 2015, 04:43 PM

Default Good Wishes for the Afghans ...

I wish it wasn't the Afghans who would face the Tigers today - if it was any other country I could have care less! Oh! Wait!! If it was Pakistan, that would be a different story though!!!

We all know how spirited the Afghans are. They are a brave nation who is fighting for peace day in day out. It's not easy to play cricket in a "war-field" and yet, the mighty Afghans made their way to the world cricket. It is astonishing to know that most of the Afghan cricketers live in Pakistan, their coach Andy Moles live in Kabul and they practice cricket some where in-between...

I am a Tiger fan, but salute the Afghans for their courage, passions and love for their cricket. Wish you all the best in this world cup and beyond.

Old February 17, 2015, 05:18 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
I wish it wasn't the Afghans who would face the Tigers today - if it was any other country I could have care less! Oh! Wait!! If it was Pakistan, that would be a different story though!!!

We all know how spirited the Afghans are. They are a brave nation who is fighting for peace day in day out. It's not easy to play cricket in a "war-field" and yet, the mighty Afghans made their way to the world cricket. It is astonishing to know that most of the Afghan cricketers live in Pakistan, their coach Andy Moles live in Kabul and they practice cricket some where in-between...

I am a Tiger fan, but salute the Afghans for their courage, passions and love for their cricket. Wish you all the best in this world cup and beyond.
Good luck to them. But with the attitude they've shown, they won't progress far. Sledging is a different thing, but to act barbaric is something else. Unless they don't learn to respect opposition, they wouldn't make it too far.
Old February 17, 2015, 05:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I feel for the Afghans. They've gone through a lot as a country with the wars against the Soviets and the Americans, the 2 biggest superpowers back to back. In spite of that, they've developed a cricket team that's been one of the best associates. Props to them. I'm still very proud of their achievements.

That said, hope we end up beating them bad in today's match
Old February 17, 2015, 05:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I couldn't care less about the Afghans. A team full of arrogant individuals. I hope we crush them and send them back to Kabul!!
Old February 17, 2015, 05:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
I couldn't care less about the Afghans. A team full of arrogant individuals. I hope we crush them and send them back to Kabul!!
Second this....hate to see this, they and their fans are thinking themselves as a racially superior race. That's how they are operating. Too clear to even hide. And dismissing Bangladesh as those racially inferior and frail to compete against them in sports, something which I have never observed ever in my following of international cricket. The hate which some of the Pakistanis have towards us may be to do with sport politics, or history, which is totally understandable. But the afghan cricket team is outright disgusting. Let them enjoy their last and only world cup.
Old February 17, 2015, 05:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
Second this....hate to see this, they and their fans are thinking themselves as a racially superior race. That's how they are operating. Too clear to even hide. And dismissing Bangladesh as those racially inferior and frail to compete against them in sports, something which I have never observed ever in my following of international cricket. The hate which some of the Pakistanis have towards us may be to do with sport politics, or history, which is totally understandable. But the afghan cricket team is outright disgusting. Let them enjoy their last and only world cup.
Those Paksters, bhindians, and others who hate us do so out of self perceived racial superiority. Not some of them, all of them. They should be shot and buried in the ground without a grave marker, IMO. Politics, history will show they were murderers and rapists.

That being said, best wishes to the Afghans except today. Been a fan since their WCL division 5 run.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 17, 2015, 05:54 PM
BC Editorial Team

Where do you see any racial superiority asserted guys? Yes their players talk a lot of smack. They come from a martial nation whose only trademark has been fighting and giving superpowers bloody noses, starting with the Brits, to the Russkis and now the Yanks. Yes their in our face, over the top posturing gets old and annoying quickly, but if they were playing any other team but Bangladesh, I'd be supporting them. This WC needs all the associates to give as many bloody noses as they can. Preferably to the Indian, Australian and English teams first.
Old February 17, 2015, 05:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Where do you see any racial superiority asserted guys? Yes their players talk a lot of smack. They come from a martial nation whose only trademark has been fighting and giving superpowers bloody noses, starting with the Brits, to the Russkis and now the Yanks. Yes their in our face, over the top posturing gets old and annoying quickly, but if they were playing any other team but Bangladesh, I'd be supporting them. This WC needs all the associates to give as many bloody noses as they can. Preferably to the Indian, Australian and English teams first.
I only mentioned paksters and bhindiwalas in my post. Applicable to anyone who shares their traits tho, even those amongst us.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 17, 2015, 06:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

eto theka pore nai, dhuya dey eigulare.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old February 17, 2015, 06:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

lol at the soft sympathy. No mercy tomorrow.

I think Bengalis in general are too soft and nice while our Asian cousins are arrogant and snobby everywhere. Afghans are mouthy everywhere (seem's like learnt it from Pk fans)
anyway, I ain't saying be the same... it's about giving it fair..we are not being fair to ourself's being too nice, sweet, to them while they are anti-BD and believe they are better than us, when they don't even have proper cricketing equipments/stadiums, and only recently, like only yesterday they didn't know anything about cricket!!!
Old February 17, 2015, 06:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

I also wish them all the best! Not today...today I hope we win by 200+ runs (360 vs 150) or 8+ wickets
Old February 17, 2015, 06:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

They are fighting for last 2000 years and they will continue. That's their way of life, so that doesn't need any sympathy On field. If our players have this consideration for one second in heir mind, they are doomed [:LOL:] but I know players won't ever think like that.... rightly so .. if Afghans get 0.5% opportunity they will use that to their advantage brutally. If we lose, they will be beating that drum almost unnecessarily along with our haters for next 4 years and how much the nation will be shattered.

So bhai, I don't even like to have 1% sympathy on this issue. They do have a much better life for the common people than our common or poor. They don't know, what's homeless, while we have millions in slums and footpaths for nearly 50 years. They have 0 beggars, we have in millions. But these poors of our country are hoping for some pleasure out of this game. Our people deserve it 1000 times more than them...we have one afghanistan (25 million) living below poverty. Bhai, ki bolen eita apni, please look at your home, switching off BBC/CNN

Despite having war for 30 years, they still enjoyed a much much better life than our people, since 71. War is income for their people. Why shall we be sympathised for them, instead of our own, who live a worse life? . ..

Please don't get me wrong KP bhai, while we are suppose to build up a mood of battle on and off the field to inspire and get energized, why did you come up with this cold water canon to inspire for a humanitarian cause? Does that help any of our cause or purpose? If it's about being human, our own people are in greater pain for last 50 years, much more than them, so sympathizing for our own people will also make us even "More Human" Trust me, I lived 10 years there
Old February 17, 2015, 06:32 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

I've always been a fan of their cricket until I saw their arrogant attitudes and sore losing nature. Now I could care less about them.

All the best to them regardless. Just not today.
Old February 17, 2015, 06:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Have you seriously went through their history? I remember reading the biography of their last emperor Amanullah and thanks to that book I carry a nonchalant vibe for this nation. They are like that as BANFAN mentioned. Genuine Beduins.
Old February 17, 2015, 06:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
They are fighting for last 2000 years and they will continue. That's their way of life, so that doesn't need any sympathy On field. If our players have this consideration for one second in heir mind, they are doomed [:LOL:] but I know players won't ever think like that.... rightly so .. if Afghans get 0.5% opportunity they will use that to their advantage brutally. If we lose, they will be beating that drum almost unnecessarily along with our haters for next 4 years and how much the nation will be shattered.

So bhai, I don't even like to have 1% sympathy on this issue. They do have a much better life for the common people than our common or poor. They don't know, what's homeless, while we have millions in slums and footpaths for nearly 50 years. They have 0 beggars, we have in millions. But these pools of our country are hoping for some pleasure out of this game. Our people deserve it 1000 times more than them...we have one afghanistan (25 million) living below poverty. Bhai, ki bolen eita apni, please look at your home, switching off BBC/CNN

Despite having war for 30 years, they still enjoyed a much much better life than our people, since 71. War is income for their people. Why shall we be sympathised for them, instead of our own, who live a worse life? . ..

Please don't get me wrong KP bhai, while we are suppose to build up a mood of battle on and off the field to inspire and get energized, why did you come up with this cold water canon to inspire for a humanitarian cause? Does that help any of our cause or purpose? If it's about being human, our own people are in greater pain for last 50 years, much more than them, so sympathizing for our own people will also make us even "More Human" Trust me, I lived 10 years there
I wish I can give a brotherly hug wherever you are now. I don't think there ever has been a romantic story compared to our cricketing history. but people love afghans for their so called refugee story. We've been bruised and battered so many times, more than afghanistan. And you just know that the most hate reserved by most fans in cricket community is Bangladesh, because they know what we as a nation are capable of as history proves it. afghans are getting all the backing from hardcore elitists like Ian Chappel whereas the same guy calls us spineless, and others because they know afghans are only afghans. but there is hate for Bangladesh because they all know how deadly it can be for their superiority on the cricket field. those afghans are jumping on this bandwagon and don't wanna see us prosper at all. Have to say, we have always tried to repel their hate with warmth, but the others are adamant to see us fail. Let us hit them HARD where it really matters, and today is the day In sha Allah!
Old February 17, 2015, 06:59 PM

Count me out as well. I have no sympathy for these so called "pathans". Going by their quotes multiple times, they have this notion of genetic superiority and genuinely believe that they are better than us, something which majority of Pakistan as well as large portion of India believe. I want utter humiliation from our boys.
Old February 17, 2015, 07:03 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

You respect my team, I will cheer for your team, you cheer for my team, I will blindly support your team....... but you talk shittt about my team, i dont care if you exist or get knocked out. yes I am biased and narrowminded like that.....
Old February 17, 2015, 07:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
You respect my team, I will cheer for your team, you cheer for my team, I will blindly support your team....... but you talk shittt about my team, i dont care if you exist or get knocked out. yes I am biased and narrowminded like that.....
Said it like a boss! I dislike these Afghans more than any other cricketing nation. They are arrogant and disrespectful and have superiority complex. Well they can shove that where the sun don't shine!!
Old February 17, 2015, 07:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Brilliantly said Brother! That's the way.
Old February 17, 2015, 07:52 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Not sure from where the assumption that their fanbase is arrogant comes from because players talking up their chances is a mental battle every team engages in. Tamim said Vitori was ordinary but at BC we support Zimbabwe whole heartedly. Afghans have made a lot of progress in cricket despite the obvious challeges they have and it is very much respectable. We as a team should quietly go about our business and leave the chest thumping to the Afghan players. This is not a verbal contest but a contest of skill and experience. No good wishes for this game but the best of luck for the remainder of the tournament certainly.
Old February 17, 2015, 08:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Not today! O No! No way, Jose!
Hope we crush them and get our NRR sorted.

From mañana they have all my support and best wishes
Old February 17, 2015, 08:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I have nothing but Love for the Afgans. Obviously after today's game I am a full 100% Afgan supporter. Beat England. That way our path becomes easy.
Old February 17, 2015, 08:11 PM
Cricket Guru

I haven't come across any Afghan fans tbh, its their players that talk it up, but so do ours. Its mainly Pak fans, that may seem to come off as Afghans, that will fill up the comment boards with their nonsense and garbage.
Old February 17, 2015, 08:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I am not sure why, I am very emotional today. Have watched so many videos already of previous glories.
Old February 17, 2015, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN

So bhai, I don't even like to have 1% sympathy on this issue. They do have a much better life for the common people than our common or poor. They don't know, what's homeless, while we have millions in slums and footpaths for nearly 50 years. They have 0 beggars, we have in millions. But these poors of our country are hoping for some pleasure out of this game. Our people deserve it 1000 times more than them...we have one afghanistan (25 million) living below poverty. Bhai, ki bolen eita apni, please look at your home, switching off BBC/CNN

Dear BANFAN,

Of course I want Tigers to demolish the Afghans today, doesn't mean I can't be a supporter of them! All the associate team has my support like Razab bhai and Mijan bhai...

If some one called the Afghans arrogant, some could level Mushy ...you know what I mean!